Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2  (Read 10610 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2
« Reply #275: August 20, 2011, 10:51:21 PM »
The NYY fans, in my experience, have always been fine.  The Philly fans are just classes oafs that shouldn't be allowed south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #276: August 20, 2011, 10:52:02 PM »
They shouldnt be allowed out of their cages

Offline NC Nats Fan

« Reply #277: August 20, 2011, 10:52:27 PM »
Yankees fans are not like Phillies fans. Most of them anyway.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #278: August 20, 2011, 10:52:32 PM »
But to those who blame the Lerns, how are they supposed to stoped out of town fans from buying tickets if the hometown fans don't?

The locals didn't have a chance to, that's why.  The Nats sold thousands of tickets to Philly ticket brokers.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #279: August 20, 2011, 10:59:13 PM »
The locals didn't have a chance to, that's why.  The Nats sold thousands of tickets to Philly ticket brokers.
Local ticket brokers would have done the same if they though Nats fans would come out. Nothing is stopping them.

And it's not just the groups. It's STH selling their tix on stubhub, craiglist, etc. There's really not much the Nats can go if the Nats fans don't come out and outnumber the Philthy fans.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #280: August 20, 2011, 11:01:35 PM »
Yankees fans are not like Phillies fans. Most of them anyway.
Yankees fans will just patronize you to death.

I hope we get a monsoon tomorrow and tomorrow's game is delayed 8 hours so those jerks have to go home before the game starts.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #281: August 20, 2011, 11:02:39 PM »
You can't be that dense.  THEY SOLD THOUSANDS OF TICKETS TO OUT OF TOWN TICKET BROKERS.  There is ZERO REASON for local ticket brokers if you can buy the tickets from the team.  The team sold THOUSANDS OF TICKETS TO OUT OF TOWN TICKET BROKERS.  The STH base can't be 10K so 44K - 10K = 34K.  Figure out how all of those OUT OF TOWN buses and groups were able to get BLOCKS of seats.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #282: August 20, 2011, 11:03:15 PM »
I was at the game tonight and I probably wouldn't have gone if my son wasn't such a bobblehead collector. The whole thing rubs me the wrong way and I left completely disgusted.

I have no problem with opposing fans flooding our park per se. It's just those people from Philadelphia seem to be another species. They are sloppy drunks, they cuss with every other word out of their mouth, and they generally like to f*uck with the hometown fans every chance they get. They are aggressive and confrontational with their signs, they way they boo our team in our park, and like to put down our team and park loudly so we Nats fans hear it.

But to those who blame the Lerners, how are they supposed to stop out of town fans from buying tickets if the hometown fans don't?

I've pretty much resigned myself to what to expect at these games, but I agree, the thing that is amazing is just how disgusting these people are. It's actually kind of laughable if it wasn't so sad. I know it seems like hyperbole to Philly fans, but it really does have us shaking our heads at the fact that a region of the country can produce this number of the same types of people all in one place at one time. I really don't know how many of these people function in legitimate jobs or even survive without major illnesses given how obese and and unhealthy they are. I guess there's someone for everyone, but the fact that so many of these people breed is amazing. You'd think to produce these folks you'd have to do it as part of a lab experiment using genetic material extracted from guests on the Jerry Springer show.

In terms of what the Lerners and the FO can do? A) they can spend the money necessary to get a playoff calibre team. B) They can stop marketing directly to Phillies fan groups for this type of event. But unfortunately, that precedent was set by Stan. Now that the fans know what to expect and that this is one of the better series to sell off tix, it is expected.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #283: August 20, 2011, 11:07:01 PM »
AdamKilgoreWP Adam Kilgore
Dude, that's a bum banging on a plastic bucket. RT @washingnats Oh, boy: I hear that Jazz beat outside #Nats Park again. Outstanding.

Welcome to DC Mr. Kilgore.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #284: August 20, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »
I really don't know how many of these people function in legitimate jobs or even survive without major illnesses given how obese and and unhealthy they are.

You know, I've been really fat before (500lbs anyone) but I saw some people tonight that had me shaking my damn head.  I saw a dude that HAD to be 600lbs with his FAT ASS stomach hanging out from underneath a skintight Cole Hamels shirt shoving hot dogs down his gullet and two fisting crappy beer and wheezing like a fish out of water.  Where do these people work and how did they get to the game?  More importantly, where do they sit?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #285: August 20, 2011, 11:12:47 PM »
Where do these people work and how did they get to the game?  More importantly, where do they sit?
On several seats.

Oh F.  They are going over the game on MLB Network and they have the philly announcer saying "no doubt about it, this is Citizen's Bank Park South."  On the bright side, I'll never back at Citizens despite being based in the USA out of Rhode Island.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #286: August 20, 2011, 11:14:04 PM »
"no doubt about it, this is Citizen's Bank Park South."

Yup.  Get used to it 'cause it ain't going to change.  Anyone want my ticket for tomorrow?

