Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 250809 times)

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #575: April 28, 2017, 02:13:27 PM »
Does anyone know who o could contact to try to buy the lineup card for a game? My son named Max was born on a Scherzer gameday and I want to surprise my wife with it. Thanks!

There used to be a place along the third base line on the main concourse that sold game used/souvenir stuff.  They maintained a stock of original line up cards for sale and had a list of which ones were still available....but I haven't checked them out this year so not sure if they are back.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #576: April 28, 2017, 02:18:42 PM »
Does anyone know who o could contact to try to buy the lineup card for a game? My son named Max was born on a Scherzer gameday and I want to surprise my wife with it. Thanks!

I just saw Galah's post.    You might also try e-mailing Phil Wood at MASN or even his Saturday morning show on MASN.   He'd probably be able to help or tell you where to look if Galah's suggestion doesn't pan out.

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #577: May 01, 2017, 09:16:24 AM »
I'm coming into town for a wedding this week/weekend and am staying Fairfax Station. Plan on going to the game Wednesday night. What's my best bet on getting to the stadium? Metro?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #578: May 01, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »
I'm coming into town for a wedding this week/weekend and am staying Fairfax Station. Plan on going to the game Wednesday night. What's my best bet on getting to the stadium? Metro?

Drive.  Use Waze. Park across from potbelly sandwich works just east of the stadium.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #579: May 01, 2017, 09:56:16 AM »

For a weeknight game Metro might be okay. I wouldn't recommend it on weekends though due to all the trackwork they're doing. Just give yourself plenty of time. You can either go to Franconia-Springfield or Vienna but Vienna might be the better bet in terms of train frequencies.

Driving is of course an option too. Plan your route in advance and, again, give yourself plenty of time.

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #580: May 01, 2017, 10:43:02 AM »
Drive.  Use Waze. Park across from potbelly sandwich works just east of the stadium.

Is there a lot right across the street? Apologize if a dumb question - I've heard nightmares about driving to the game, but am more than willing to give it a shot.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #581: May 01, 2017, 11:01:56 AM »
Is there a lot right across the street? Apologize if a dumb question - I've heard nightmares about driving to the game, but am more than willing to give it a shot.

Check the Nats website.    There's a map of approved lots and the prices.

http://mlb.mlb.com/was/ballpark/parking.jsp

As others have posted, a weeknight driving requires extra time.

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #582: May 01, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »
Awesome, I appreciate it. I've only ever taken the Metro in my past trips, so this will be my first time driving. Didn't know how awful it would be attempting to drive.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #583: May 01, 2017, 11:07:57 AM »
Awesome, I appreciate it. I've only ever taken the Metro in my past trips, so this will be my first time driving. Didn't know how awful it would be attempting to drive.

Only time I've personally driven (ride with a neighbor a lot and subway usually), I parked in Lot W.     A lot of that has to be with being "thrifty" but I also found easy in/out from the lot.   It's a bit of a walk from the stadium (8 or so blocks) but I found it worth it.

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #584: May 01, 2017, 11:13:08 AM »
Only time I've personally driven (ride with a neighbor a lot and subway usually), I parked in Lot W.     A lot of that has to be with being "thrifty" but I also found easy in/out from the lot.   It's a bit of a walk from the stadium (8 or so blocks) but I found it worth it.

I plan on doing Lot W as well. I'll be leaving around 8am Wednesday from Kentucky and straight to the ballpark waze says 8 hrs and 5 minutes. So that'd put me in around 4ish. I feel like there is no way I get there by 4pm, though, with DC traffic.

Online imref

« Reply #585: May 01, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
I drive to all games as I'm coming with a family from western Prince William County and I don't want to deal with Metro.   We've found the lot across from Potbelly to be easy to access and leave, and generally it's not very full.  For a Wednesday night game, parking should be plentiful. 

Our typical route to the stadium is 495 to 295 to S. Capital Street.   

Have a look at this site:  http://www.jdland.com/dc/visiting-nats-park.cfm, lots of great info on getting to Nats park, plus a map of both official and unofficial lots (and prices).

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #586: May 01, 2017, 12:50:24 PM »
I plan on doing Lot W as well. I'll be leaving around 8am Wednesday from Kentucky and straight to the ballpark waze says 8 hrs and 5 minutes. So that'd put me in around 4ish. I feel like there is no way I get there by 4pm, though, with DC traffic.
If you look at the JD land map on the link imref sent, there is a lot just west of south Capitol off on M street. Half Street SW and M street. Between the 7-11 and the fire station. I always liked that one as when you leave you avoid all the traffic on south Capitol. After the game you just head west on M/Maine and connect with 95/495 that way.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #587: May 01, 2017, 02:23:32 PM »
The lot under the freeway on South Capitol Street is good too. It's a great value for $10 and it's easy-out after the game (turn left out of the lot to get to 395 S). It's a little bit of a walk to the stadium but not too bad.

