Author Topic: Commanders: Post-Dan Snyder Era (2024-25)  (Read 485 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Commanders: Post-Dan Snyder Era (2024-25)
« Reply #25: April 27, 2024, 09:34:21 PM »
He also loves undersized defensive players, from the looks of it.

Sounds like they got some good value in this draft, but not having much of an O-line to block for your new run-happy franchise QB is an interesting approach.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #26: April 29, 2024, 01:39:04 PM »
Time will tell and all, but if Cooper DeJean ends up terrorizing Washington offenses for years to come, then Adam Peters just made his first major blunder as GM.
I really liked all the picks from the Commanders draft, but the Cooper DeJean trade with Eagles has so many red flags. Handing your smart division rivals a player that everyone loves is never good for sports karma. That will be one to watch these next few years.

On OL, I think they did what they could. There was an OT binge in the first round, and the Commanders admitted they tried to move up but there were no takers. There were no remaining OL better than the two defensive players they picked up in the second round. Brandon Coleman with the #67 overall pick is not a throwaway pick. That is a high value pick and he seems to have good grades.

I'm overall fine with this draft. But ultimately it comes down to Jayden Daniels to determine if this draft was a W or an L.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #27: April 29, 2024, 01:48:45 PM »
They do have a bucket of free-agent money. Maybe he thought there was more value in that.
It would seem this GM doesnt care about the offensive line either

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #28: May 02, 2024, 04:29:23 PM »
The NPS has given the go ahead to demolish RFK. End of an era.