Author Topic: Advice on a hotel in DC?  (Read 1030 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Advice on a hotel in DC?
« Topic Start: April 12, 2007, 06:54:07 PM »
I'm trying to plan a trip for me, my girlfriend, and my friend to DC to see the Nats this summer.  Does anyone know how much a hotel near RFK would cost?  I only ask so I know how much it will cost in advance.

Nothing fancy, just a good hotel (as cheap as possible  ;)) that isn't a trashy motel.

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Advice on a hotel in DC?
« Reply #1: April 12, 2007, 07:08:13 PM »

nospinzone1

« Reply #3: April 12, 2007, 07:21:54 PM »
JUST KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AND WATCH YOUR BACK. DC IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST CRME CITIES IN THE YUMA.

Offline bob2274

« Reply #4: April 12, 2007, 11:15:55 PM »
I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn Hotel near Verizon Center in Chinatown. The rates are reasonable, it's close to a lot of stuff, and you can take the Metro to RFK via the "Gallery Pl-Chinatown" station. Take the yellow or green line south to the blue or orange line at L'Enfant Plaza. Go east on the blue or orange line to "Stadium-Armory" and follow the crowd.
Red Roof does charge for parking, but it's under the hotel and reasonable, added on to your bill.

I'LL PRESS THE CAPS LOCK AND SAY THAT DC IS NOT THAT BAD. THERE ARE A LOT OF HOMELESS PEOPLE DOWNTOWN, MAYBE EVEN MORE THAN OTHER BIG CITIES. DON'T LET THAT SCARE YOU, ESPECIALLY AT THE STADIUM-ARMORY STATION. JUST FOLLOW THE CROWD AND YOU'RE FINE. OTHER THAN THAT, THE DC METRO SYSTEM IS ONE OF THE CLEANEST AND SAFEST IN THE COUNTRY.

Just act the same as you would in any big US city, you'll be fine. PM me if you need any more info about the area.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #5: April 13, 2007, 12:00:41 AM »
you could stay in va, in crystal city. tons of hotles, you got the metro that much better to use to get to the games, some really cool sports bars to eat at and then go to the games...

email i live in the area...there are tons around...

erica

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #6: April 13, 2007, 12:04:23 AM »
how long are you planing on staying? cause where i live, it nice they have coperate housing too.. you could rent an apt for the weekend and most likely you can hitch a rid with us, cause we would be going to the games too...

i think its like 150 for the night. but you get a whole furnish apt... and your close to everything...

just let me know or private email here....

i might be able to help you out...

I'm trying to plan a trip for me, my girlfriend, and my friend to DC to see the Nats this summer.  Does anyone know how much a hotel near RFK would cost?  I only ask so I know how much it will cost in advance.

Nothing fancy, just a good hotel (as cheap as possible  ;)) that isn't a trashy motel.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #7: April 15, 2007, 10:59:35 AM »
if you dont want to stay in an urban setting, but still be in the city and be 3 blocks from an urban setting, look for the ones on capitol hill, I think there is a holiday in on New Jersey ave.  Just if you decide on a "capitol hill" hotel, run the address by this thread and I'll tell you whether or not it is OK. Some places say "capitol hill", but they are stretching it. 

I know hotels have run around 150 a night, but that wasnt during the summer.  I dont know if that affects anything