Author Topic: The Garage  (Read 68543 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: The Garage
« Reply #900: March 26, 2019, 10:16:38 AM »
I’ve heard Ram and Jeep are somehow immune from Chrysler

I wouldn't be surprised if they built a very good light truck, but you'd have to move the Cherokee, Compass, etc. out of the Jeep fold to be able to make that claim. Because they're based on Fiat vehicles. :)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #901: April 22, 2019, 02:31:31 PM »
The King went for a run this afternoon...first since last August...18-1/2 years old...

I reckon I am what they mean by a 1%'er...I only ride one percent of the time...  :D

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #902: April 22, 2019, 03:38:46 PM »
:clap:
The King went for a run this afternoon...first since last August...18-1/2 years old...

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

I reckon I am what they mean by a 1%'er...I only ride one percent of the time...  :D

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #903: April 22, 2019, 04:52:05 PM »

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #904: April 22, 2019, 05:10:45 PM »

Does it ride as purty as it looks?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #905: April 22, 2019, 05:45:32 PM »
Does it ride as purty as it looks?

It does OK.  A stock Harley touring model of this vintage has 62 horsepower.  This one has 98 wheel horsepower and 96 pound feet of torque.  Plenty enough for this old man... 😉

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #906: May 07, 2019, 12:50:50 PM »
2003 basic Ford ranger; 4 cylinder; standard cab, short bed, etc.    BIL has this problem.  It always starts first time in the morning.    Drive somewhere, near or far  ...  doesn't matter.     When you go to start it after you run an errand it starts real rough, seeming to use the fuel already in the line, then stalls.       It will crank but won't start.      Several hours later it starts fine.    Doesn't stall on the highway.     This problem does not occur every time out.    It's random.      That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I've looked on line and stalling seems to be a "common" problem for Rangers.    I've seen suggestions from changing the intake air valve to givin' the steering column a twist before trying to start.    I guess that may affect some of the sensor settings.   :shrug:     Some folks have changed plugs and wires, etc. and often, nothing changes.    We don't wanna spend a fortune but this problem is a PITA.           Any suggestions?

Thanks

Got the truck to VA no problem.    Took it over today for emissions and inspection (passed both).    On the way home, I had my first moment.    Started right up at the shop.    Pulled out onto the street  ...  couple of hundred feet  ...  and it started to hesitate (like not engaging the clutch fully on a stick shift).     Just wouldn't get up and go.    Turned on flashers and turned off the truck.    Tried one of the tricks I read about ... turn the steering wheel back and forth with the engine off in park.     I did it and the truck started right up with no problem all the way home.     I figured if somebody stuck a hose up my tail pipe, I wouldn't wanna run either.    Let the games begin.      :)

BTW she's in fine shape with 81,800 miles.    She does have her ways about her though.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #907: May 07, 2019, 12:53:05 PM »
Bad ignition switch?   Is it mounted on the steering column?  :shrug:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #908: May 07, 2019, 12:54:07 PM »
Bad ignition switch?   Is it mounted on the steering column?  :shrug:

I'll add it to my list.     So, I go back in the house and the garage door won't go up or down.    The opener's about 27 years old.    Maybe I need a new one.    ;)

The ignition is on the column  ...   yes.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #909: May 07, 2019, 12:56:18 PM »
Those headlights are amazing!!

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #910: May 07, 2019, 01:24:37 PM »
Those headlights are amazing!!

I upgraded the main light within the nacelle a few years ago with more modern technology...a lot brighter than it was almost 20 years ago.  I keep the passing lights on all the time now...they seem to make it easier to see me comin'...  ;)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #911: May 07, 2019, 01:26:42 PM »
I'll add it to my list.     So, I go back in the house and the garage door won't go up or down.    The opener's about 27 years old.    Maybe I need a new one.    ;)

The ignition is on the column  ...   yes.

Common issue with early 2000's vehicles...GM mostly, but you know they use the same vendors for much of the vehicle.  I had a 2006 Chevy that would shut itself off when you hit a big pothole...there was eventually a recall for it...after enough people got killified...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #912: May 07, 2019, 08:36:57 PM »
OT  Titling question VA DMV:     

If I have a joint title application and the missus signs it, does she have to be present when I go to get the title?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #913: May 07, 2019, 08:37:24 PM »

If I have a joint title application and the missus signs it, does she have to be present when I go to get the title?

No...

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #914: May 07, 2019, 08:42:38 PM »
It does OK.  A stock Harley touring model of this vintage has 62 horsepower.  This one has 98 wheel horsepower and 96 pound feet of torque.  Plenty enough for this old man... 😉

Damnit that thing is nagin'.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #915: May 07, 2019, 08:46:46 PM »
No...

:phew:   Thanks

There's a story about why I ask.    My sister was on the truck title and she had to be present to sign it.    It was her bowling day.    So, we had to go back the next day to do it again.    I told the notary that I wish it were that/this difficult to get drafted.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #916: May 07, 2019, 08:47:28 PM »

There's a story about why I ask.    My sister was on the truck title and she had to be present to sign it.    It was her bowling day.    So, we had to go back the next day to do it again.    I told the notary that I wish it were that/this difficult to get drafted.
'

If it's that S10, and you want a truck box, it's yours. It's taking up space in the shed.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #917: May 07, 2019, 08:53:13 PM »

They don't even need you to have her present when you sell it as long as she signed it...and no notaries necessary...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #918: May 07, 2019, 09:14:21 PM »
They don't even need you to have her present when you sell it as long as she signed it...and no notaries necessary...

Wow, VA's behind the times.     :)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #919: May 07, 2019, 09:15:08 PM »
'

If it's that S10, and you want a truck box, it's yours. It's taking up space in the shed.

Thanks.    I think I'm gonna buy a bed cover for supplies.

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #920: May 07, 2019, 09:19:05 PM »
A few weeks ago it took me three separate trips to the DMV to get a car re-titled.   :asplode:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #921: May 07, 2019, 09:22:53 PM »
A few weeks ago it took me three separate trips to the DMV to get a car re-titled.   :asplode:

Wassup wit dat?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #922: May 07, 2019, 09:33:40 PM »
Wassup wit dat?

This is my concern.   They never miss an opportunity to f*** with you.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #923: May 08, 2019, 04:22:46 AM »

You have to get an emissions test done before you go to the DMV.  That and about $500 and a comfortable pair of shoes for all the standing you'll do.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #924: May 08, 2019, 01:07:42 PM »
Got the truck legal in VA today.    Time to clean her up.     Bought a cheap electric car waxer/buffer yesterday.    What's your favorite easy one step cleaner and wax?