Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1  (Read 23106 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1
« Reply #475: April 19, 2010, 11:00:15 PM »
No rush.  Don't have MLBN at the gf's place (yet)
It's actually one of the things I love about MLB Tonight.  They do such a great job of keeping you up to date on the games and letting you see things as they happen, even if it means delaying discussion about our game.  They've got a ton of time to kill on that show so you know they'll get to it eventually.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #476: April 19, 2010, 11:04:01 PM »
They're showing us some Angels/Tigers and O's/M's action at the moment...

Now it's Padres/Giants.

So weird to hear Dick Enberg calling MLB games.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #477: April 19, 2010, 11:07:48 PM »
Now it's Padres/Giants.

So weird to hear Dick Enberg calling MLB games.
They're jumping all over the place right now...

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #478: April 19, 2010, 11:09:19 PM »
They're jumping all over the place right now...

Haha, yeah.  LOL @ them just making fun of Marquis just now (re: Felipe doing better than he did this weekend).

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #479: April 19, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »
yes - craig stammen. I forget who started that, but I love it

i did ... i was a huge fan of counter strike in college and well the initials match up as does the nickname itself.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #480: April 19, 2010, 11:12:44 PM »
Haha, yeah.  LOL @ them just making fun of Marquis just now (re: Felipe doing better than he did this weekend).
Yeah, that was funny, and sadly accurate.

That was a rocket by Holliday!

:shock:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #481: April 19, 2010, 11:13:27 PM »
MLB Tonight is awesome. So fun to watch. I really like how they go from game to game

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #482: April 19, 2010, 11:14:04 PM »
Well guys and gals, it was great night at the ball park tonight, even if it was a small crowd, we all stuck through to the end cheered for the save.

Good atmosphere in the vicinity of The Best Seat In The House as well - compelling match on the diamond and on top of that just about everyone was keeping an eye on the Caps score as well, several keeping tabs using various electronics along with the frequent updates on the outfield scoreboard. Good too to see Stella Artois back on offer after a brief absence during the Brewers series (it's at the Base Line Brews behind 303), along with Heineken in cans from the in-seating-area vendors.

While a reliever named Capps was notching the save, the Caps' win over the Canadiens became official, to put our local NHL side up 2-1 - within minutes of each other...just a great night of sports all round.

Hoping for more of this Wednesday night when Canadiens-Caps Game 4 coincides with another Nats-Rockies night at the ballpark...LET'S GO CAP(P)S!

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #483: April 19, 2010, 11:15:41 PM »
i did ... i was a huge fan of counter strike in college and well the initials match up as does the nickname itself.
Me too, many late night LAN parties.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #484: April 19, 2010, 11:18:50 PM »
OldChelsea, I saw imported Stella at Rodman's the other day. Not the Canadian stuff.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #485: April 19, 2010, 11:19:54 PM »
lol not even CLOSE to a HR in San Diego

Edit: LOL @ the Woes right now

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #486: April 19, 2010, 11:25:40 PM »
OldChelsea, I saw imported Stella at Rodman's the other day. Not the Canadian stuff.

They have the real stuff at Harris Teeter as well...the slight ripoff though is that they charge the same for 11.5oz Stella bottles (either 6- or 12-packs) as they do for 12oz bottles of Urquell and other top imports. Fortunately it's easy enough to get on draught (Verizon Centre portable in southwest corner of section 400 concourse, along with the Greene Turtle in that building - and I hope our concession in the Nats Park 300's is finally here to stay) that one can exist between matchnights. Stella is way easier to get in this area, either in bottles or on draught, than it was less than a decade ago.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #487: April 19, 2010, 11:33:39 PM »
Highlights.

Mitch Williams: "People need to remember they can hit, pitching is their downfall"

Plesac: "It's a fine line...Once he got through the fourth or fifth he really trusted his stuff and he was dominant"

Huntsiker (sp?): "Gotta feel good for the Nats fans, way to go for hanging in there."

Matt Capps got the "Staples save of the night"

Wasn't as much discussion as it was just chatting through the highlights...

Offline bklynnats

« Reply #488: April 20, 2010, 12:36:51 AM »
One funny thing about ESPN tonight -- they showed Stammen in the Elvis wig on SportsCenter :rofl: The guys were understandably perplexed.

Way to go, CS! Nice win! :woop: :woop:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #489: April 20, 2010, 12:56:55 AM »
Mitch Williams just said the Nats will finish .500!!!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #490: April 20, 2010, 01:14:23 AM »
If Marquis settles down, Wang comes in back to form, Olsen regains his previous effectiveness, Livo keeps up his usual 2/3 QS, the bullpen hold together, and the top of the order heats up as the bottom undoubtedly cools off, .500 can be within grasp.  But that's a lot of ifs.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #491: April 20, 2010, 01:14:57 AM »
Mitch Williams just said the Nats will finish .500!!!

Wow, he must be drinking whatever most people around here are drinking.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #492: April 20, 2010, 01:55:40 AM »
One funny thing about ESPN tonight -- they showed Stammen in the Elvis wig on SportsCenter :rofl: The guys were understandably perplexed.
Way to go, CS! Nice win! :woop: :woop:

I think it was Bobby Valentine who said that he thought the Elvis wig was a great idea for building team chemistry, and noted the Nationals' won-loss record.  Someone called Ian Desmond's play at SS the #1 Web Gem.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #493: April 20, 2010, 02:17:29 AM »
I love this feeling: Being able to look forward to competitive games everyday.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #494: April 20, 2010, 02:29:43 AM »
CMD ... you need to have the latest recipient of the "Elvis" award as your avatar everyday.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #495: April 20, 2010, 09:17:14 AM »
If Marquis settles down, Wang comes in back to form, Olsen regains his previous effectiveness, Livo keeps up his usual 2/3 QS, the bullpen hold together, and the top of the order heats up as the bottom undoubtedly cools off, .500 can be within grasp.  But that's a lot of ifs.
It's not really.  I like the bullpen, might be in the minority there, but I do and I think we've got quality guys ready to step in if those that are here crap the bed too many times.  Wang coming back to form probably means he takes the place of Olsen or Livo, Stras the other or maybe Stammen.  I'm also confident Zim and Dunn will heat up.  It's really not that unrealistic.  The only big if in that group, right now, IMO is Marquis and his track record over the course of his career is that he'll get it figured out. 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #496: April 20, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »
Great game to attend, but I'll be catching up on sleep all week. This was my first win this year!

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #497: April 20, 2010, 10:01:40 AM »
freak You Baseball Tonight.
The first thing they talk about is the smallest crowd in Nats history.

Just in case you were wondering, MLB Network also made a comment about the low attendance. I also saw on Sportscenter that the Blue Jays had their lowest crowd ever.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #498: April 20, 2010, 10:02:43 AM »
What was the attendance?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #499: April 20, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »
Just in case you were wondering, MLB Network also made a comment about the low attendance. I also saw on Sportscenter that the Blue Jays had their lowest crowd ever.

Yeah. One of the sportscenter guys they randomly bring on for a random segment mentioned how The Carolina Hurricanes do White outs, how the Caps do Rock the Red, then he joked how the Blue Jays do Bang the Blue or some crap like that. He was referring to how all the seats are blue and thats all you can see but said they were people and not seats. Kind of silly but atleast they had lower attendance then us.