Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2  (Read 24560 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2
« Reply #825: June 21, 2014, 12:11:08 AM »
ATTENDANCE at this match: 36,608 (88.2% full)  

This game is being repeated on MASN at 11:30 pm tonight (right now.)
      FIRE MATT WILLIAMS!

Offline NatsAllThe Way

« Reply #826: June 21, 2014, 12:11:58 AM »
You know what?  The Braves don't own us.  We suck bad against them for some ridiculous head-case reason.  The Braves kind of suck.  If they win the division it's because all the other teams suck worse.  They have to win the division to make the playoffs because the wild card teams will be way better.  Also, if they make the playoffs it's because the Nats played like little schoolgirls all season long, and make no mistake, if the Braves make the post season they are going to get violently dismantled  by whoever happens to play them.

Oh, and it's still early.

Offline madj55

« Reply #827: June 21, 2014, 12:56:18 AM »
freak this darn team. Can't believe some of the horsecrap I saw tonight. freak all the fans that left early, embarrassing when we're in the 13th and the Braves fans are louder than the home crowd. freak Jayson Werth and his golden sombrero from the #3 hole tonight, sure doesn't look like you take pride in hitting in that spot. freak Strasburg for getting his ass handed to him by Mike freaking Minor. freak you Greg Dobbs, I don't know how the hell you're on a major league roster. freak Mike Rizzo. freak you Matt Williams for being a crappy freaking manager. And freak your throwing arm Ryan Zimmerman, only thing it's good for is tossing balls to fans at such a speed that it's impossible for them to drop it.

Shoutout to Screech for tossing me a t-shirt though, that was nice.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #828: June 21, 2014, 01:05:17 AM »
freak this darn team. Can't believe some of the horsecrap I saw tonight. freak all the fans that left early, embarrassing when we're in the 13th and the Braves fans are louder than the home crowd. freak Jayson Werth and his golden sombrero from the #3 hole tonight, sure doesn't look like you take pride in hitting in that spot. freak Strasburg for getting his ass handed to him by Mike freaking Minor. freak you Greg Dobbs, I don't know how the hell you're on a major league roster. freak Mike Rizzo. freak you Matt Williams for being a crappy freaking manager. And freak your throwing arm Ryan Zimmerman, only thing it's good for is tossing balls to fans at such a speed that it's impossible for them to drop it.

This cracked me up :crackup: I didn't even get to watch the game on tv and I'm pissed, can't imagine seeing it live, your vitriol is well-founded.  Glad you got a tshirt at least ;)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #829: June 21, 2014, 01:07:56 AM »
Since it's "Bring your dog to work" day, I have just the dog for Me-maw.

(Image removed from quote.)

:spit:

although I'm pretty sure that cancelled out all my good vibes, so you're the reason the Nats lost :evil:

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #830: June 21, 2014, 01:39:00 AM »
:spit:

although I'm pretty sure that cancelled out all my good vibes, so you're the reason the Nats lost :evil:

Psh, no way. I'm blaming you. You must play for the Nats, come gametime you're nowhere to be found. :poke:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #831: June 21, 2014, 05:39:29 AM »
Go ahead and hurl.  Nobody cares

The repeated extra inning losses on our home field just make me want to hurl.

Offline vicki4471

« Reply #832: June 21, 2014, 08:15:33 AM »
what did Strasburg say that was pissy? Did he blame Lobaton?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #833: June 21, 2014, 09:04:38 AM »
Kimbrel looks flustered.

Yes, he was. The highlight of the evening...to see the Barfs fans swagger just sort of go poof.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #834: June 21, 2014, 09:14:50 AM »
Yes, he was. The highlight of the evening...to see the Barfs fans swagger just sort of go poof.

Barfs fans should have swagger, right now they own Nats Park...we should just rename it "The new home field of the Atlanta Braves"   Just like with the Philth, this team rolls over to any half decent NL east team at home and the opposing fans take over the place

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #835: June 21, 2014, 09:26:10 AM »

Until they got it back in the 13th inning when the Barves won (again)...... :roll:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #836: June 21, 2014, 09:57:08 AM »
Frickin' computer wiped out a longer set of comments I was going to post.  I'll do it in bullets now:

1) Strasburg was frustrating but not bad through 5.  Other than the first inning homer, there had not been much hard contact to then, but I think that the first 3 balls hit fair fell for hits (or carried out of the park), and that, up to that point, I think he had given up 5 hits, mostly groundballs, on 9 or 10 fair, fieldable hits. No walks was good, too.  That said, the 2 strike hits jacked up his pitch count.  I wonder about not using the change more.  When he came to bat in the bottom of the 5th with high 90s pitch count, I might have pinch hit and turned the game over to Stammen. 

