Author Topic: Expos Throwback Day  (Read 3894 times)

Online Senatorswin

Re: Expos Throwback Day
« Reply #100: July 07, 2019, 01:56:09 AM »
Played that song in my DJ days (late 60s) and saw "Hair" at the Biltmore Theater (IIRC) in NYC on January 1, 1970   ....   what a decade the 70s were.      Truly psychedelic.     :)

I still find the 70's backing up on me sometimes. Some things you never totally recover from.

Offline slhubic

« Reply #101: July 07, 2019, 03:58:08 AM »
errr.  this IS this organisations most recent history, to a certain extent, and lineage is lineage, to the same certain extent.  and with some of the talk being about what an utter farce it is, there are the teams who have looser associations with negro league teams, with Washington wearing the uniforms of a team they obviously never were ('homestead grays'), which, all-in-all, and in the end, is about homage to something more than dissecting an exact lineage...

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #102: July 07, 2019, 09:59:37 AM »
Can anyone who was at the park report on how it was. I’m sad I missed that one. 

Nothing you wouldn't expect, a mix of cat day and Expos day themed stuff, another great start by Scherzer, and blazing sun.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #103: July 07, 2019, 10:39:08 AM »

It was kind of cool as a change of pace. I like the fact that they used a 1969 scoreboard theme, sang the Canadian anthem, served poutine, etc. But, honestly, I never did get used to the Nats in powdered blue. I kept thinking the visiting team was hitting when the Nats were at the plate.

I think most fans thought it was cool but some were indifferent.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #104: July 07, 2019, 11:51:45 AM »
I kept getting confused which team was which and Captain Obvious was Capi'tan Evident

The scoreboard was modified to have a 1969 look but concession prices were definitely 21st century

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #105: July 07, 2019, 03:43:21 PM »
I loved it.  The bilingual announcer was a nice touch. 

Some people in my row hated it...*shrug*, I'm not a big fan of "faith night" but with a 81 home games you can pretty much throw a bone to just about everyone. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #106: July 07, 2019, 07:53:51 PM »
This forum needs a like button.

Some people in my row hated it...*shrug*, I'm not a big fan of "faith night" but with a 81 home games you can pretty much throw a bone to just about everyone.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #107: July 07, 2019, 08:04:37 PM »

I try to pick Capitals games in my partial plan against Canadian hockey teams just so we can hear both Anthems...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108: July 07, 2019, 08:08:00 PM »
I feel like this whole thread could be used as a way to determine who was a Washington baseball fan when they previously had a team and who are the folks that have come along just for the Nats era.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #109: July 08, 2019, 10:38:30 AM »
I'm not a big fan of "faith night" but with a 81 home games you can pretty much throw a bone to just about everyone. 
Equal time.  Atheists and folks who have dropped out from religion should have a Faith No More night.

Also, if you show up with a date named Faith, then you should get a BOGO on your tickets.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110: July 08, 2019, 11:01:41 AM »
Equal time.  Atheists and folks who have dropped out from religion should have a Faith No More night.

Also, if you show up with a date named Faith, then you should get a BOGO on your tickets.

Offline GataNats

« Reply #111: July 08, 2019, 02:05:20 PM »

Exactly.   The amount of people who leave religion greatly increases each season.

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #112: July 08, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »
Faith night should be re-named Evangelical Right-wing Christian night.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #113: July 08, 2019, 02:42:29 PM »

:lmao: :clap:

Offline expos1994

« Reply #114: July 08, 2019, 02:56:21 PM »
I feel like this whole thread could be used as a way to determine who was a Washington baseball fan when they previously had a team and who are the folks that have come along just for the Nats era.

And who are Expos fans who followed their team to Washington. It's a melting pot of fans.

No one fan is better than the other but Anthony Rendon is better than Bryce Harper. That we can all agree on.