Author Topic: MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SUSHI  (Read 977 times)

nospinzone1

MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SUSHI
« Topic Start: April 29, 2007, 10:37:51 PM »
For the first time i had sushi yesterday and I think I got diahrrea from eating it. Heck I wanted next to try the eel sushi but now I am not so sure. What you think Erica?

Offline kimnat

Re: MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SUSHI
« Reply #1: April 29, 2007, 10:40:11 PM »
You're crazy!  I can't believe you tried it w/ all your medical issues.  :D  Well maybe you learned a little lesson.  :)

nospinzone1

« Reply #2: April 30, 2007, 01:23:42 AM »
You're crazy!  I can't believe you tried it w/ all your medical issues.  :D  Well maybe you learned a little lesson.  :)

actually I thought I have read that cooked sushi is healthy.
see, I have an appointment the 9th of next month with a registered nutritionist to deal with my health issues so she can educate me about nutrition. I am completely ignorant on the subject and need to learn to read labels better than I do now. and it is almost like somebody that is going to quit smoking and needs to smoke as much as he can til the dreaded day of quitting. that is what is happening to me now....i am eating all the forbidden things til she talks me into cutting out all the good tasting stuff. like I had a couple of days ago veal tongue; roasted duck, things like that. now that I had found the perfect quick snack, i.e. oraidas crinkle cut microwave fries, i probably will have to give them up too.

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #3: April 30, 2007, 02:23:12 AM »
Watch out for trans fat, or anything with hydrogenated oils. Most fast food has tons of it and so does alot of stuff you get from grocery stores.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #4: April 30, 2007, 08:15:42 AM »
actually I thought I have read that cooked sushi is healthy.
see, I have an appointment the 9th of next month with a registered nutritionist to deal with my health issues so she can educate me about nutrition. I am completely ignorant on the subject and need to learn to read labels better than I do now. and it is almost like somebody that is going to quit smoking and needs to smoke as much as he can til the dreaded day of quitting. that is what is happening to me now....i am eating all the forbidden things til she talks me into cutting out all the good tasting stuff. like I had a couple of days ago veal tongue; roasted duck, things like that. now that I had found the perfect quick snack, i.e. oraidas crinkle cut microwave fries, i probably will have to give them up too.

I've had to give up a ton of yummy stuff too.  My dad was diagnosed w/ diabetes a few months ago and it really woke me up.  My weight had gotten a bit out of control, so to make for a healthier me, I'm doing the Nutrisystem thing.  So far, 10 lbs are gone.  But I had a rough weekend and craved alot of stuff.  But the noticed that when I stick to the diet I feel better because I'm eating healthier.  The trans fat stuff and super sweet stuff just made me feel awful!  And that really surprised me.  So, I understand about not wanting to cut out the yummy stuff.  But Kyle's right, try to avoid the extra fat and the trans fat altogether.  Peanuts are a great munchy snack!  Good luck!

nospinzone1

« Reply #5: April 30, 2007, 12:27:43 PM »
TROUBLE WITH with doing away with trans fats is that nothing that they have taken it off tastes like cardboard, incljding things like salad dressings.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #6: April 30, 2007, 12:46:51 PM »
I just found some organic Chip AHoys and Oreos made by Nabisco at Giant yesterday.  No trans.  and I cheated and tasted an Oreo.  MMmmmm good!  And I think McCain's fries are trans fat free too.  And they're really good.  No relation there to the senator from AZ.  Some stuff is kinda yucky, but there's a lot of yummy stuff out there, too.  Good luck!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #7: April 30, 2007, 01:45:43 PM »
TROUBLE WITH with doing away with trans fats is that nothing that they have taken it off tastes like cardboard, incljding things like salad dressings.

Trans fats were created by the mega food industry to make products last longer on the shelf.  They have never been credited with making food taste better, unless you are talking about food that otherwise would have spoiled.  So, we're all going to just hunker down and eat fresher food.  Sure hope we can survive doing so.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #8: April 30, 2007, 02:59:41 PM »
Hey, pineapple is really great!  :D

nospinzone1

« Reply #9: April 30, 2007, 06:56:39 PM »
For the first time i had sushi yesterday and I think I got diahrrea from eating it. Heck I wanted next to try the eel sushi but now I am not so sure. What you think Erica?

THERE COULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER SUSPECT. CUBAN PORK MEAT SANDWICH FROM A PERUVIAN RESTAURANT. CANT SAY NOW IT WAS THE SUSHI. I DID NOT THINK OF THE CUBAN SANDWICH.