Author Topic: Fire [insert name here] -Manager Search (2018 edition)  (Read 17154 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
HS - you were excited for Williams ???  My - that says something about your state of mind ...

I was excited for Davey and williams- I'll be happy about this until I have a reason not to be

Offline Mattionals

I ask this with all sincerity. Why are so many people excited for a guy how has been repeatedly passed over for jobs for at least the past 5 years?

He lost out to John Farrell for the Jays in 2010. Farrell was known to be a top candidate that off-season. The same 9ffseason he lost to Acta for the Indians skipper, but the Indians wanted Acta since he had experience, I believe.

The next few make some sense as well. Robin Ventura, Bo Porter, Rick Renteria, and Matt Williams were all favored internally by the respective organizations who hired them. His last audition makes little sense, because he interviewed for the Days opening when Madson left and was given support by players.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Yeah...I don't get it either...

Guessing they think he brings Maddon's "genius" with him...

Hope so! :woop:
Plus he's freaking cute :)

Offline slhubic

Yeah...I don't get it either...

Guessing they think he brings Maddon's "genius" with him...

yep.  there was a similar situation such as this, before, and thus began the glory that was 'williams'...

Offline Mathguy

Skippy - glad to see you have your priorities

Hope so! :woop:

Offline Ray D

So was Manny Acta.

Offline Ray D

I swear to god I hope this isn't true.  It would be the stupidest move this organization has ever made.  Yes, stupider than Williams.  Why?  Because they should have learned something from the Williams experience. This is just godam idiotic.

Offline Ray D

So was Manny Acta.
And I just looked at his picture. That's cute?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
LOL @ anyone assuming he's the next Matt Williams

You know this how?

Offline dcpatti

Twitter is a-buzz with the idea of Wade Boggs as hitting coach.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

Uggh. He had a reputation of not being very likable when he played.

Offline Ray D

Rather have Margo Adams.

Offline whytev

I swear to god I hope this isn't true.  It would be the stupidest move this organization has ever made.  Yes, stupider than Williams.  Why?  Because they should have learned something from the Williams experience. This is just godam idiotic.

Didn’t know Williams was a bench coach for 12 years.

Offline Mathguy

I wouldn't compare anyone to being like Matt Williams.  Except maybe MDS

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Svrluga Tweets that the Nats reached out to Girardi. No interview was scheduled. Seems like the expectation is that he takes a year off.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

You asked for it, Boggs!

Offline UMDNats

Svrluga Tweets that the Nats reached out to Girardi. No interview was scheduled. Seems like the expectation is that he takes a year off.

Won't stop Nats fans from saying, "We should have hired Girardi!"