Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244051 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #450: November 20, 2016, 11:49:49 AM »
Verizon is losing their cell tower closest to the ballpark and looking for space for short term and permanent replacements. Why not put up the tower on top of the Bud Light Loft? They could wrap it with a sign for whoever they get as the new naming sponsor for the ballpark and use it to hang the World Series banners.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2016/11/10/verizon-faces-significant-loss-of-cell-coverage-in.html

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #451: November 20, 2016, 06:39:42 PM »
Plus, they wouldn't need microwave ovens in the Red Porch.

Verizon is losing their cell tower closest to the ballpark and looking for space for short term and permanent replacements. Why not put up the tower on top of the Bud Light Loft? They could wrap it with a sign for whoever they get as the new naming sponsor for the ballpark and use it to hang the World Series banners.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2016/11/10/verizon-faces-significant-loss-of-cell-coverage-in.html

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #452: November 28, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
http://www.boston.com/news/music/2016/11/28/james-taylor-announces-summer-2017-tour-of-4-baseball-parks-ending-at-fenway

BOSTON (AP) — Singer-songwriter James Taylor has announced a summer tour of four baseball parks, culminating in a date at Fenway Park, home of his beloved Boston Red Sox.

Taylor and his All-Star Band will open the tour July 14 at Nationals Park in Washington. It continues July 17 at Wrigley Field in Chicago; July 29 at AT&T Park in San Francisco; and Aug. 11 at Fenway.

Bonnie Raitt is scheduled to play at each show.
In 1980, I ushered at a James Taylor concert when he was doing a fundraiser at Boston University's Walter Brown Arena for a political candidate I supported.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #453: November 30, 2016, 06:01:17 AM »
Comments on Nats Park traffic and the general ballpark area:

http://www.talknats.com/2016/11/30/nats-park-game-day-experience/

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #454: November 30, 2016, 11:07:59 AM »

Thanks for the post.    I'd like to admit upfront that I thoroughly enjoy my treks from E. Loudoun to the stadium and the ball games.    However, the author certainly hits many of the "issues" I have when attending a game (Thankfully, I don't wait in line for food so I save time there.).        It's literally a day trip.    It's almost an 8 hour day.    :)     

Online machpost

« Reply #455: November 30, 2016, 11:44:35 AM »

We've been driving to nearly every game since the beginning, and traffic was dramatically worse in 2016 than it's ever been. Getting from the parking lot to South Cap or 395 took about an hour after two of the NLDS games.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #456: November 30, 2016, 12:02:31 PM »
We've been driving to nearly every game since the beginning, and traffic was dramatically worse in 2016 than it's ever been. Getting from the parking lot to South Cap or 395 took about an hour after two of the NLDS games.

Coming from VA, Waze used to take us across the 14th street bridge and to Maine Avenue.  Now it takes us over the Wilson Bridge to 295 and over the South Capital Street bridge toward the Home Plate gate.  We've hit hardly any traffic coming from that direction, even for the rained out playoff game and the Sunday makeup.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #457: November 30, 2016, 01:46:00 PM »
Coming from VA, Waze used to take us across the 14th street bridge and to Maine Avenue.  Now it takes us over the Wilson Bridge to 295 and over the South Capital Street bridge toward the Home Plate gate.  We've hit hardly any traffic coming from that direction, even for the rained out playoff game and the Sunday makeup.
will they change the name of the Wilson Bridge to Pedro's Passage if Severino makes the team?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #458: November 30, 2016, 06:15:56 PM »

The NLDS games were packed and no one left early so I can understand traffic at those games. It was the games with 15K fans and terrible traffic that drove me nuts this year.

If the Nats had made the NLCS I came to the conclusion that there was no way I would be able to attend all three home games. Getting home at 2 in the morning three weeknights in a row would have been too much.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #459: November 30, 2016, 06:16:48 PM »
Thanks for the post.    I'd like to admit upfront that I thoroughly enjoy my treks from E. Loudoun to the stadium and the ball games.    However, the author certainly hits many of the "issues" I have when attending a game (Thankfully, I don't wait in line for food so I save time there.).        It's literally a day trip.    It's almost an 8 hour day.    :)     

Yep, that author really summed things up nicely.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #460: December 01, 2016, 09:01:36 AM »
Not a thing troll-y about it. I almost didn't recognize him.

Yep, that author really summed things up nicely.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #461: December 01, 2016, 10:28:30 AM »
Not a thing troll-y about it. I almost didn't recognize him.

Check again, the author was called a dick in the comments over the inclusion of the pics drunk shaming people passed out during the NLDS.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #462: December 01, 2016, 10:56:41 AM »
Well, I mean, he *is* a dick. We all know that. :poke:

Check again, the author was called a dick in the comments over the inclusion of the pics drunk shaming people passed out during the NLDS.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #463: December 01, 2016, 02:49:39 PM »

I've been called worse for less.      You can handle it.     :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #464: December 01, 2016, 03:25:55 PM »
Hell, he angles for it. Precision trolling.

I've been called worse for less.      You can handle it.     :)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #466: December 21, 2016, 12:38:48 PM »

Offline mitlen

« Reply #467: December 24, 2016, 04:38:10 PM »
The neighborhood said they didn't want the signs but Jack Evans is in bed with the company that sells them, so the signs go up. Drink more Bud. 

Every time I think about this, I think about Kramer (Seinfeld episode) and the neon chicken sign outside his apartment.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #468: January 16, 2017, 07:10:09 PM »
Bardo will be opening along the river by Nats Park in March, as of last month they have been granted their licence, although the details are under dispute. To say that their application for a permit became contentious is an understatement:

Let the record show, Bardawg says ” freak the ABRA board” . Bardawg will take away the board members houses, Just like ANC chairman Kathy Henderson lost her house. Our lawyer, Matt LeFande, is the man that took away Kathy Henderson’s House. He is going to stage two of this lawsuit… “going for damages and lawyers fees”

Bardawg will be owning and pooping on Donovan Anderson’s lawn soon enough.

https://barredindc.com/2016/12/01/bardo-river-brewery-gets-approval-can-stay-open-til-midnight/

Offline mitlen

« Reply #469: January 16, 2017, 07:15:02 PM »
Anderson and Henderson won't be invited in for a beer.    Amazing how the whole area is "filling in".

Offline mitlen

« Reply #470: January 24, 2017, 12:17:11 PM »
Nats had a job fair goin' on but the shooting was reportedly not related to that event:

http://wtop.com/dc/2017/01/shooting-victim-found-outside-nats-park/

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #471: January 24, 2017, 12:30:13 PM »

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #472: January 24, 2017, 03:07:41 PM »
job fair?  Gee, I hope this guy wasn't the closer they were bringing in.

That was legit funny...  :hysterical:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #473: January 25, 2017, 08:53:37 AM »
job fair?  Gee, I hope this guy wasn't the closer they were bringing in.

Failed the physical though so the search goes on.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #474: January 25, 2017, 09:23:03 AM »
Failed the physical though so the search goes on.

the medical staff still stinks.