Author Topic: Nationals Collectibles  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Re: Nationals Collectibles
« Reply #25: March 05, 2013, 04:33:46 PM »
How much for the Milledge bat?

One of the few bits of Nats Collectables I'd be willing to part with but I keep it as a reminder to pay closer attention to the quality of players.

My favorite is my Strasburg autograph....before the WB MASON sign in CF, they had a sign which said "Get your Red on Natstown" I was at an even and had the opportunity to get Stephen's autograph...I had this picture in my back pack, asked him to autograph it....it now reads "Get your Red on Stephen Strasburg" ...he signed over the Natstown part....very cool.

Also have Dunn's autographs over a pictures of him hitting and crossing home plate after his 300 HR, Michael Morse "The Beast " autograph on a picture of him breaking his bat, a Matt Capps autograph on a baseball cap and a Drew Storen autograph on the flap 'closer' on my back pack.

All those were collected back when STH events didn't require autograph vouchers...I don't think we'll be seeing access like that anymore.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #26: March 05, 2013, 04:39:39 PM »
- Dunn autograph on a baseball

- Strasburg first pitch photo with a capsule of dirt from the game

Offline GoodOmens

« Reply #27: March 05, 2013, 07:22:05 PM »
I have four red terrible towels from some of the play off games I went to.

Would be happy to trade two of them for a game used ball or bat.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #28: March 05, 2013, 07:25:24 PM »
I have four red terrible towels from some of the play off games I went to.

I was looking at my red NATITUDE towel.   Is that the one you're talking about?   If so, I was wondering where (which game) I got it.   

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #29: March 05, 2013, 09:58:48 PM »
I have a Washington Capitals Baseball Jersey with LTSGOCAPPS 55 on it.  CAPPS signed on the number.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3996801&cp=3176754&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #30: March 05, 2013, 10:01:35 PM »
we've got two signed Zimmerman baseball cards, a signed Jayson Werth card, and a signed Jordan Zimmermann cards, all from seeing them during rehab assignments at Potomac.  I'm still pissed I missed Morse when he was there.

Offline brooks55

« Reply #31: March 07, 2013, 05:27:55 PM »
I got one of these bad boys http://www.carrollscove.com/natsasrhfsah.html signed by harper!!

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #32: March 07, 2013, 11:25:19 PM »
There was an older post on here around playoff time and I added a bunch of photos of my Nationals memorabilia that I've had framed since their first exhibition game against the Mets on March 2nd, 2005. I still need to get my program and game ticket from Bryce Harper's first professional game against the Dodgers signed and then my stash will be up to date (booked a last second flight from TX to Cali to see him play when he got called up last season).

The framing of my Nats memorabilia has easily cost me close to $10,000. I have a game ticket from their first exhibition game in 2005, first away game vs the Phils, and obviously their first home game against the Diamondbacks all together with the Opening Day program and Opening Day coin (ironically enough, I lived 10 minutes from the ball park where the D-Backs play, yet I came to DC to see the Nats for their first home game ever). My dad worked for the Washington Post at the time (blue collar - not a writer), so he got me some press plates from the Post (the front page of the sports page with the headline 'A Triumphant Return' and as well as the collectible poster press plate that says 'Baseball Returns'). Heck, I might be the only person with both the color poster framed that the Washington Post sent out as well as the press plate that the color poster was printed from.

I have the program from the last game played at RFK and the program from the first game played at Nats Stadium with the commemorative bat and rally towels from that day framed. I have a separate frame with the Opening Day ticket from the first game at Nats Park with the laynard they gave us (I won some last second lottery allowing me a chance to buy two seats together in the Presidential section for the game - my dad and I had a blast).

Think that covers everything... These items will be in my family forever I hope (my future wife doesn't seem to object to them as they are professionally done).

Offline Rick

« Reply #33: March 08, 2013, 06:53:56 PM »
closest thing I have is an autographed Werth baseball card...but he is a catcher for the O's in it

Offline wvuwhat

« Reply #34: March 08, 2013, 11:06:29 PM »
I grew up at the wrong time and was connected to the wrong sport.  I have a Darrell Green personalized autographed jersey as well as a Joe Theismann throwback jersey signed (used to be a big customer where I worked in high school).  Even got Theismann's tickets right under Snyder's booth for Christmas 6 or 7 years ago.

I worked for WVU Football for a year when I was in school.  Roommate of 3 years there, who got me the job used to dole out a lot of good stuff.  I think I still have a lot of good things in storage.  Not even sure what I have anymore.  I do know my ex's brother has Steve Slaton's game-worn/autographed gloves from the Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma, a Christmas present I never should have given away.

Won a Backstrom signed puck at one of the Capital Nights at a local bar.

Still, the only thing I want is a game used base and game used bat, a line-up card wouldn't hurt either.

I'm not much for autographed football things, I'm kinda numb to the idea anymore.  I want baseball stuff.

Offline santanaf

« Reply #35: March 08, 2013, 11:17:02 PM »
I have a ball from 2005 autographed by Brian Schneider and Brad Wilkerson.  I also have a personalized autograph on a Nationals card signed by Brian Schneider.

I have game tix from the first exhibition game and the first regular season game in 2005.

