Author Topic: MY LIFE AS A SENATORS/NATS/BASEBALL FAN SINCE CHILDHOOD IN CUBA  (Read 1230 times)

nospinzone1

I wrote a short piece on that subject at the end of last year's season. I posted it in a couple of forums, (dont remember if I did it here). I offered a couple of days ago to the big enchilada at the Post and he replied they were not interested. Since I worked for the Post for 33 years I would feel bad to offer it to the Times and have them publish it.
What do you think?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
I wrote a short piece on that subject at the end of last year's season. I posted it in a couple of forums, (dont remember if I did it here). I offered a couple of days ago to the big enchilada at the Post and he replied they were not interested. Since I worked for the Post for 33 years I would feel bad to offer it to the Times and have them publish it.
What do you think?

First, see if the Times will take the story.  Then decide.

Offline kimnat

Or call The Examiner!  I would take it to my paper, but our stuff is only in Fairfax County.  They don't go beyond those boundaries much.  If there is a Connection Paper in your area, I guarantee they'll be interested.  Good luck!

Kimsy

Offline nats2playoffs

The various local Gazette papers are owned by the Washington Post.  Maybe if you told them of your 33 years it might help.  They publish a lot of human interest stories.

On the other hand, if you call your former colleagues shis-heads in the piece... they might pass...  :D
DEATH TO CASTRO!

nospinzone1

The various local Gazette papers are owned by the Washington Post.  Maybe if you told them of your 33 years it might help.  They publish a lot of human interest stories.

On the other hand, if you call your former colleagues shis-heads in the piece... they might pass...  :D
DEATH TO CASTRO!

(Image removed from quote.)

I GET THE FEELING EMILIO DONT LIKE ME BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN A LITTLE BIT CRITICAL ON SOME FAILURES OF THE SECTION WITH COPY TO THE OMBUDSMAN....ALTHOUGH I FEEL THAT SINCE HE TOOK OVER THE SECTION IS A HECK OF A LOT MUCH IMPROVED.

nospinzone1

NEVER SEEN THE EXAMINER....DOES IT PUBLISH ALL OVER THE BELTWAY?

DO YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PIECE?

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
I love your stories, and if those fools from the Post won't publish them, then they are really and truly stupid.    But the Washington post is clearly trying to reinvent itself as a newspaper for stupid yuppies (witness the "Source" section), so this should not come as a great surprise. 

NEVER SEEN THE EXAMINER....DOES IT PUBLISH ALL OVER THE BELTWAY?

DO YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PIECE?

nospinzone1

I love your stories, and if those fools from the Post won't publish them, then they are really and truly stupid.    But the Washington post is clearly trying to reinvent itself as a newspaper for stupid yuppies (witness the "Source" section), so this should not come as a great surprise. 

SO WHAT IS "THE EXAMINER" ; NEVER SEEN IT. WHERE DOES IT CIRCULATE?

Offline nats2playoffs

THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER is published by the San Francisco Examiner.  My impression is that it IS designed for stupid yuppies.  It is a small tabloid-sized paper that I think may be delivered free to wealthier neighborhoods.  You can probably buy it at newsstands.  I think it's a daily, (although it may only be weekdays.)  It has local content by local writers that supplement the national news, which is probably in each Examiner paper around the country.

Offline kimnat

We live in a basic neighborhood in Fairfax City and get the Examiner daily on our driveway.  Bill Sammon jumped from the Washington Times and writes for them now.  Plus, our own Zimmerman will be providing copy for it.  I believe it circulates all of DC and the burbs.  Hey Cubiche, what locale do you live in,; DC, PG, Fairfax, ...  If it's Fairfax County somewhere,  I can get you in my paper.

kimmy

nospinzone1

We live in a basic neighborhood in Fairfax City and get the Examiner daily on our driveway.  Bill Sammon jumped from the Washington Times and writes for them now.  Plus, our own Zimmerman will be providing copy for it.  I believe it circulates all of DC and the burbs.  Hey Cubiche, what locale do you live in,; DC, PG, Fairfax, ...  If it's Fairfax County somewhere,  I can get you in my paper.

kimmy

ALL AMERICAN CITY (SEVERAL TIMES, HE SAID BRAGGING). NEVER SEEN IT AROUND HERE.