Infielder(s)
1 (10%)
Starting Pitcher(s)
6 (60%)
Relief Pitcher(s)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: July 06, 2005, 12:12:56 AM

Author Topic: Trade Deadline?  (Read 3456 times)

Offline mjteggy05

Trade Deadline?
« Topic Start: July 06, 2005, 12:12:56 AM »
We keep hearing on different internet sites/messageboards/newspapers/etc. that Bowden has been talking about getting all these different outfielders and hitters, but everytime Bowden has been quoted, it's been, "Pitching, pitching, pitching!" What do you think he's gonna do and who do think the Nats will end up for?

luckyexposfan

Trade Deadline?
« Reply #1: July 06, 2005, 12:24:22 AM »
How about "all of the above"?  :lol:

Our pitching is really what has put this team in the position it's in, but I'm so afraid that our lack of hitting power is going to eventually come around and bite us in the ass.

Still...  you've heard the saying "jack of all trades, master of none"?  I just don't think one man, no matter how good, can make our offensive numbers explode, so I'm inclined to say strengthen our already strong pitching staff to compensate for (or prevent!) possible injuries.  Get another starter AND another reliever if possible.  Increasing our pitching depth will put us in a better position to continue winning games the way we've been winning them up to this point.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Trade Deadline?
« Reply #2: July 06, 2005, 12:30:38 AM »
Get me a Starter to replace Armas.

gosensgo05

Trade Deadline?
« Reply #3: July 06, 2005, 12:36:38 AM »
I can see Barry Zito wearing Number 75 in a Nationals uniform by August.  God...we need a Southpaw starter.  

Quote from: "JMadisonIV"
Get me a Starter to replace Armas.

caldercup0

Trade Deadline?
« Reply #4: July 06, 2005, 12:38:50 AM »
Zito? Who are we going to trade for Zito? I can see Guzman being traded... He hasn't done much of anything in the batter's box this season.

Anyone think we could convert Spivey into a Shortstop?

Offline mjteggy05

Trade Deadline?
« Reply #5: July 06, 2005, 12:47:34 AM »
Zito would be nice, but I don't see the A's trading him now that they're playing so well.

I would almost say just get another bullpen guy and like a middle-rotation guy that doesn't have to be an ace. I've heard Guardado rumors, and if we could put him out there and he could stay healthy, that would make an already very good bullpen nasty, and would allow guys like ayala and majewski to avoid breaking down in august.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Trade Deadline?
« Reply #6: July 06, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »
I voted for a starting pitcher, but it would go a long way to helping get runs on the board if the Nats could also acquire a power hitter. I agree that Zito would be a good addition, but he would be more than just nice. His numbers are very deceiving and he's been pitching better and better as the season progresses. Can you imagine how well he might do pitching in RFK?

tomwaits

Trade Deadline?
« Reply #7: July 07, 2005, 12:25:24 AM »
i voted for a starting pitcher, preferably Moyer to replace Armas....could you imagine, a southpaw in our rotation?!

Anonymous

Trade Deadline?
« Reply #8: July 08, 2005, 06:39:14 PM »
The nats need a little bullpen help tp give some guys a break.  And they need another bat.  A real run producer.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: poop
« Reply #9: July 08, 2005, 08:57:24 PM »
Quote from: "lolololkkjhggd"
nats stink nats stink nats stink :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I guess it only takes one brainless idiot to kill things for the guests who've been cool about the privilege