Author Topic: First Annual WNFF Meet and Greet 9/30/17  (Read 28411 times)

Offline aspenbubba

Re: First Annual WNFF Meet and Greet 9/30/17
« Reply #200: September 11, 2017, 02:12:11 PM »
My first thought was to invite Nat's management to visit our forum. Then again with some of the threads and the rantings in them (myself included) i thought better of it. Still reaching out to Johnny H. to drop by.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #201: September 11, 2017, 02:15:28 PM »
I plan to be there. Not sure if Mrs. GburgNatsFan is in or not, given that we have seats the following day. (It's not that she wouldn't want to attend both games, it's that she wouldn't want to spend that much time, on back-to-back days, with me.)

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #202: September 11, 2017, 02:17:35 PM »
FIFY

Genius Mitlen.  Anyone who knows Blue is going to do their best not to start the conversation up.   Cause there's the posting Blue, 7 words, max;  Then there's the conversational Blue, 7 paragraphs innings, min.

:crackup:

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #203: September 11, 2017, 02:23:59 PM »
9/30, huh? The girlfriend and I will be sure to watch the game and drink an extra beer if we see you guys clowning around on TV.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #204: September 11, 2017, 02:34:53 PM »
Genius Mitlen.  Anyone who knows Blue is going to do their best not to start the conversation up.   Cause there's the posting Blue, 7 words, max;  Then there's the conversational Blue, 7 paragraphs min.

:crackup:

As he walked off, I told him, "Don't be a stranger."    Hope he shows up.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #205: September 11, 2017, 02:53:35 PM »
I plan to be there. Not sure if Mrs. GburgNatsFan is in or not, given that we have seats the following day. (It's not that she wouldn't want to attend both games, it's that she wouldn't want to spend that much time, on back-to-back days, with me.)

Totally understandable...  ;)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #206: September 11, 2017, 03:39:55 PM »
9/30, huh? The girlfriend and I will be sure to watch the game and drink an extra beer if we see you guys clowning around on TV.

How much do we need to chip in to get her into the in-person beer drinking crowd?  You can watch Mitlen put the old man moves on her, and that'll make you go for the extra beer. 

Same solution: her on 9/30, not you.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #207: September 11, 2017, 04:24:52 PM »
 :hysterical:
How much do we need to chip in to get her into the in-person beer drinking crowd?  You can watch Mitlen put the old man moves on her, and that'll make you go for the extra beer. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #208: September 11, 2017, 04:25:17 PM »
She does have good judgment.

Totally understandable...  ;)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #209: September 11, 2017, 11:58:30 PM »
Dayum, I didn't know skippy was comin'.     I may hang out with blue911.     :)

Aw cmon I'm not that scary :mg:

Yay! Tell her she can talk to the rest of us and pretend you're not even there :lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #210: September 12, 2017, 12:34:48 AM »
Aw cmon I'm not that scary :mg:

Sure you are. You're the reason I'm not showing up. :poke:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #211: September 12, 2017, 04:56:13 AM »
I'd like to see Mike Rizzo so he knows most of us have been rooting since 2005

My first thought was to invite Nat's management to visit our forum. Then again with some of the threads and the rantings in them (myself included) i thought better of it. Still reaching out to Johnny H. to drop by.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #212: September 12, 2017, 09:11:54 AM »
I got a response from the Nationals this morning:

Hello -

Thank you for your interest in hosting your event at Nationals Park! Could you provide us more details on the type of event you’re considering? We look forward to working with you.

Thanks!

Not sure how much more I can tell them...any thoughts?

KEEP IT CLEAN.
VaRK - as for who we are, tell them to google "Washington Nationals message board."  We show up 2d, right behind the MLB board.  We are also independent.  As for the type of event, it is purely a social get together among participants in this Board, to connect before the playoffs and celebrate the season at the park.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #213: September 12, 2017, 09:38:20 AM »

Sure you are. You're the reason I'm not showing up. :poke:

We know where to find you.    :)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #214: September 12, 2017, 10:21:57 AM »
VaRK - as for who we are, tell them to google "Washington Nationals message board."  We show up 2d, right behind the MLB board.  We are also independent.  As for the type of event, it is purely a social get together among participants in this Board, to connect before the playoffs and celebrate the season at the park.

Thanks...

