Author Topic: Will the Nationals visit PM Trudeau?  (Read 428 times)

Offline ExposFan87

Will the Nationals visit PM Trudeau?
« Topic Start: October 31, 2019, 02:16:24 PM »
Here in Canada, it is customary for championship sports teams to meet with the Head of State.  I am not sure if PM Trudeau has "extended" the "invite" yet, but I am sure it will be "forthcoming"!  Has anyone seen any news?

I just ask that my fellow fans, if any are in attendance, do not boo the Prime Minister.  I understand it is a part of American culture to boo your President, but in our culture it would be considered quite rude!  Instead, you would just remark your displeasure passively and in private.

Online 1995hoo

Re: Will the Nationals visit PM Trudeau?
« Reply #1: October 31, 2019, 02:54:37 PM »
The parade route passes the Canadian Embassy....

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #2: October 31, 2019, 02:56:00 PM »
Here in Canada, it is customary for championship sports teams to meet with the Head of State.  I am not sure if PM Trudeau has "extended" the "invite" yet, but I am sure it will be "forthcoming"!  Has anyone seen any news?

I just ask that my fellow fans, if any are in attendance, do not boo the Prime Minister.  I understand it is a part of American culture to boo your President, but in our culture it would be considered quite rude!  Instead, you would just remark your displeasure passively and in private.
I forgot all about ExposFan87. A great troll is back!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #3: October 31, 2019, 03:02:22 PM »
Not gonna lie, I came back to see what ExposFan87 and Kurt Studzuki are posting right now. This didn't disappoint!

Offline ExposFan87

« Reply #4: October 31, 2019, 03:03:58 PM »
The parade route passes the Canadian Embassy....

Regrettably, I am not able to leave the country due to some legal holdups so I will miss the US parade.  However, the Quebecois faithful are organizing a hero's welcome here in Montreal!  It will be a freaking blast!!!

Sorry for my language.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #5: October 31, 2019, 03:05:58 PM »
Regrettably, I am not able to leave the country due to some legal holdups so I will miss the US parade.  However, the Quebecois faithful are organizing a hero's welcome here in Montreal!  It will be a freaking blast!!!

Sorry for my language.
How’s your wife?  And her friend?

Offline ExposFan87

« Reply #6: October 31, 2019, 03:09:57 PM »
My wife Patti has many friends!  Primarily male however, she does not get along with women too well.  She is a social butterfly :-)

I texted her last night after our big win.  She has not responded yet, but she is staying at my cousin Hugo's condo and they are both night owls.

Allons-y!

Offline hohoho

« Reply #7: October 31, 2019, 07:42:30 PM »

They are just politicians, not kings. I only boo them when they deserve it.