Online imref

« Reply #588: May 01, 2017, 02:32:21 PM »
The lot under the freeway on South Capitol Street is good too. It's a great value for $10 and it's easy-out after the game (turn left out of the lot to get to 395 S). It's a little bit of a walk to the stadium but not too bad.

Only caveat is that you can't turn left into it if you are coming north on S. Capital Street from 295.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #589: May 01, 2017, 03:01:56 PM »

There are quite a few other parking options available via Parking Panda or Spothero.  These tend to be a bit less expensive than the official lots.  There is one right across So Capitol Street near the home plate entrance that is typically $20 though it's dirty and industrial in nature.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #590: May 01, 2017, 03:02:31 PM »
Only caveat is that you can't turn left into it if you are coming north on S. Capital Street from 295.

I seem to recall that you can make a left turn into the lot but there is no protected left turn signal and it may be dicey. What I do is come in from Arlington over the 14th Street Bridge and stay left on 14th Street instead of staying on 395. Right on Independence, right on Washington Avenue (by the Botanical Gardens), right on South Cap and then a right into the lot. This route has worked very well for me - it avoids a majority of the stadium traffic.

Online imref

« Reply #591: May 01, 2017, 03:37:09 PM »
I seem to recall that you can make a left turn into the lot but there is no protected left turn signal and it may be dicey. What I do is come in from Arlington over the 14th Street Bridge and stay left on 14th Street instead of staying on 395. Right on Independence, right on Washington Avenue (by the Botanical Gardens), right on South Cap and then a right into the lot. This route has worked very well for me - it avoids a majority of the stadium traffic.

the last few times i've come over the bridge there have been police officers preventing left turns into those lots.   I used to take the 14th street bridge to Maine Ave. but I've found the 14th St. bridge is usually gridlock whereas the 295 route flows much faster, even during rush hour.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #592: May 01, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »
the last few times i've come over the bridge there have been police officers preventing left turns into those lots.   I used to take the 14th street bridge to Maine Ave. but I've found the 14th St. bridge is usually gridlock whereas the 295 route flows much faster, even during rush hour.

Gotcha - they don't let you turn make left turns off of South Cap in the vicinity of the stadium (such as into the lots by the cement plant and the new soccer stadium), but the lot I'm referring to is much further north (the one under the SE/SW Freeway, just past where the McDonald's - RIP - used to be) and it's not an issue there.

And I also used to go the Maine Ave. route but that's hit-or-miss. I get on the 395 express lane bridge in Arlington right by the Pentagon and that usually flows better than the mainline (and it's not HOV coming into the city during the evening rush). The express lanes run in each direction (not one direction and reversible like most of their length) from the Pentagon over the river.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #593: May 01, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »
the last few times i've come over the bridge there have been police officers preventing left turns into those lots.   

Strictly prohibited.   You can turn right instead and flip a U but they've made that tricky / illegal as well.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #594: May 07, 2017, 10:41:39 PM »
Will the Nats show up this week or continue to treat inter-league like a vacation?

http://www.talknats.com/2017/05/07/time-nats-win-masn-cup/

Offline hmckinley99

« Reply #595: May 08, 2017, 09:13:57 PM »
Does anyone here happen to collect game used balls from the Nats games? I'm looking for 3 specific ones.

May 27, 2013
July 11 and 12 2015.

The first date is from when I proposed to my wife and the other 2 are from my daughter's first games. Thanks.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #596: May 15, 2017, 08:49:22 AM »
I tried both Spothero and Parking panda yesterday (these companies are in the process of merging) and neither offered me an option for parking for game 2 close to the park, so I paid cash ($25) at the concrete lot.   :?

My cousin informs me that Parking whiz  (sp?) seems to have swept up many of the close by lots and he paid $15 for the same lot I paid $25 for.    :hammer: :rant:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #597: May 19, 2017, 09:28:48 AM »

Offline mitlen

« Reply #598: May 19, 2017, 09:42:52 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eriste I was sittin' here lookin' at the picture trying to figure out what the hell it was.    I first saw some sort of outfit (clothing) with long sleeves on top of a glass platform.      The :w: got me reassessing.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #599: May 19, 2017, 10:08:07 AM »
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste I was sittin' here lookin' at the picture trying to figure out what the hell it was.    I first saw some sort of outfit with long sleeves on top of a glass platform.      The :w: got me reassessing.

I still don't get it.