Author Topic: First Annual WNFF Meet and Greet 9/30/17  (Read 29013 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: First Annual WNFF Meet and Greet 9/30/17
« Reply #450: October 06, 2017, 07:30:37 AM »
I'd have gone had it not been for the Metro issues and the national anthem demonstrations.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #451: October 06, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »
I'd have gone had it not been for the Metro issues and the national anthem demonstrations.
I missed it.  Has there been any sort of demonstration at a Nats game?  Baseball players haven't demonstrated as far as I have heard, although I have not paid attention to it.  Last one I remember was Carlos Delgado, who did it years ago, due to some Puerto Rico issues.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #452: October 06, 2017, 09:22:42 AM »
I missed it.  Has there been any sort of demonstration at a Nats game?  Baseball players haven't demonstrated as far as I have heard, although I have not paid attention to it.  Last one I remember was Carlos Delgado, who did it years ago, due to some Puerto Rico issues.

Except for that one guy in Oakland, there have been zero protests in MLB. And certainly nothing at Nationals Park. If anything, the Nats overdo it the other way. With military tributes pregame as well as in the third and sometimes seventh innings.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #453: October 06, 2017, 09:29:01 AM »
Except for that one guy in Oakland, there have been zero protests in MLB. And certainly nothing at Nationals Park. If anything, the Nats overdo it the other way. With military tributes pregame as well as in the third and sometimes seventh innings.

Haven't seen anything at our Park.    Lookin' at tonight's "lineup", I'd agree with the "overdo" comment as well.    I think I wrote in another thread  ...  SSB and baseball.    That's all I need.   

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #454: October 06, 2017, 10:03:07 AM »

OC's issue is that he wants to hear God Save the Queen so he's demonstrating by not showing up.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #455: October 06, 2017, 10:45:34 AM »

The Oakland demonstration is the only one of which I am specifically aware too, although in a political town like this one never knows.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #456: October 06, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »
I'm surprised they haven't rolled missiles and tanks down the first base line yet.   
If anything, the Nats overdo it the other way. With military tributes pregame as well as in the third and sometimes seventh innings.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #457: October 06, 2017, 12:28:11 PM »
I'm surprised they haven't rolled missiles and tanks down the first base line yet.

Wait and see if they make it to the World Series...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #458: October 25, 2017, 09:34:57 AM »
:lmao:
I do have to say the Gulf was prettt murky all Summer with all the rain but two weeks ago? Perfection

(Image removed from quote.)

What about that shark perhaps 60 yards out, just right of center?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #459: October 25, 2017, 05:00:40 PM »
What about that shark perhaps 60 yards out, just right of center?

oh haha I didn't even notice that tiny black dot.  I'd say bird.  Or dolphin.  Definitely not shark because I'm dying to see a fin in the water and I totally keep my eyes peeled when I'm at the beach.