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #287: August 20, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
You know, I've been really fat before (500lbs anyone) but I saw some people tonight that had me shaking my damn head.  I saw a dude that HAD to be 600lbs with his FAT ASS stomach hanging out from underneath a skintight Cole Hamels shirt shoving hot dogs down his gullet and two fisting crappy beer and wheezing like a fish out of water.  Where do these people work and how did they get to the game?  More importantly, where do they sit?
Dude, I wasn't at the game tonight, and I don't own an Cole Hamels shirt :devil:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #288: August 20, 2011, 11:16:17 PM »
Dude, I wasn't at the game tonight, and I don't own an Utley shirt :devil:

Uh, this guy was literally 600lbs.  Like, I don't know how you fit in a car 600lbs.  Like, he makes me look like Kevin Durant thin in comparison 600lbs. 

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #289: August 20, 2011, 11:18:36 PM »
Uh, this guy was literally 600lbs.  Like, I don't know how you fit in a car 600lbs.  Like, he makes me look like Kevin Durant thin in comparison 600lbs. 
So, you're saying he was 600lbs, then.  Well, over half way there  :yesyes:

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #290: August 20, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »
National League
EAST             W  L    PCT    GB
Philadelphia   81 43  .653    ---
Atlanta          75 52  .591   7.5
Washington   60 64  .484  21.0
NY Mets        60 65  .480  21.5
Florida          57 69  .452  25.0

Phillies 5
(81-43, 37-23 away)
Nationals 0
(60-64, 35-25 home)  Final  W: Oswalt (6-7)   L: Lannan (8-9)   
HR »  PHI: Pence (15)

Diamondbacks 1
(69-57, 33-31 away)
Braves 8
(75-52, 40-25 home)  Final  W: Beachy (6-2)   L: Miley (0-1)   
HR »  ATL: Uggla 2 (29), Freeman (17)

Brewers 11
(75-52, 28-36 away)
Mets 9
(60-65, 25-34 home)  Final   W: Rodriguez (5-2)   L: Isringhausen (3-3)   S: Axford (37)
HR »  MIL: Fielder (28), Betancourt (10), Braun (24)   NYM: Pagan (7)

Marlins 1
(57-69, 33-30 away)
Padres 14
(58-70, 27-38 home)  Final  W: Harang (12-3)   L: Hensley (1-5)   
HR »  FLA: Lopez (4)   SD: Hudson (4), Hundley (5), Blanks (5)

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #291: August 20, 2011, 11:42:30 PM »
As much as I don't enjoy having all these Fillies phans here....I kinda understand why my fellow season ticket holders sell there seats to them for three times what they paid for them....it just ain't a fun night at the ball park for a Nats fan.
Having said that, I believe we are 4-4 at home against the Filthies and I've got hope for tomorrow!

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #292: August 20, 2011, 11:52:14 PM »
As much as I don't enjoy having all these Fillies phans here....I kinda understand why my fellow season ticket holders sell there seats to them for three times what they paid for them....it just ain't a fun night at the ball park for a Nats fan.
Having said that, I believe we are 4-4 at home against the Filthies and I've got hope for tomorrow!

I would expect a better experience on Sunday. A lot of Nats fans go to the Sunday games because they take the kids, and it seems that the Saturday night game was the "official" bus tour outing for the hoardes of philth. There will still be a ton of them, but tonight was the worst. It's a shame the team sucked so bad tonight.

The good thing is that those idiots have to actually get back on a bus with each other and return to the land of flash mobs. That's gotta really smell.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #293: August 21, 2011, 12:40:52 AM »
sounds like it was a good night to go to Potomac and see the P-Nats win 2.  Sigh...

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #294: August 21, 2011, 12:43:22 AM »
I heard 125 buses
You can't be that dense.  THEY SOLD THOUSANDS OF TICKETS TO OUT OF TOWN TICKET BROKERS.  There is ZERO REASON for local ticket brokers if you can buy the tickets from the team.  The team sold THOUSANDS OF TICKETS TO OUT OF TOWN TICKET BROKERS.  The STH base can't be 10K so 44K - 10K = 34K.  Figure out how all of those OUT OF TOWN buses and groups were able to get BLOCKS of seats.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #295: August 21, 2011, 12:45:05 AM »
Tonight was a really awful fan experience. I will leave it to AtBC to explain it in colorful fashion. But let me just say, even with my meds, I will ready to take some jerk out. I'm little dumpy housewife, but don't f with me. Several Phans had me ready to cut them.

• babble on
« Reply #296: August 21, 2011, 12:46:38 AM »
freak that crap.  My group has always been 100% use them or eat them, but NEVER sell to enemy fans, and I had fat nages with fake tans and Hamels and Utley sausage casings on both sides of me tonight, AND they had the nerve to talk crap.  My group is about to get a shakedown.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #297: August 21, 2011, 12:50:20 AM »
boy, can't wait to go to tomorrow's game.  sigh....

• babble on
« Reply #298: August 21, 2011, 12:53:34 AM »
I would dance around and cheer if I heard that someone had set off a truck bomb in south philly.  Yeah, it was that bad. 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #299: August 21, 2011, 01:39:35 AM »
Out of town and out of touch, but thoroughly disgusted that you all had such a crappy gameday experience with these clowns again.

As for what the Lernrrs could do? Something. Anything.
An honest effort to keep the disgusting goons in their disgusting city. But they wont.