Author Topic: The Fairgrounds (formerly The Bullpen/Das Bullpen)  (Read 3970 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
The place actually looks kind of funky and original in real life. You will like it when all the food trucks and people roll in.

Right now, as of 5pm, it's graveyard of shipping containers and glass.  I'll post the rest of the pictures once I get my phone charged up.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Right now, as of 5pm, it's graveyard of shipping containers and glass.  I'll post the rest of the pictures once I get my phone charged up.

It looked funky and original to me on 4/3. It is what you make it. Or want it to be. Or something like that.

Whatever. It's just for this season anyway. What people will be excited about are the early signs of the neighborhood actually coming to life.  Nearby, they will see some actual construction (Boilermaker Shops) and completed construction (Foundry Lofts) that are a glimpse into the future.

Forward 3-5 years and this neighborhood will be the hottest 'hood in the district.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Forward 3-5 years and this neighborhood will be the hottest 'hood in the district.

I hope the class war starts or that I'm dead by then.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
More piXXX of the Faregrounds:

The new ticket scanners at the gater and ticket booths. 

Looks like the ghost has been given up on the Half Street Needledick Lounge:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
(Image removed from quote.)

I'll post the others once I get home but that just shouts poverty tourism/Welcome to New Jersey to me.

Which one was Dexter found in?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
I'm really diggin it for some reason.  I could do a total 180 when I actually see it but I think it looks like a good idea. 

Offline Baseball is Life

I'm really diggin it for some reason.  I could do a total 180 when I actually see it but I think it looks like a good idea. 

It's cool and funky. Very West Coast apparently. Something MDS wouldn't understand.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
It's cool and funky. Very West Coast apparently. Something MDS wouldn't understand.

It looks like some craphole off of the New Jersey Turnpike.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Looks like a place where the Philly fans will feel right at home.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Looks like a superfund site.  Hope they have glowing beer for Earth Day.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Looks like a superfund site.  Hope they have glowing beer for Earth Day.

Like I said - New Jersey offramp.  I'm just disappointed they finally painted over the "Half Street - Coming Soon" signs.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

It looks like some craphole off of the New Jersey Turnpike.

Isn't Citizens Bank Park actually in Philadelphia, not New Jersey?

Offline Baseball is Life

Looks like a place where the Philly fans will feel right at home.

Well, you would certainly know all about making Philly fans feel right at home, wouldn't you?

Offline Obed_Marsh

Aside from too many out of town fans (sorry JCA) this makes it sound pretty good. It is planned to expand. Fritz isn't the type to sugar coat crappy places.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/going-out-gurus/post/fairgrounds-opens-outside-nationals-park/2012/04/04/gIQAxvzhvS_blog.html

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Aside from too many out of town fans (sorry JCA) this makes it sound pretty good. It is planned to expand. Fritz isn't the type to sugar coat crappy places.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/going-out-gurus/post/fairgrounds-opens-outside-nationals-park/2012/04/04/gIQAxvzhvS_blog.html

Wasn't he the guy hyping up Bo Blair in another piece though?  The Bullpens were pretty craptastic but that could be because I hate people and don't drink.  If a place serving alcohol would make Henry Chinaski pass you know it's needledick central.

Offline Obed_Marsh

He was positive on Truckeroo until they botched a "voluntary" donation and he does like his place called the Bayou but I wouldn't call him a fanboi.  The GOG's do a chat, Fritz is one of them who will bash places. The fairly neutral tone suggests to me he is catiously optimistic.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
He was positive on Truckeroo until they botched a voluntary donation and he does like his place called the Bayou but I wouldn't call him a fanboi.  The GOG's do a chat, Fritz is one of them who will bash places.

Cool, I'm probably wrong on the other Bo Blair article then.  That one was definitely a penis puffing puff piece. 

Offline e44green

Cool, I'm probably wrong on the other Bo Blair article then.  That one was definitely a penis puffing puff piece.

Right on both accords. In a Washingtonian article about Truckeroo, Mr. Blair also referred to his paying customers as "a**holes" for not making voluntary donations at the event:

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/bestbites/buckeroo-drama-at-truckeroo.php

I despise Bo Blair as a person, but until something besides Justin's Cafe opens up in the area we are still at his mercy as he runs the most convenient places to congregate before games.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Right on both accords. In a Washingtonian article about Truckeroo, Mr. Blair also referred to his paying customers as "a**holes" for not making voluntary donations at the event:

What an assclown.  Articles like that make me happy that I don't drink.  Keeping my shekels for myself.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/bestbites/buckeroo-drama-at-truckeroo.php

I despise Bo Blair as a person, but until something besides Justin's Cafe opens up in the area we are still at his mercy as he runs the most convenient places to congregate before games.

I'll go a block out of my way to Justin's and give money to someone who doesn't hire Phillies bans and call customers jerks.

Offline hammondsnats

who is bo blair?

Offline hammondsnats

leo davidson?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I'll go a block out of my way to Justin's and give money to someone who doesn't hire Phillies bans and call customers jerks.

There's nothing wrong with calling customers jerks if they're acting like them.  The problem here is this Mensa candidate worded his flier wrong and then got pissed when people didn't read his mind.  freak it.  I'm giving my shekels to Justin's or the Nats.  That dude sounds like King Needledick of Assclown Island.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Isn't Blair the 'late night shots' dickhead?  Those events filled my neighbourhood with pop-collared douchebags and their Coach-carrying armcandy for the past few summers.