Author Topic: Your personal World Series MVP  (Read 522 times)

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
Your personal World Series MVP
« Topic Start: October 31, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
I honestly believe this team had one of the hardest choices for picking the MVP. So who is your personal MVP?

Stras deserved the MVP but so did Rendon and Soto and even a guy like Eaton or Corbin for relief heroics.

It's very hard but I think Soto or Rendon have a very strong case. Rendon is my personal MVP and game 7 MVP.

Offline nfotiu

Re: Your personal World Series MVP
« Reply #1: October 31, 2019, 09:36:45 AM »
There were no passengers on this 179 game journey.  The team playing as a team is the MVP.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #2: October 31, 2019, 09:37:17 AM »
Juan Soto. We knew Strasburg and Rendon would bring it in the playoffs, but I still think Juan Soto broke Houston's will multiple times. He lived rent free in their heads for 7 games.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

« Reply #3: October 31, 2019, 09:42:02 AM »
There were no passengers on this 179 game journey.  The team playing as a team is the MVP.
Even guys who had horrible stats (Suzuki) had one clutch hit to win a game.

That's why this world series was incredible.

Offline miller10

« Reply #4: October 31, 2019, 09:42:14 AM »
Are we here without players like Michael A. Taylor?  Truly a team effort. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #5: October 31, 2019, 09:44:24 AM »
I'd nominate Eaton. Trea didn't have the best series, so Eaton became the place setter. Line drives and homeruns. Stolen bases and runs plated.  Second only to Juan in hits, runs, homeruns, pretty much everything else.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

« Reply #6: October 31, 2019, 09:45:14 AM »
Are we here without players like Michael A. Taylor?  Truly a team effort.
This is what I loved about this team. It reminded me so much of the Caps. The resilency. Staying in the fight. The game winner came from a 36 year old who hit the foul pole. It wasn't Soto or Rendon. Kind of like Lars eller getting the gwg for the Caps. It was truly all hands on deck and that's why so many guys deserve this honor

Offline Optics

« Reply #7: October 31, 2019, 09:45:59 AM »
Adam Eaton. Got on base regularly and delivered some clutch hits.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #8: October 31, 2019, 10:12:35 AM »
Rendon

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #9: October 31, 2019, 10:15:35 AM »
Turner. Because free tacos.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #10: October 31, 2019, 10:15:36 AM »
I'm happy with Stras over Rendon.  In fact, it is so Rendon for him not to get the MVP.  He's usually not wowing you but at the end of the day, he has the 5 RBI that salts a game away and lets you rest bullpen or the HR that sets up the winning sequence of walk, pitching change, and HR that grabs the lead.  He's this day to day accumulator of performance.  Meanwhile, they simply don't win the series without Stras's 2 starts.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #11: October 31, 2019, 10:18:26 AM »
I would have voted for Rendon over Strasburg. Rendon played in every game and delivered huge hits in Game 2, Game 6, and Game 7. I was honestly surprised to see Strasburg, who only played in two games, beat him out. I suspect voters were violating the rules and taking the Wild Card Game, the NLDS, and the NLCS into consideration as well.

Of course the biggest hit in Nationals history now belongs to Howie Kendrick. Suzuki also hit a game-winning World Series home run and earlier in that same game cut down a runner at third base who would have certainly scored otherwise.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

« Reply #12: October 31, 2019, 10:18:42 AM »
I'm happy with Stras over Rendon.  In fact, it is so Rendon for him not to get the MVP.  He's usually not wowing you but at the end of the day, he has the 5 RBI that salts a game away and lets you rest bullpen or the HR that sets up the winning sequence of walk, pitching change, and HR that grabs the lead.  He's this day to day accumulator of performance.  Meanwhile, they simply don't win the series without Stras's 2 starts.

I saw a graphic last night that Rendon in elimination games after the 7th inning was just either walked,hit, or home run.

That man earned his 300 million and I hope he gets it.

Offline RiotAct

« Reply #13: October 31, 2019, 10:18:55 AM »
Even guys who had horrible stats (Suzuki) had one clutch hit to win a game.

That's why this world series was incredible.

plus don’t forget all of the great blocks he had Game 1 catching for Scherzer.  Any one of those turns into a passed ball, it could have changed the outcome of that (close) game.

Offline catocony

« Reply #14: October 31, 2019, 10:26:18 AM »
I would have voted for Eaton for MVP.  It wasn't just the great batting average but the clutch hits.  Strasburg for runner up, then Rendon, then Soto. 

As far as MVP for the entire month, Strasburg.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #15: October 31, 2019, 10:42:49 AM »
I saw a graphic last night that Rendon in elimination games after the 7th inning was just either walked,hit, or home run.

That man earned his 300 million and I hope he gets it.
I think there was a double or two in there but yes, it was amazing and unstoppable.

Offline phil219

« Reply #16: October 31, 2019, 10:57:39 AM »
I could argue for any number of potential WS MVP candidates. Strasburg is a worthy recipient.

Personally I would have selected Rendon. The Nats simple would not have won that game last night if not for his homer off Greinke who was absolutely dominating and crushing our will until that precise moment when we knew the bats would start to wake.

Rendon was the MVP of the World Series. So was Soto. Strasburg. Corbin. Eaton. Scherzer. Hudson. Howie.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #17: October 31, 2019, 10:39:30 PM »
Paul Menhart, the Nats pitching coach, went to my high school in Groton, CT - class of 1987