2) the most frustrating thing about Stras last night was the early hits, it was the 6th.  Second straight time Williams leaves him in and then he surrenders key runs next inning.  If he is tiring, then it is on Williams and McCatty, but he should be able to handle the burden.  Call it not pitching like an ace, or even Jack Morris.

3) Had to question not bringing in Frandsen to hit 9th and placing Clippard 7th when Espinosa made the last out in the 11th.  Frandsen was going to bat in the 12th anyway, but I would have at least left myself the option to bring back Clippard for more than one inning.

4) Given the decision in the 11th that we were not going to push a 1 inning pitcher beyond 1 inning, it is then a bit surprising that Barrett did not pitch the 13th.  If you were going to defer a guy hard for more than an inning, why not roll the dice on Barrrett in the 13th and hope that you rally at the bottom of the inning?

i realize there are counters to all of the management decisions I'm wondering about (ended up needing the PH in extras so burning one in the 5th may not have been right - hindsight there; Clipp had pitched a few times this week so maybe he could not go more than an inning, Blevins had had an OK 12th so maybe you squeeze an extra inning out of him, get through the 13th with the bottom of the order, then bring on Barrett), but this is one where the were lots of real time decisions I would have gone the other way.  That, and the importance of the game in terms of standings and psyche, made this one of the more frustrating games.

Offline Optics

« Reply #837: June 21, 2014, 10:46:55 AM »
Was there. Heartbreaking to lose after coming back against Kimbrel. So much so that I think I'm going to just take a break from this team for a few days. It's just not fun watching them gag it up time and time again against the same damn team.

Offline 26winfield26

« Reply #838: June 21, 2014, 11:05:42 AM »
Well the good thing is....Espinosa got a couple of hits, which means he will be in the lineup for the next couple of months..LOL! Williams is a COMPLETE JOKE!! We can see this from our TV's, but Management can't see it from where they are??? IDIOTS!!!!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #839: June 21, 2014, 12:03:02 PM »
He could shake him off, right?

But then you have no one to point the finger at when you fail.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #840: June 21, 2014, 01:09:19 PM »
Well half way good chance Kimbrell should be done for the series

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #841: June 21, 2014, 01:52:26 PM »
Frickin' computer wiped out a longer set of comments I was going to post.  I'll do it in bullets now:

1) Strasburg was frustrating but not bad through 5.  Other than the first inning homer, there had not been much hard contact to then, but I think that the first 3 balls hit fair fell for hits (or carried out of the park), and that, up to that point, I think he had given up 5 hits, mostly groundballs, on 9 or 10 fair, fieldable hits. No walks was good, too.  That said, the 2 strike hits jacked up his pitch count.  I wonder about not using the change more.  When he came to bat in the bottom of the 5th with high 90s pitch count, I might have pinch hit and turned the game over to Stammen. 

2) the most frustrating thing about Stras last night was the early hits, it was the 6th.  Second straight time Williams leaves him in and then he surrenders key runs next inning.  If he is tiring, then it is on Williams and McCatty, but he should be able to handle the burden.  Call it not pitching like an ace, or even Jack Morris.
Double checking the play log, it as the 4th where I was thinking about the PH and the 5th when he was rocked.  He was around 90 pitches, I think.  I started thinking about a PH when Espinosa stole second and Lobaton was up.  They pitched to Lobaton rather than get to the pitchers spot.  Maybe Fredi outsmarted me in doing so, because I would have pinch hit at that point for Stras.    I became frustrated when he blew up the next inning.

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #842: June 21, 2014, 06:15:39 PM »

Rendon's HR was awesome - I was sure we'd win after that. I was pretty upset that they let Dobbs PH before Frandsen.  I agree that too many fans left early: it's not like they had to get up to go to work the next day.  Nothing worse than a drunk, mouthy Braves fan trying to lead all the other Braves fans in the Tomahawk Chop.  Couldn't we get the Justice Dept. or the PTO to ban that in Nats Park?

I noticed that they were giving away T-shirts up in the 400 section during the T-shirt toss - first time I ever saw that.  That was probably the best thing for me next to Rendon's HR.