Author Topic: Nationals @ Reds, Game 2  (Read 22183 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 2
« Reply #375: May 22, 2007, 10:19:33 PM »
Also, how come all of the so-called "bad" fans are the ones who are here in the threads every night, following every pitch of every game?  I'm not trying to take sides, but it seems the people who most commonly chastise them are the ones who rarely if every show up to post in the game thread.  If you don't like the "negativity" of the threads, man up and seed the threads with your positive thoughts! :shock:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #376: May 22, 2007, 10:19:53 PM »
Another game I don't watch on TV, another game the Nats win :lol: *sigh* :-[
DON'T WATCH GAMES ON TV!!!!

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #377: May 22, 2007, 10:20:12 PM »
Another game I don't watch on TV, another game the Nats win :lol: *sigh* :-[

I was happier about this game when they were down 4-3 than I was last night when they were up 6-3. Call it a feel for that karma thing.

Lopez is going to like it when we move to a new stadium. He seems to find his pop on the road. I think it is time to move him out of the leadoff spot for the betterment of both him and the team.

« Reply #378: May 22, 2007, 10:20:16 PM »
So are you trying to say you don't like negativity?  I can't really get a read on your opinion.

I generally don't like negativity but if you are so concerned with how this site is seen by outside sources, what is the difference between posting pics of players Xed out and screaming "This team plays like a bunch of a-holes and makes me sick?"  I would think both would generally reflect negatively on this site at first glance to the guests.

But we all have a right to express our opinions and vent our frustrations in our own special ways don't we?

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #379: May 22, 2007, 10:21:25 PM »
But we all have a right to express our opinions and vent our frustrations in our own special ways don't we?
QFT

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #380: May 22, 2007, 10:21:27 PM »
Also, how come all of the so-called "bad" fans are the ones who are here in the threads every night, following every pitch of every game?  I'm not trying to take sides, but it seems the people who most commonly chastise them are the ones who rarely if every show up to post in the game thread.  If you don't like the "negativity" of the threads, man up and seed the threads with your positive thoughts! :shock:
  :clap:

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #381: May 22, 2007, 10:23:03 PM »
"I hope this &#@#$$% team loses the rest of these @#!(#$$# games on this #*%$*($&U road trip."

Remember this?

Care to retract that?

:roll:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #382: May 22, 2007, 10:23:25 PM »
Ha, MASN was wrong then. They listed King as getting the win, but of course it was Colome.

CBS Sportsline does not believe in God, but they do believe, and report, that Jesus won this game, because He did.

Offline Kilgore Trout

• Don't ask me about HGH or steroids!
« Reply #383: May 22, 2007, 10:24:48 PM »
CBS Sportsline does not believe in God, but they do believe, and report, that Jesus won this game, because He did.
(Image removed from quote.)
Praise Jesus!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #384: May 22, 2007, 10:24:57 PM »
Come on guys...it's called venting....and we're allowed to do so! That's the joy and agony of being a diehard fan.We scream in anger and in joy!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #385: May 22, 2007, 10:25:33 PM »
"I hope this &#@#$$% team loses the rest of these @#!(#$$# games on this #*%$*($&U road trip."

Remember this?

Care to retract that?

How come you never post DURING the game? ;)

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #386: May 22, 2007, 10:25:39 PM »

So you're saying that MASN meant to say King of Kings and ran out of space. :)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #387: May 22, 2007, 10:26:15 PM »

Remember this?

Care to retract that?

« Reply #388: May 22, 2007, 10:27:10 PM »

Believe it or not Chief, some of us do have lives outside this message board. ;)  And I would be more than happy to attend more threads but frankly the negativity does turn me off, especially when words are later put in my mouth by other posters.  There are other avenues where I can enjoy the game with good company.  I could spend every game doing that but sometimes I choose to be here because I generally enjoy the discussions and have made a few friends here and there.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #389: May 22, 2007, 10:27:33 PM »
There's a difference between someone venting because of a current play during a game...and someone constantly representing themselves everytime they post (an avatar) that they HATE SO&SO.  Then if you have a whole bunch of users with I HATE SO&SO avatars...it certainly wouldn't look like a Nationals Fan web forum.  That's all I was trying to avoid.

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #390: May 22, 2007, 10:28:26 PM »
How come you never post DURING the game? ;)

Because I'm watching it on TV and helping to take care of my infant twin son and daughter.

And there's no law saying you must post during a game to somehow "earn" privileges to call out others for their extremely negative outlook of this team.  I don't know why you put up with it.

« Reply #391: May 22, 2007, 10:29:51 PM »

Be as it may and whatever the Chief said, that is a pretty horrid thing to say if you said it no matter what way you look at it.  Did you really post that? 

« Reply #392: May 22, 2007, 10:30:35 PM »
Screw this crap.......

THE NATS WON!!!!!!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #393: May 22, 2007, 10:30:58 PM »
Jayman, please.  I swear to God, I came onto the forum just now, and saw that you had the most recent post.  I knew then that it would be a personal attack or an off-topic rant on people's behavior.  I would respect your opinion if you actually contributed to this board.

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #394: May 22, 2007, 10:31:45 PM »
Be as it may and whatever the Chief said, that is a pretty horrid thing to say if you said it no matter what way you look at it.  Did you really post that? 

What was said?

Offline Kilgore Trout

• Don't ask me about HGH or steroids!
« Reply #395: May 22, 2007, 10:31:48 PM »
Screw this crap.......

THE NATS WON!!!!!!

"AMEN" - Jesus

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #396: May 22, 2007, 10:31:55 PM »
Because I'm watching it on TV and helping to take care of my infant twin son and daughter.

And there's no law saying you must post during a game to somehow "earn" privileges to call out others for their extremely negative outlook of this team.  I don't know why you put up with it.
There's no law saying you have to log on either.  We aren't a kool-aid...always be happy no matter what board.  Frankly...that would be boring.  The only thing I've seen you post ever...is to complain about other members and make snide comments.  My two cents.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #397: May 22, 2007, 10:32:03 PM »
"We're battlers, we're warriors, we're grinders, we're brothers."  ~Ryan Church
Savor the victory.

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #398: May 22, 2007, 10:33:17 PM »
Jayman, please.  I swear to God, I came onto the forum just now, and saw that you had the most recent post.  I knew then that it would be a personal attack or an off-topic rant on people's behavior.  I would respect your opinion if you actually contributed to this board.

And you call relentless ranting and raving and constant bashing of a team that we should be thankful to have in this city contributing?

Whatever.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #399: May 22, 2007, 10:34:12 PM »
And you call relentless ranting and raving and constant bashing of a team that we should be thankful to have in this city contributing?

Whatever.

Put up or shut up.  Honestly, I don't know why you care if you're never here to actually contribute to the forum.