Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2012-2014)  (Read 111347 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #1375: May 20, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »
You've got a lot more waiting in store

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #1376: May 20, 2013, 08:58:13 PM »
Dude, you really need to learn to edit.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #1377: May 20, 2013, 10:02:55 PM »
GoT is indeed great. I read the first 4 books before the show; eagerly awaiting the next (last?) one. Reading them first didn't take away a bit of my pleasure.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1378: May 26, 2013, 09:55:37 PM »
i'm like 5 episodes into season 4 of arrested development and am like, really disappointed

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1379: May 26, 2013, 11:28:27 PM »
Game of thrones has been awesome. Just watched episode 8. Love it!

Offline Optics

« Reply #1380: May 27, 2013, 03:59:13 PM »
i'm like 5 episodes into season 4 of arrested development and am like, really disappointed

I've only seen the first two episodes so far. The first one was HILARIOUS. The second one was pretty good, but definitely a notch below the first.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1381: May 28, 2013, 10:55:54 AM »
I've seen six of the new Arrested Development now. The first three are pretty iffy with some great moments (Tobias and Lindsay buying a house, Michael getting in the shower), but 4-6 are a huge step up. The Google Maps gag is awesome, and so far I like almost everything involving Ron Howard.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1382: May 29, 2013, 12:38:42 PM »
haven't watched the latest Mad Men episode, but holy crap ... so many trippy moments thus far ... hysterical. 

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1383: May 29, 2013, 02:16:21 PM »
Has anyone seen the new discovery series "North America"? It's pretty frickin' awesome and a lot of it was filmed in the Sierra Nevada range and Yosemite which is where I grew up.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1384: May 29, 2013, 02:27:44 PM »
Has anyone seen the new discovery series "North America"? It's pretty frickin' awesome and a lot of it was filmed in the Sierra Nevada range and Yosemite which is where I grew up.

have heard great things about it.

my o's brother (not cmd) loves it, so i'm sure i'll love it too 8) :whip: :lmao: :w: :cheers:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1385: May 29, 2013, 10:15:04 PM »

i am enjoying it

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1386: May 29, 2013, 10:15:45 PM »
I've seen six of the new Arrested Development now. The first three are pretty iffy with some great moments (Tobias and Lindsay buying a house, Michael getting in the shower), but 4-6 are a huge step up. The Google Maps gag is awesome, and so far I like almost everything involving Ron Howard.

im on episode 8 now, its still solid but not as great as i was hoping. expect it to get better as i watch and re-watch, though

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1387: May 30, 2013, 11:02:35 AM »
Expectations may have been too high, you know? It's hard to direct lightning to strike the second time. Still, the episodes I've watched have been amusing, and I also think they will age well.

im on episode 8 now, its still solid but not as great as i was hoping. expect it to get better as i watch and re-watch, though

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1388: May 30, 2013, 10:21:29 PM »
I've only seen an episode and a half but I'm trying to tell myself to lower my expectations immediately. It definitely is hard to come back years later and cast the same magic.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1389: May 30, 2013, 11:20:34 PM »
Episode 11 of the new Arrested Development is one of my favorite episodes from the entire series - yes, series. Just nonstop genius, firing on all cylinders.

- "I need believable arm candy... bean."
- the location of the fight scene
- the bit with Siri
- "Who wants to build a different wall?"
- way to plan, Ann
- all the incredible physical comedy with Ben Stiller
- the bit about the cross is ...incredible.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #1390: June 05, 2013, 06:21:41 PM »
Anyone watch Revolution on NBC?  My brother got me watching it and I thought it was quite entertaining for the most part. 

Offline Optics

« Reply #1391: June 06, 2013, 02:09:46 PM »
Anyone watch Revolution on NBC?  My brother got me watching it and I thought it was quite entertaining for the most part.

