Author Topic: No lesbian kissing at ballgames!?  (Read 6033 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: No lesbian kissing at ballgames!?
« Reply #25: June 06, 2008, 06:47:12 PM »
The Lerners could capitalize on this by setting up Kissing Booths in the Off Topic section of the stadium ball park.  They could charge $5 a kiss, and $8.50 for a 3-Way.
Au contraire, we should encourage 3-ways by charging only $3.50.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #26: June 06, 2008, 09:40:01 PM »
Au contraire, we should encourage 3-ways by charging only $3.50.

:rofl: 

« Reply #27: June 07, 2008, 12:15:24 AM »
There have always been boundaries, and fairly generous ones at that, which permit a wide variety of behaviors, but draw the line in some vague place.  So you would draw no line at all?  If the kiss was fun, why not just jump into 69 right in the bleachers?  Then would you oust them?  I could keep coming up with progressive examples, and eventually everyone would reach their point of saying "stop", some sooner than others.  People that intentionally find boundaries shouldn't be surprised or upset about it, that's what they wanted, right?

See, now your just getting ridiculous, Tom. I never advocated pictures in the stands (though, that might be better than some of the Nats games going on right now.)

Being in a crowd of 20,000 is pretty damn public no matter how you spin it. Where are you then? Your certainly not on/in your own private, personal, residence.

As for the argument that they "violate privacy" that is total bullcrap that not even a cow would admit to dropping. Okay, pretend it is. So those lesbians violated your privacy. Yet, your violating their right to the pursuit of happiness. There really is no way around this, it just goes in circles. It all boils down to one thing this country just isn't good at:

Tolerance.

Offline blue911

« Reply #28: June 07, 2008, 09:05:06 AM »
It just as bad as a heterosexual couple making out at a WNBA game.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #29: June 07, 2008, 09:58:39 AM »
It just as bad as a heterosexual couple making out at a WNBA game.
I'll need to look that one up :lol:

carbaums

« Reply #30: June 09, 2008, 10:29:21 PM »
They were not kicked out of the game.  They were asked to stop, (in response to an actual complaint), or they would get kicked out.  I also don't think that a stadium ball park will necessarily be considered a "public place" in all respects.  Your admission ticket has all sorts of restrictions listed, which the buyer agrees to, in consideration for the ticket being sold or provided:

Safeco Field's code of conduct includes a provision stating that "staff will proactively intervene to support an environment where guests can enjoy the Safeco Field experience free from unacceptable behavior, including … displays of affection not appropriate in a family setting."

The lesbian couple cited the use of the Jumbotron to show kissing during some point of games, but that doesn't really create an open season for make-out sessions.

He's right. It's not a public place and it violates the "terms of agreement", or whatever you would like to call it, when you purchase the ticket.

arkymark

« Reply #31: June 10, 2008, 10:13:03 AM »
Depends on what displays are appropriate in a family setting.  Surely some kissing is ok -- they do encourage it with those cameras.  Were they admonished because it was too much or because they were gay?  I don't know, but I don't see how you could have a strong opinion about unless you did.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #32: June 10, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »
Two lesbians were kicked out of a game in Seattle (link) because a nearby fan was disturbed to see them kissing. The unhappy fan was afraid that her children would ask why two women would kiss each other.

:roll: :roll:

Did anyone actually care to read why this unhappy fan was... unhappy? She was afraid she would have to actually be a parent and explain stuff to her kid's! I'm gonna assume they weren't going over the top and just think that lady just doesn't want to be a parent.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #33: June 10, 2008, 01:49:50 PM »
Well accuse me of being one of those parents, but some kids are too young to have this explained to them.  Some of us prefer to not talk to our kids about sex when they are under 10.  Some of us would like to protect the innocence of childhood as long as reasonable and possible! It's not about trying to not "parent" our children.  It's about the innocence of childhood.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #34: June 10, 2008, 02:00:29 PM »
Do you explain to your kids why you and your husband kiss? If so, what's the difference?

Also, kissing is now considered sex? All those people on new year's in NY are having sex on the streets? Sorry, but two women kissing and having to explain to your child why isnt gonna hurt the innocence of childhood.

What does this mother do when her kid's see a man and a woman kiss? Not explain it?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #35: June 10, 2008, 02:34:11 PM »
How do you explain it to your kids if you aren't sure you understand it yourself?  Please, don't tell me they were kissing because they were "in-love", cause I aint buying it.  PDA's have other motives.  They were probably kissing to get attention, to create a spectacle of themselves.  They were showing off.  That's how I'd attempt to explain it, that they are doing something different in order to draw attention to themselves.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #36: June 10, 2008, 04:29:05 PM »
Do you explain to your kids why you and your husband kiss?...

Kids, schmids.  Why DO you two kiss? 
WE need to know.  [Webcam, please.]

I saw a couple kissing in a parking lot once. 
I said to the guy, "You should MARRY that woman!
The lady was beaming. 
I wondered how much longer the relationship lasted...

« Reply #37: June 10, 2008, 04:33:52 PM »
How do you explain it to your kids if you aren't sure you understand it yourself?  Please, don't tell me they were kissing because they were "in-love", cause I aint buying it.  PDA's have other motives.  They were probably kissing to get attention, to create a spectacle of themselves.  They were showing off.  That's how I'd attempt to explain it, that they are doing something different in order to draw attention to themselves.

I have no idea where we would all be if we didn't have Tomterp to tell us all how we all think and feel. It's an amazing skill you have there.

