Author Topic: Not a Prospect: Andrew Stevenson, OF  (Read 15911 times)

Offline GNatsNoMore

Re: Follow the Prospects: Andrew Stevenson, OF
« Reply #50: June 27, 2016, 04:16:43 PM »
I bet he'll make the majors before Goodwin
Yeah, and he started out in Auburn last summer, and is almost 3 1/2 years younger than Goodwin. i just noticed he has 8 triples this season  :az:, so his All Star Game performance was no fluke.  Maybe he'll end up in the 2016 Arizona Fall League if he continues to progress with the Senators. 

Offline whytev

« Reply #51: June 27, 2016, 04:21:26 PM »
Yeah, and he started out in Auburn last summer, and is almost 3 1/2 years younger than Goodwin. i just noticed he has 8 triples this season  :az:, so his All Star Game performance was no fluke.  Maybe he'll end up in the 2016 Arizona Fall League if he continues to progress with the Senators.

Is that a triples park, or is he just an animal on the paths?

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #52: June 27, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »
I bet he'll make the majors before Goodwin

Seeing as how Goodwin is already on the 40-man, he'll get a look in Sept., as long as he's not hurt again.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #53: June 27, 2016, 04:35:54 PM »
Is that a triples park, or is he just an animal on the paths?

He's not Trea fast, but apparently has speed for days. I only remember the CWS highlights

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #54: June 28, 2016, 12:07:19 AM »
No one mentioned promoted to Harrisburg today

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #55: June 28, 2016, 12:18:38 AM »

i posted a link to the recap of announcements to the 'follow the minor league teams' thread, lots of moves today.

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
« Reply #56: June 28, 2016, 07:12:29 AM »

Very disheartening. I was hoping to head up and watch him and Robles play together on the P Nats

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #57: June 28, 2016, 12:04:53 PM »

You must have me on ignore. 

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #58: June 28, 2016, 02:41:56 PM »
You must have me on ignore.

No didnt see that because it was on the other page.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #59: August 15, 2016, 12:43:23 PM »
Through 45 (180 ABs) games in AA:

.250/.273/.350 with 8 2B, 2 3B, 2 HR, 6 BB, 30 K, 7 SB

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #60: August 15, 2016, 02:01:26 PM »
Through 45 (180 ABs) games in AA:

.250/.273/.350 with 8 2B, 2 3B, 2 HR, 6 BB, 30 K, 7 SB

TINSTAACFP?

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #61: August 15, 2016, 02:11:30 PM »
TINSTAACFP?

:clap:

His first go round in AA. I'd be more worried if he repeats next year and has similar numbers.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #62: April 18, 2017, 04:16:59 PM »
Kid is raking in AA. Looked really good in Spring training how long before he gets the AAA nod?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #63: April 18, 2017, 10:13:06 PM »
Kid is raking in AA. Looked really good in Spring training how long before he gets the AAA nod?

If they both keep going, he and Robles each move up at the same time.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #64: April 19, 2017, 12:11:21 AM »
If they both keep going, he and Robles each move up at the same time.
he just went 5-5 tonight with 2 2bs, hitting .449

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #65: April 19, 2017, 01:53:10 AM »
I smell closer trade bait

Offline monkeyhit

« Reply #66: April 19, 2017, 10:45:44 AM »
Has 8 straight hits and five hits in the last two games. No-one has done that since Clemente. Could he be better than Robles? The two them should be up by the time Harper
leaves town and Werth has retired.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #67: April 19, 2017, 10:52:23 AM »
Has 8 straight hits and five hits in the last two games. No-one has done that since Clemente. Could he be better than Robles? The two them should be up by the time Harper
leaves town and Werth has retired.

Werth's contract expires after this season.  No chance of Robles being ready then.  Stevenson, maybe - but he'd need to keep raking and probably get 2 or 3 months of AAA as well.  Remember, Stevenson was in Potomac at this time last year.  That's a lot to ask for 2 years of development.  He's at least ready defensively for CF.  Robles, even on a very fast-rising timeline, is probably late 2018 at the earliest.  I assume these guys are both slated for midseason promotions this year. 

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #68: April 19, 2017, 10:55:01 AM »
Could he be better than Robles?

As a prospect, no. As an eventual player? Certainly, but that would be more because Robles disappoints than because Andrew Stevenson becomes a superstar. I think you're probably hoping for like a Leonys Martin outcome at Stevenson's ceiling, right? Like a 3-win player with neutral offense but a lot of value on the bases and in the field?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #69: April 19, 2017, 10:55:28 AM »
Werth's contract expires after this season.  No chance of Robles being ready then.  Stevenson, maybe - but he'd need to keep raking and probably get 2 or 3 months of AAA as well.  Remember, Stevenson was in Potomac at this time last year.  That's a lot to ask for 2 years of development.  He's at least ready defensively for CF.  Robles, even on a very fast-rising timeline, is probably late 2018 at the earliest.  I assume these guys are both slated for midseason promotions this year. 
He was a college guy, though. And at a top school, to boot. He's probably got more than two years of development under his belt.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #70: April 19, 2017, 10:59:08 AM »
As a prospect, no. As an eventual player? Certainly, but that would be more because Robles disappoints than because Andrew Stevenson becomes a superstar. I think you're probably hoping for like a Leonys Martin outcome at Stevenson's peak, right? Like a 3-win player with neutral offense but a lot of value on the bases and in the field?
I mean, these are fluid things. Just look at Giolito. The possibilities for their career outcomes are many and varied. If they both merely become solid players, that'd be pretty outstanding.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #71: April 19, 2017, 12:03:41 PM »
I mean, these are fluid things. Just look at Giolito. The possibilities for their career outcomes are many and varied.

Isn't that what I said?

My point was that Stevenson's range of outcomes is likely in the 1-3 WAR range while Robles' are in the 0-6 WAR range. So while it's definitely possible that Stevenson becomes a better player than Robles, I don't know if that's something we should root for.

If one of them "pans out" I'd rather have it be Robles.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #72: April 19, 2017, 12:09:46 PM »
I guess I'm saying that I don't think the idea that Stevenson can't catch Robles as a prospect is one that I subscribe to. Prospect ratings are kind like star ratings in college football recruiting, to me. Once they get into the system, they don't really matter that much.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #73: April 19, 2017, 12:21:14 PM »
I just like that his bat was his supposed weakness and all the kid does is hit.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #74: April 19, 2017, 12:25:01 PM »
I guess I'm saying that I don't think the idea that Stevenson can't catch Robles as a prospect is one that I subscribe to. Prospect ratings are kind like star ratings in college football recruiting, to me. Once they get into the system, they don't really matter that much.

12/1 profile pic bet: if Stevenson ever passes Robles in a rankings update or full year list for Fangraphs, Baseball America, or MLB.com, before either of them loses their prospect status, you can pick my profile pic for 12 months. Otherwise, I pick yours for 1 month.

There is a 0% chance that Stevenson is ever thought of as a better prospect by any reputable source.

If you want a recent example - Michael Taylor vs. Billy Burns. Burns has had a really good full season in the majors, which is more than Michael Taylor ever had. But Burns was not close to MAT in prospect status. MAT peaked in top 50 lists.

And Robles is far beyond MAT, even if Andrew Stevenson is a little above Billy Burns.