And I bet I have have something no one here has - I have a Nationals pink Honorary Bat Girl bat with my name engraved on it plus a pink ribbon Nats jersey with Bat Girl on the back - I was the Nats Honorary Bat Girl in 2009 for Breast Cancer Awareness Day - you know, that Mother's Day game where they all use pink bats.  Before the game they always trot out the mandatory brave spunky breast cancer survivor with the chemo-devasted hair to wave to the crowd and look inspirational.  That was me.  :mg:  I also got pink wristbands and a bunch of other neat Nats stuff, and got to meet and chat with Jesus Flores, Austin Kearns, and John Lannan.   They gave us free parking in the garage and comped seats in the President's Club with full access to all the goodies in the Lexus Club.  It was a great day!

Are you the same person that a bunch of us on BPG helped get votes for this game?

As for my memorabilia, I have a fair amount of cool stuff I've collected first hand. Opening day tickets (the season ticket kind) for every year since 2005, last game at RFK ticket, Strasburg first game ticket autographed, a few dozen game balls including about a dozen with either 2005 or 2008 stamps, and one very special item. The last one is an opening day 2005 game used ball from the Nationals @ Phillies game. Got it as a foul when I was sitting down the right field line in the 2nd row. First official Nats game. It has an Opening Day 2005 stamp on it, great game use, and I spent 2 years getting the entire starting lineup from that first game along with Frank Robinson to autograph the ball. Frank even signed it 4/4/05. Jose Vidro, of all players, was the single hardest autograph to get. Go figure.

Oh and every Nationals SGA bobblehead since they started offering them as promo items back in 2005 or 2006 with Cordero or Guillen.

Online wj73

« Reply #36: March 09, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »
Oh yes, Santana - that was me.    :worship: I will be forever grateful for your magic programming skills! 

Offline santanaf

« Reply #37: March 11, 2013, 11:00:10 PM »
Oh yes, Santana - that was me.    :worship: I will be forever grateful for your magic programming skills!

Good times! Was easily my proudest moment as a Nats fan! I was at the game too but wasn't able to make it over to say hello.

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #38: March 12, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »
Picked this up at a memorabilia show on Sunday:

<image not found or removed>

Waited around all day at this auction for this to come up. Snagged it for $75.

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #39: March 13, 2013, 01:50:27 AM »
Picked this up at a memorabilia show on Sunday:

<image not found or removed>

Waited around all day at this auction for this to come up. Snagged it for $75.
nice! just like my signed harper ball (1st post) there's just something about watching that value grow as the years go on, assuming the career continues...

not that i intend to sell the ball tho.

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #40: March 13, 2013, 02:19:51 PM »
nice! just like my signed harper ball (1st post) there's just something about watching that value grow as the years go on, assuming the career continues...

not that i intend to sell the ball tho.

My wife said to sell it, take the profit.

I'm never selling it. I'm sending it to PSA soon and after it comes back verified I'll keep it forever and give it to my son someday.

Unless of course he signs with the Yankees or something. Then I might sell it.

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #41: March 14, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »

Unless of course he signs with the Yankees or something. Then I might sell it.

LOL, too true.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #42: March 16, 2013, 03:40:49 PM »
While not exactly a collectable, I bought my son his first curly w hat today!

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #43: March 17, 2013, 01:14:33 AM »
While not exactly a collectable, I bought my son his first curly w hat today!

it won't be his last!

Online wj73

« Reply #44: March 22, 2013, 12:48:17 PM »
How about an entire Nats-themed bathroom?  Now that's some serious Natitude!

http://dc.curbed.com/archives/2013/03/in-time-for-baseball-season-a-natsthemed-bathroom.php

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #45: March 22, 2013, 01:27:20 PM »
How about an entire Nats-themed bathroom?  Now that's some serious Natitude!

http://dc.curbed.com/archives/2013/03/in-time-for-baseball-season-a-natsthemed-bathroom.php

That's pretty awesome. My plan once I set my mancave up is to have the carpet designed like a baseball diamond and one of those L shaped couches to be like the grandstands. The walls will be a big mural so it's the panorama of the ball park with the wall mounted TV serving as the big scoreboard.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #46: March 26, 2013, 11:04:08 AM »
As a thank you for having completed a move for a large portion of our staff, the liaison for this staff just gave me an Adam LaRoche autographed cap. 

#WIN

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #47: April 07, 2013, 08:48:23 PM »
Not Nationals Collectibles but I got my picture taken and an autograph with my man Cal!
Got my picture taken with Alfred Morris too.
Bid on a Harper UNAUTOGRAPHED JERSEY for Breast Cancer Research and got it for $70.  It says "Authentic Collection" but the piping seems to be too bright a blue to be the Alternate Red Jersey.  It is a Cool-base Jersey though and the numbers and letters do appear to be sewn on.

I was at the Collector's Showcase show at Chantilly this weekend. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #48: August 29, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »
Just ordered a nats park print from this guy. Deadspin had a blurb about him and I've been waiting for him to add the nats

http://pootpoot1999.com/minimalist-baseball-stadiums-part-2/

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #49: August 29, 2013, 11:31:14 PM »
Selling Harper signed helmet above with the COA for $50 delivered. If you want it PM me. Wife lost her job. Looking to get rid of some stuff.