Offline blue911

« Reply #38: June 10, 2008, 04:40:16 PM »
NOTLD, why are you so convinced that this is a case of gay bashing. Hell the woman named has tried to date Tila Tequila, who has single handily set back gay rights 25 years.

« Reply #39: June 10, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »
Do you explain to your kids why you and your husband kiss? If so, what's the difference?

Also, kissing is now considered sex? All those people on new year's in NY are having sex on the streets? Sorry, but two women kissing and having to explain to your child why isnt gonna hurt the innocence of childhood.

What does this mother do when her kid's see a man and a woman kiss? Not explain it?

Nicely said. What is there really to explain? Love? Is love and caring between two people that complicated to explain and something that should be shunned? I'm not going to go the psychic Tomterp route and just assume this was all for show. How freaking naive are you if you truly believe this wasn't because "it was two people of the opposite sex kissing"? It's the hypocritical conservative, puritan logic that is being forced into almost everything our society does. From politics, to cartoons, to sports.

It is getting ridiculous and people need to grow up and show some tolerance to your fellow man/woman.

Offline blue911

« Reply #40: June 10, 2008, 04:43:47 PM »
It is getting ridiculous and people need to grow up and show some tolerance to your fellow man/woman.

I'd be a hell of a lot more tolerant if Jello was involved  :-[

« Reply #41: June 10, 2008, 04:44:10 PM »
NOTLD, why are you so convinced that this is a case of gay bashing. Hell the woman named has tried to date Tila Tequila, who has single handily set back gay rights 25 years.

How are you convinced it's not?

I don't pretend, like some, to actually have been there at the event. Nor do I really care what this woman's relationship status is/was.

If it wasn't that couple, it was going to be another eventually. However the discourse got started, it is here and now and it's something that needs to be discussed.

Offline blue911

« Reply #42: June 10, 2008, 04:51:24 PM »
How many other cases have there been? Seattle is a fair size city. I'm sure that if the Mariners and by proxy King County (the lease holder) engaged in gender bias we would have heard about it long before this incident.

« Reply #43: June 10, 2008, 04:53:41 PM »
How many other cases have there been? Seattle is a fair size city. I'm sure that if the Mariners and by proxy King County (the lease holder) engaged in gender bias we would have heard about it long before this incident.

I'm not saying there have been other cases. I am saying this was going to happen one day. Last week, today, three weeks from now, three years from now, it was going to happen.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #44: June 10, 2008, 04:55:06 PM »
I don't pretend, like some, to actually have been there at the event. Nor do I really care what this woman's relationship status is/was.

Sure you do. You're arguing one side just like most of the people posting in his thread. No one knows if they're right or not. We can only assume here.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #45: June 10, 2008, 04:57:47 PM »
I'd be a hell of a lot more tolerant if Jello was involved  :-[

That's IT!  Kasten needs to add JELL-O WRESTLING
in the Off Topic Red Porch area of the stadium ball park.
With BETTING to benefit the DC Lottery games.

This iz REAL Jell-O Wrestling; not FAKE "pro" wrestling like they show on TV!

« Reply #46: June 10, 2008, 05:00:11 PM »
Sure you do. You're arguing one side just like most of the people posting in his thread. No one knows if they're right or not. We can only assume here.

Even I was there I couldn't tell how these two women were feeling. If I see them kissing, I assume there is some level of care and companionship there.

I don't sit there and think: "Those dirty whores. Look at them. What will I tell my children? They are doing that to push their evil agendas. They just want attention."

Offline blue911

« Reply #47: June 10, 2008, 05:00:53 PM »
I'm not saying there have been other cases. I am saying this was going to happen one day. Last week, today, three weeks from now, three years from now, it was going to happen.

But the woman didn't dispute the fact they where told they could continue kissing. But they had to tone it down.

When the Rogers Centre opened, two people were caught flagrante delicto,it didn't mean the Blue Jays were anti anything. It meant you had to draw the curtains in your hotel room.

« Reply #48: June 10, 2008, 05:06:33 PM »
But the woman didn't dispute the fact they where told they could continue kissing. But they had to tone it down.

When the Rogers Centre opened, two people were caught flagrante delicto,it didn't mean the Blue Jays were anti anything. It meant you had to draw the curtains in your hotel room.

I have a hard time believing these chicks were down to their bras by the time the usher came to them. Really, who is this mother to decide the level to "tone it down" to?

It all breeds interesting but sometimes heated discussion. I know I am outspoken on this subject and that is fine. Believe what you like to. But I am not going to sit here and be naive about it and I am not going to continue this discussion where some say these girls where doing horrible things then find it fine to make lesbian jello wrestling jokes in the same thread. That says all I need to know.

Tolerance. I just wish for tolerance from the people in our society. That is my ultimate point and final one on this topic.

Back to baseball.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #49: June 10, 2008, 05:12:42 PM »
Even I was there I couldn't tell how these two women were feeling. If I see them kissing, I assume there is some level of care and companionship there.

I don't sit there and think: "Those dirty whores. Look at them. What will I tell my children? They are doing that to push their evil agendas. They just want attention."

:rofl:

Of course I wasn't there, so there is an element of speculation involved.  And the fact they are gay has nothing to do with my views in the matter, you could substitute a man and woman into the situation and my opinion would be identical.  My underlying assumption is that they were pretty much slobbering all over each other, to have drawn the ire of the nearby complainant.  Maybe they weren't in which case she shouldn't have complained.  I don't really know.  But if it was all hot and heavy, my presumption is that they were mostly about putting on a show.  There are, of course, far more private venues where a couple can do what they want without making a public spectacle of themselves, so why go to a ballgame to make out? 

Audience.