I didn't hate the show, but it's got a lot of flaws. It's very sloppily written and many of the characters are played by some terrible actors(well mainly the main chick who plays Charlie, though she is hawt). Giancarlo Esposito as Neville was awesome though, dude is just a great villain.

I'll give season 2 a watch but I don't expect it to go past that. Shame because the premise is quite good.

BTW...that last episode of Game of Thrones.  :shock: Mind=blown.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1392: June 07, 2013, 04:40:13 PM »
Anthony Bourdain's "Parts Unknown" on CNN, the Libya episode, is really really good.  I hope that some day he's able to film a show inside of North Korea.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #1393: June 10, 2013, 01:31:13 AM »
I'm not a book-reader in regards to ASoIaF, but I watch the show and here's my commentary for the season finale. Note that this is mostly speculation, even though I don't think I'm actually spoiling much. If you haven't watched S3ep10, don't hover over these just in case.

Devos Seaworth is awesome. Which means he probably won't last the series, but you have to admire his character.

I feel like the only one not a big fan of Dany. I like Jorah and Barriston, and even the assassin guy they picked up recently, but I hate her individually. She has an interesting story, but I don't really care for her.

I love that Sam met up with the rest of the group and is actually being competent. I like his character, hope he stick around a while.

Tywin and Tyrion interactions are awesome.

I think Devos' decision to free Gendry will be a huge plot arc later in the series.

It was only somewhat surprising to learn the dude torturing Theon is a Bolton. Theon's a dick, but man, I hope the guy torturing has something coming to him too.

I think Sansa and Tyrion are starting to start a nice alliance, hope they keep it up. Varys was interesting in his scene, I still get shudders thinking about his revenge scene.

I hope for a huge no-holds-barred battle between everyone in the North and the Whitewalkers before the series ends.

As a side note, I was on campus the other day waiting for a class to start and I heard some dude talking about the books out loudly so that everyone could hear, and he dropped some major spoilers that really ruined my day. If you're discussing anything about this, keep it on the hush or warn people around you.

I wanted to destroy the freaker that ruined some questions I had in my head regarding the series a few days ago. That would be like if I came out of the theater after the third Star Wars' movie and said "Man, I can't believe he was Luke's father the whole time" in front of the line waiting to get in. No excuses, just a total dick move. Don't be this guy, because this guy totally deserves a lifetime of beatings.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #1394: June 10, 2013, 08:44:17 AM »
let's just hope it's after Coladar finishes his bunker.

Anthony Bourdain's "Parts Unknown" on CNN, the Libya episode, is really really good.  I hope that some day he's able to film a show inside of North Korea.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #1395: June 13, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »
I didn't hate the show, but it's got a lot of flaws. It's very sloppily written and many of the characters are played by some terrible actors(well mainly the main chick who plays Charlie, though she is hawt). Giancarlo Esposito as Neville was awesome though, dude is just a great villain.

I'll give season 2 a watch but I don't expect it to go past that. Shame because the premise is quite good.

BTW...that last episode of Game of Thrones.  :shock: Mind=blown.

I agree that the writing is piss poor and there are some plot flaws.  That being said I like sitting back, turning my mind off and watching it.  Charlie is smoking and almost worth watching on her own. 

After watching Breaking Bad anytime I see Neville I think of Los Pollos Hermanos and face-off. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #1396: June 16, 2013, 08:25:46 AM »

This is the best thing discovery has done in years (ever?),  but the new naked people survivor looks like it may be a competitor

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #1397: June 16, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »
Has anyone started on Season 3 of "The Killing" on AMC?

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #1398: June 16, 2013, 10:35:38 AM »
Has anyone started on Season 3 of "The Killing" on AMC?

I thought it was only season 2, but yeah, I've been watching it.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1399: June 16, 2013, 02:06:19 PM »
Here's a screenshot of a movie poster in Arrested Development. I think it's an inside joke about Marta, but I can't read the last couple lines. Anybody have a good translation?