I just sent this off:

Good morning...
Thank you for reaching out to me...we all appreciate it...
The Washington Nationals Fan Forum (www.wnff.net) is an independent message board comprised of over 2,000 registered users. We are one of the two largest Washington Nationals message boards.
Our members hail worldwide from Australia to Canada and Great Britian; in the US from Colorado to Florida and New York; and right here at home in the DMV.
While I cannot furnish you with an exact number, several dozen members have already acquired tickets for this particular game (many are SPH's) to celebrate the season and the upcoming postseason together. 
It is purely a social gathering, and the Bud Light Loft provides a perfect meeting place for the members. 
In brief, we would like to access the Loft, perhaps even a bit in advance of the Center Field gates officially opening, to establish an area for the members to congregate pre-game.  I personally plan to arrive as soon as the Geico Garage opens at 4:35pm.
We have a 2'x4' white with red lettering "WNFF" vinyl banner to help direct the folks that are making their first pilgrimage to Nats Park to the rest of the group.
If we could be granted this somewhat early access to place our banner temporarily on the fence near the seating area, we can direct folks there.  This also places us in close proximity to the adjacent bar.  See the attached photo of the area and the fence I am referring to.
Finally, we would appreciate an opportunity to visit with Ray Knight and Johnny Holliday for a few moments before their broadcast, and perhaps take advantage of a photo opportunity. 
Anything you can do to help facilitate this event would be helpful.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.  We look forward to seeing you at the Park on the 30th.
NO NATS!
VaRK

Offline spidernat

« Reply #215: September 12, 2017, 10:36:13 AM »
I'd like to see Mike Rizzo so he knows most of us have been rooting since 2005

:hang:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #216: September 12, 2017, 11:11:07 AM »
Thanks...

I just sent this off:

Good morning...
Thank you for reaching out to me...we all appreciate it...
The Washington Nationals Fan Forum (www.wnff.net) is an independent message board comprised of over 2,000 registered users. We are one of the two largest Washington Nationals message boards.
Our members hail worldwide from Australia to Canada and Great Britian; in the US from Colorado to Florida and New York; and right here at home in the DMV.
While I cannot furnish you with an exact number, several dozen members have already acquired tickets for this particular game (many are SPH's) to celebrate the season and the upcoming postseason together. 
It is purely a social gathering, and the Bud Light Loft provides a perfect meeting place for the members. 
In brief, we would like to access the Loft, perhaps even a bit in advance of the Center Field gates officially opening, to establish an area for the members to congregate pre-game.  I personally plan to arrive as soon as the Geico Garage opens at 4:35pm.
We have a 2'x4' white with red lettering "WNFF" vinyl banner to help direct the folks that are making their first pilgrimage to Nats Park to the rest of the group.
If we could be granted this somewhat early access to place our banner temporarily on the fence near the seating area, we can direct folks there.  This also places us in close proximity to the adjacent bar.  See the attached photo of the area and the fence I am referring to.
Finally, we would appreciate an opportunity to visit with Ray Knight and Johnny Holliday for a few moments before their broadcast, and perhaps take advantage of a photo opportunity. 
Anything you can do to help facilitate this event would be helpful.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.  We look forward to seeing you at the Park on the 30th.
NO NATS!
VaRK

:shock:

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #217: September 12, 2017, 11:13:24 AM »

:lmao:

Y'all missed your chance, we came up for a game earlier this year and hung out with Ali and Frau.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #218: September 12, 2017, 11:15:05 AM »
I'll come if someone wants to fly me there and back and pay for my ticket.
My offer still stands.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #219: September 12, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »
:shock:

:hysterical:

Whoops...

Thanks...sent her a correction...  ;)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #220: September 12, 2017, 12:51:05 PM »
So..I just got this from the Nats...

We're on our own...  :(

VaRK,

Thank you for reaching out, I’m glad to help! Will this be something where you would require groups tickets or does everyone already have tickets for the 30th?

The Bud Light Loft area is on a first-come, first-serve basis so we unfortunately cannot reserve space or open for early entry. However, I would recommend showing up as soon as gates open to secure a spot for the group. If you arrive at that time you will not have a problem finding space to congregate.

With regards to Johnny and Ray, you can certainly coordinate with them directly to set up a meet and greet. We are unable to request such meetings with players or broadcasters.

Thanks!

My response:

Thanks...
Yes...everyone is already ticketed...
I'll be certain to be there early and will attempt to commandeer our preferred spot...
Would you know how best to reach out to Johnny and Ray in advance?
Thanks,
Greg

If y'all can get there early, it will hep us secure our LZ...

We have a member working on the Johnny and Ray connection, so we'll see what comes of that...

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #221: September 12, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »
Lerners are cheap. And useless.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #222: September 12, 2017, 12:55:19 PM »
What time should we be there, VaRK?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #223: September 12, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »
What time should we be there, VaRK?

Gates open at 5:05...do your best...  :thumbs:

I'll be early...folks can't miss me...I'll be the best looking 65 year old man up there...  ;)

I contacted MASN regarding Johnny and Ray, where I'm certain to have as much luck...  :(

Offline spidernat

« Reply #224: September 12, 2017, 01:00:44 PM »
So..I just got this from the Nats...

We're on our own...  :(

VaRK,

Thank you for reaching out, I’m glad to help! Will this be something where you would require groups tickets or does everyone already have tickets for the 30th?

This is all they were interested in. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: