Author Topic: Follow the Prospects Master Thread  (Read 111953 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Follow the Prospects Master Thread
« Reply #425: March 27, 2024, 09:35:04 AM »
we don't really do much outreach and try to publicize that we are still here. We are down about 85% from our peak post year (around 2011-13), and down closer to 60% from 2018. Part of this is making chicken salad out of the chicken s...t that has been the Nats post-2019. Part of this is probably the growth of X as a way you can engage or follow standard sources or opinionated people. Message boards in general seem to be a bit clunky if you don't know where to find conversations. I don't know how the Dickie Thon Fan Club, USS Mariner, SoSH, or other boards are doing. The only thought I've had is to mention WNFF on other forums when relevant and not obnoxious. I also like to reference other Nats-specific websites and boards when I see they have good content. Our big advantage is that we have longer threads of fan-driven discussion and analysis. As PB69 pointed out, if you wanted a good source for the history of MASN negotiations, our thread was a good source. Ideally, the FTP threads would be similar, as would some of the theme threads like the bullpen discussions or ballpark amenities.