Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 27555 times)

Offline Burgess

• K MONSTER!
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1
« Reply #675: April 21, 2009, 12:21:17 AM »
We added a damn fine pitcher in Zimmermann ( let's hope he keeps it up). Imagine we add Strasburg sometime this season. I prefer having Kip Wells then a scrub like Ledezma. Hope we keep winning. Feels good to finally see A WIN!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #676: April 21, 2009, 12:22:16 AM »
I still would rather have Shell than Kip Wells

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #677: April 21, 2009, 12:22:25 AM »
Is Ray Knight drunk?

Who doesn't know the phrase 'work in progress'.

Bags

« Reply #679: April 21, 2009, 12:26:01 AM »
JZ being interviewed on MASN right now

Bags

« Reply #680: April 21, 2009, 12:27:26 AM »
Ray, ask who that was sitting next to his Mom!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #681: April 21, 2009, 12:28:37 AM »
Also, it's Die-Az not Dee-Az.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #682: April 21, 2009, 12:29:13 AM »
JZ being interviewed on MASN right now
it was decent. much better than a Debbi interview

Offline saltydad

« Reply #683: April 21, 2009, 12:29:46 AM »
thank god joel did something good

and for the record, Id liek to see a slow mo of that chick behind homeplate.. mm mm

Nice to see that someone else here also has their priorities straight besides me!!LOL

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #684: April 21, 2009, 12:30:43 AM »
With 2 wins and 10 losses, the Nationals are now on a pace to:

Win 27 and lose 135 games in 2009!!!
 :worship: :woop: :panic: :clap: :glug: :pimp:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #685: April 21, 2009, 12:32:26 AM »
Ha!

I agree with Dibble, the Nats aren't going to lose 100 games this year. The talent is just too good.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #686: April 21, 2009, 12:33:42 AM »
Zimmermann out-dueled Lowe.  That rocks!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #687: April 21, 2009, 12:34:48 AM »
1st SAVE OF THE SEASON 4 HANRAHAN!

........BANG!!!!!!!!!!!! ZIMMS!!!!!!!!!!!

........NATIONALS WIN!!!!!!!!!

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Gods I missed these fireworks posts!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #688: April 21, 2009, 12:38:22 AM »
Joel you wish your debut was as good as Zimmerman's!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #689: April 21, 2009, 12:39:07 AM »
RZ is a great guy. Joel just said as much.

Seriously, you couldn't ask for a better guy to be your "face of the franchise" than RZ.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #690: April 21, 2009, 12:40:51 AM »
Zimmermann out-dueled Lowe.  That rocks!
yeah it does. what an awesome first start. he only walked 1 and he would have went 7-8 innings if his spot in the order hadn't come up with runners on base in the bottom of the 6th.

he made 1 fluke mistake and that was it.

looking forward to see him pitch against the Mets on Sunday.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #691: April 21, 2009, 12:42:29 AM »
Seriously, you couldn't ask for a better guy to be your "face of the franchise" than RZ.

:rofl:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #692: April 21, 2009, 12:53:10 AM »
yeah it does. what an awesome first start. he only walked 1 and he would have went 7-8 innings if his spot in the order hadn't come up with runners on base in the bottom of the 6th.

In all fairness, he did make other mistakes.  That early inning where Kotchman was caught stealing at 3rd could've been disastrous.  Thank freak for that play.

But he attacked the strike zone, which was huge. :clap: Excellent debut for JZ overall.  He's a pit bull on the mound.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #693: April 21, 2009, 12:54:04 AM »
In all fairness, he did make other mistakes.  That early inning where Kotchman was caught stealing at 3rd could've been disastrous.  Thank freak for that play.

But he attacked the strike zone, which was huge. :clap: Excellent debut for JZ overall.  He's a pit bull on the mound.
did you stay for the whole game?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #694: April 21, 2009, 01:00:29 AM »
I woulda love to have gone and stayed the whole game. It was fun listening to everyone and being able to hear people shout out ahah.

"LARRY LARRY"

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #695: April 21, 2009, 01:03:23 AM »
Nope.  Couldn't.  Took the train, so I had to make it back in time.  Plus, I was with my dad and he's a wussy.

But I saw JZ work, and he was fun to watch.  I'm glad I could say I saw his first start.  I was frustrated in that inning where he gave up the HR because I could tell he was having trouble gripping the ball.  The whole rain issue was a clusterfreak.  There was a good hour and a half where there was no rain and nothing happened.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #696: April 21, 2009, 01:07:46 AM »

looking forward to see him pitch against the Mets on Sunday.

yep. 72 pitches in 6 innings- that's ease right there. oh man, i can't wait for Jay-Z to own the Mets!!!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #697: April 21, 2009, 01:54:45 AM »
:rofl: Just defending the guy that people on here have been ripping to crap lately. hammonds was calling for him to get sent to AAA.

sportsfan :: az

wow dude.  he had bases loaded twice yesterday and struck out pathetically.  he's obviously going to be our catcher b/c 1) he's proven to be able to be a serviceable major leaguer and 2) none of the our catching prospects are ready or MLB service. 

that post was mostly directed at you in the fact that you BASH your non boys and super hype and give free passes to your boys.  we've gone over this a few times already and that's why people have ignored you from time-to-time, you are a hypocrite.  (bash a cabrera or dunn when they are decent, but get pissed as crap when someone says anything about a flores k with risp).

whatever nats win.  good game from jordan, jesus, joe and joel (lots of j's on this 4/20 edition).  as jordan said after the win, hopefully they can build on this.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #698: April 21, 2009, 02:05:20 AM »
Just got back a little bit ago.  Stayed for the whole thing, boy was it wet!  Just a few observations off the top of my head, because I am pretty tired.  I was sitting on the right field wall right next to the bullpen for most of the game, but then moved to the front row next to first base for the later innings because there was literally no one left at the park. 

-  I watched Zimmermann warm up, great pitching motion.  From where I was sitting, it looked like the ump wasn't giving him any benefit of the doubt, but there was certainly some pitches that should have been called strikes.  Zimmermann looked great on the mound except for the first few innings, where he was getting knocked around a bit.

-  I was right behind Francouer and got to heckle him all game, which was fun.  He gave me plenty of fuel for the fire, after striking out to our rookie and then slipping on the one play at second.  That alone made the game worth it for me.

- Joe Beimel!  What can I say, he had a sportscenter top 10 play in the pouring rain.  Easily becoming one of my favorite players on the Nats.

-  Dukes covers a lot of space in the outfield, which is badly needed when Willingham/Dunn are out there.  With Dunn, it isn't a lack of effort, but I could clearly tell from the right field wall that he has trouble reacting to balls and even judging them.  I was yelling to him at one point to move left because he had a shot at one ball (he had to have heard me, I could hear people talking from across the field), but he just sort of sat there like a deer in headlights.

-  I had a great time, despite the fact that it was raining and there were two other people in my whole section at the end of the game, which in a weird way put the game on a more personal level.  I gave Randy Knorr a shout out for leading the P-Nats to the championship and he gave me a thumbs up.  The Nats have now won every game I have been to since Acta took over, I'm thinking about attending tomorrow as well...

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #699: April 21, 2009, 02:10:40 AM »
I'm going tomorrow too.  Another Martis game.   So far my record is 1-1.  Opening Day and last Thursday.  I'll try to post here which jacket I'm wearing.  If its like it was today, possibly my heavy Curly W jacket.