Author Topic: Recommend a gas grill  (Read 1264 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Recommend a gas grill
« Reply #25: January 31, 2020, 11:32:32 AM »
yeah, sears sold of the brand years ago.  They just recently sold Diehard to Advance Auto Parts as well.

Are Craftsman tools still “guaranteed forever”? I remember my dad broke a wrench or a ratchet and took it to Sears and just got handed a new one, no questions asked, no paperwork, no nothing.

I can’t imagine they still maintain a policy like this.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #26: January 31, 2020, 11:47:05 AM »
Are Craftsman tools still “guaranteed forever”? I remember my dad broke a wrench or a ratchet and took it to Sears and just got handed a new one, no questions asked, no paperwork, no nothing.

Where would you take them?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #27: January 31, 2020, 11:53:25 AM »

yes, they still offer a lifetime warranty on all hand tools
https://www.craftsman.com/customer-care/warranty-information

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #28: January 31, 2020, 12:05:04 PM »
Where would you take them?

Lowes. But I didn't think that policy was still in force.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #29: February 04, 2020, 01:30:27 PM »
Knowing our history you'd probably boobytrap it :mg:

Taking advantage of global warming, I went out to grill an impossible burger for lunch today and the tank ran out mid-cook. So I just got back from Walmart with a fresh tank of gas ready to go.   :eyebrows:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #30: February 04, 2020, 08:00:59 PM »
It's not

Lowes. But I didn't think that policy was still in force.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #31: August 23, 2020, 03:03:06 PM »
I have a Weber Spirit II E-310. Got it last July—my mother gave it to my wife and me as an anniversary present to replace our Weber Genesis Silver B after the gas line snapped and caused a fire on July 13. The Genesis had served really well—my parents (really more my dad) gave it to me in July 2001 as a housewarming present. Creepy thing is, the grill died the Saturday after my father did—it was the first time I used the grill after he died. It’s like it knew.

That's interesting because my mom just gave us some money as a housewarming gift to get a grill so I just got the Weber Spirit E-210 (Amazon). It's a terrific grill, seems pretty solid and it has the name.  I've used it a couple of times already and the one problem I've noticed so far are the grates. They're so segmented that you can't get a good sweep to clean them off. So I just got the Weber official grill scraper to see if that does the job, if not I've already started looking on Amazon at generic stainless grates which I've found to always clean nicely.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #32: August 23, 2020, 03:07:02 PM »
That's interesting because my mom just gave us some money as a housewarming gift to get a grill so I just got the Weber Spirit E-210 (Amazon). It's a terrific grill, seems pretty solid and it has the name.  I've used it a couple of times already and the one problem I've noticed so far are the grates. They're so segmented that you can't get a good sweep to clean them off. So I just got the Weber official grill scraper to see if that does the job, if not I've already started looking on Amazon at generic stainless grates which I've found to always clean nicely.

most of the grills I've seen now come with porcelain grates that seem to hold up well.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #33: August 23, 2020, 04:21:47 PM »
Amazon has replacement stainless steel that are a huge improvement, especially for heat retention

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #34: August 23, 2020, 04:41:34 PM »
Amazon has replacement stainless steel that are a huge improvement, especially for heat retention

I've already got one identified.  ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBPN96K/?coliid=IA8W5RRILG9T6&colid=3VW5QVO7LXSPW&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #35: August 23, 2020, 04:44:16 PM »
https://www.grillgrate.com/

Online 1995hoo

« Reply #36: August 23, 2020, 04:48:31 PM »
I have heard rave reviews of the Grill Grates Slateman linked. I’ve been meaning to order a set but have simply had more important things to deal with first. The one thing I’ve heard is that you should be careful about cooking time when you first get them because your grill will run hotter. The Weber iGrill thermometer I have may be essential if I get the grates.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #37: August 23, 2020, 05:04:38 PM »
I have heard rave reviews of the Grill Grates Slateman linked. I’ve been meaning to order a set but have simply had more important things to deal with first. The one thing I’ve heard is that you should be careful about cooking time when you first get them because your grill will run hotter. The Weber iGrill thermometer I have may be essential if I get the grates.
Yes. Mine regularly hit upper 600s when I turn the heat up Ll the way. I use it to sear steaks that I smoke

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #38: August 23, 2020, 05:08:30 PM »
I've already got one identified.  ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBPN96K/?coliid=IA8W5RRILG9T6&colid=3VW5QVO7LXSPW&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

That’s what I have- breathed new live into my Weber- awesome for good sear marks