Author Topic: Nationals vs Brewers, Game 3  (Read 18228 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Nationals vs Brewers, Game 3
« Reply #375: April 18, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »
:lol: Dibble: "Desmond barrel rolls him"

Can't help but think of Star Fox

DO A BARREL ROLL

I hated the falcon that was your wingmate.

What an jerk!

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #376: April 18, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »
PANats, where did you end up sitting?

Did Marquis interview or anything after the game? I know everyone is dogging him, but I guess I'm wondering if something is actually wrong with him. For those of you watching at home, was his velocity normal? Obviously his accuracy wasn't...

Does anyone know what the attendance was? Didn't seem like much for the first weekend. I know it's the Brewers, but still.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #377: April 18, 2010, 08:50:08 PM »
Does anyone know what the attendance was? Didn't seem like much for the first weekend. I know it's the Brewers, but still.

18k :spaz:

They better reach .500 this year because if they don't, it's going to reach Orioles/Pirates/Marlins levels.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #378: April 18, 2010, 08:53:25 PM »
PANats, where did you end up sitting?

Did Marquis interview or anything after the game? I know everyone is dogging him, but I guess I'm wondering if something is actually wrong with him. For those of you watching at home, was his velocity normal? Obviously his accuracy wasn't...

Ben has a fantastic piece on Marquis.
http://masnsports.com/the_goessling_game/2010/04/marquis-tumbles-nats-fall-11-7.html
Well done :clap:

I was in the upper RF terrace, 10 dollar seats, so everyone was happy. I just don't like being far from the main concourse.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #379: April 18, 2010, 09:30:37 PM »
Anyone catch someone in a navy blue jacket, next to someone in a green sweatshirt on dance cam and to "BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP"?  That was me and a friend of mine. 

Btw, I moved from 308 to the main concourse.  Found an also frozen usher while we were scoping out seats in the sun.  I mentioned to him that I WAS in 308, but came down for a sunny spot.  He took my friend and I all the way down to about 6 rows from the field in 112.  It was much warmer, so I got to watch the rest of the game from there.  Its where the Camera guy and Clint hang out most of the game. 

It was fun despite the loss.  :D

« Reply #380: April 18, 2010, 10:15:13 PM »
Saw this on a Mets message board. StanK fail!
(Image removed from quote.)

I don't get it.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #381: April 18, 2010, 10:17:49 PM »
I don't get it.

It looks like he's punching her in the head.  Unless he means something else.

Offline PC

« Reply #382: April 18, 2010, 10:39:46 PM »
From the AP report of today's game.

The Brewers let the Nationals chip away at the margin. But in the end, Milwaukee avoided a three-game sweep against a team coming off consecutive 100-loss seasons. The Brewers also dropped the Nationals to 6-6 in 2010 after a 24-hour stay above .500 for the first time in more than two years.

A-hole.  >:(

What the hell does "coming off consecutive 100-loss seasons" have to do with today's game?

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #383: April 19, 2010, 06:27:39 AM »
Thanks, PANats, nice read.

18k :spaz:

They better reach .500 this year because if they don't, it's going to reach Orioles/Pirates/Marlins levels.

That's not good. Where did you find the attendance? I'd like to check out what we got on Friday and Saturday. This is our first weekend home stand, and we actually have momentum.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #384: April 19, 2010, 06:29:34 AM »
Marquis. Marquis. Marquis.

What the freak.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #385: April 19, 2010, 07:51:42 AM »

That's not good. Where did you find the attendance? I'd like to check out what we got on Friday and Saturday. This is our first weekend home stand, and we actually have momentum.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=mlb/teams/006/attendance.aspx?team=006

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #386: April 19, 2010, 08:18:28 AM »
By the way, I like Brewers fans. They got a bit excited the 10 runs, but they brought their kids and quietly cheered and laughed that the Nats won the last 8 innings. Come back soon, Brewers :P

« Reply #387: April 19, 2010, 08:20:02 AM »
Thanks, PANats, nice read.

I think a lot of people are still skeptical of this team, which is fine because honestly, I am too. I love what this team is doing right now and battling, but do we honestly think they can hold this up throughout the summer? Maybe. I don't know. I remain cautiously optimistic. I wouldn't take much stock in early attendance numbers especially with that skepticism, school still in session and vacations not starting yet.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #388: April 19, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »
By the way, I like Brewers fans. They got a bit excited the 10 runs, but they brought their kids and quietly cheered and laughed that the Nats won the last 8 innings. Come back soon, Brewers :P

There were some Braun fans up in the miller lite/red loft area. They kept saying things like "Oh its the Nats we all know and love" in the first inning when it was mostly Marquis and no one else. I just wanted to say "These Nats you know and love won the series". Didn't have to though. The last innings did make it pretty interesting.

« Reply #389: April 19, 2010, 08:21:09 AM »

Other than their ties to that puppet Selig, I really can't say anything negative about the Brew Crew and their fans.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #390: April 19, 2010, 10:56:53 AM »
I think a lot of people are still skeptical of this team, which is fine because honestly, I am too. I love what this team is doing right now and battling, but do we honestly think they can hold this up throughout the summer? Maybe. I don't know. I remain cautiously optimistic. I wouldn't take much stock in early attendance numbers especially with that skepticism, school still in session and vacations not starting yet.

Well, true.

I think it's pretty hard to improve more than ten games in one off-season, particularly with how weak the free agent market was. I'm cautiously optimistic as well. Anyway, I guess I'll watch with interest at the attendance and how it fluctuates throughout the season if we remain respectable.

On a side note, I have now attended two games this year: opening day and yesterday. Should I just stay on my couch?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #391: April 19, 2010, 11:33:35 AM »
While attendance isn't great for the Nats... we are the second most popular team on the road.

Of course, a lot of that is helped by the fact that Philly sells out every game and we played the Mets for their home opener... but damnit, the numbers don't lie... we're popular!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #392: April 19, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »
While attendance isn't great for the Nats... we are the second most popular team on the road.

Of course, a lot of that is helped by the fact that Philly sells out every game and we played the Mets for their home opener... but damnit, the numbers don't lie... we're popular!

The fans of the teams we face figure they're going to see an easy win.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #393: April 19, 2010, 12:26:10 PM »
The Washington Generals draw as well as the Globetrotters do, too.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #394: April 19, 2010, 12:32:56 PM »
The Washington Genrals draw as well as the Globetrotters do, too.

LOL  Good one TT.   

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #395: April 19, 2010, 01:45:08 PM »
Other than their ties to that puppet Selig, I really can't say anything negative about the Brew Crew and their fans.

Brewers fans put up with a lot.  Back when they were in the AL, the fans of the White Sox, Twins, and sometimes the Tigers would take over County Stadium in a similar fashion to how the Phils took over the Nats park (but not as nasty).  Now that they're in the NL, the Cubs and Cardinal fans do it.  I have been to games up there many times.  Great atmosphere.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #396: April 19, 2010, 02:44:03 PM »
somebody want to start today's gameday thread or should i go ahead?

nats line-up is available.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #397: April 19, 2010, 02:47:35 PM »
I would but in class and have no mouse. My mouse pad sucks ass.