Author Topic: No lesbian kissing at ballgames!?  (Read 6070 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: No lesbian kissing at ballgames!?
« Reply #50: June 10, 2008, 05:29:49 PM »
...It all breeds interesting but sometimes heated discussion.

I don't think two lesbians can breed and produce a child,
unless one is an alien (from outer space.)

...fine to make lesbian jello wrestling jokes in the same thread.

You can't assume that just because someone wrestles in Jell-O, that they are automatically a lesbian.  That creates unfair stereotypes... Maybe if they were kissing in public WHILE wrestling in Jell-O...

Offline blue911

« Reply #51: June 10, 2008, 05:42:48 PM »
I have a hard time believing these chicks were down to their bras by the time the usher came to them. Really, who is this mother to decide the level to "tone it down" to?

It all breeds interesting but sometimes heated discussion. I know I am outspoken on this subject and that is fine. Believe what you like to. But I am not going to sit here and be naive about it and I am not going to continue this discussion where some say these girls where doing horrible things then find it fine to make lesbian jello wrestling jokes in the same thread. That says all I need to know.

Tolerance. I just wish for tolerance from the people in our society. That is my ultimate point and final one on this topic.

Back to baseball.

You can come down off that horse,we've beat it to death.

« Reply #52: June 10, 2008, 05:45:04 PM »
You can come down off that horse,we've beat it to death.

Don't be mad at me because your feet are all covered in horse crap. :lol:

Offline blue911

« Reply #53: June 10, 2008, 05:47:37 PM »
Don't be mad at me because your feet are all covered in horse crap. :lol:

Never mad, I like to argue with you. You don't pout.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #54: June 10, 2008, 06:20:38 PM »
Sorry, but if I'm at a ballgame and have my three young children there, I do not want to have to explain homosexuality to them.  Yes, they could see it on the street, I know that.  But I try to shelter them from it.  It's a moral issue for me.  Call it puritanical all you want.  I will not talk down to or insult a homosexual (because I don't believe that is right either - I believe that they like all other people should always be respected) , but I don't want to be forced to explain it to my young children at a ballgame of all places!  There are some things that should be left out of the pic for kids. 

And Tom's also right in his assertation that it would be just as wrong to see a man and woman making out like crazy, too.  Take it to a private place.  My kids don't see that either because they don't need to.  Excessive PDA is wrong.

Geez people!  Whatever happened to basic decency for crying out loud!

Offline blue911

« Reply #55: June 10, 2008, 06:30:43 PM »
^ I think The Music Man pushes the envelope when it comes to PDA's. I think a baseball game should be a G-Rated event. Period No exceptions.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #56: June 10, 2008, 07:03:55 PM »
Obviously this lady had a problem with two women making out. If they were doing what you guy's said they were doing, it woulda been a bigger news story then it is. Only one person complained.

Want to know the sad thing? I doubt the kid's even cared. They were there to watch a ball game. When I was a kid and we went to a baseball game, I watched the game, not the people in the crowd.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #57: June 10, 2008, 07:07:36 PM »
I know what you're saying.  The kids may not have seen it, but if the parent is like me, she's trying to protect her children from seeing something she did not deem to be appropriate in that setting.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #58: June 10, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »
Obviously this lady had a problem with two women making out. If they were doing what you guy's said they were doing, it woulda been a bigger news story then it is. Only one person complained.

It was in Seattle (TERRIBLE team), so you never know.

Offline blue911

« Reply #59: June 10, 2008, 07:16:10 PM »
The Human Rights Campaign has chosen to ignore this story.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #60: June 10, 2008, 07:22:12 PM »
I can understand where you're coming from kim, but you can only protect them for so long.

Anyway's, lets just get back to baseball.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #61: June 10, 2008, 07:48:50 PM »
I agree, but 5, 6 & 8 is just too young.  My 5 yo thinks you get babies from the "babystore" at the mall.  See what I mean?  :)  But yeah, back to baseball!!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #62: June 10, 2008, 08:28:35 PM »
Ah yes, the Republican "Gay Agenda" that overshadows every little thing like the economy, the conflict in Iraq, etc. etc.

Those homosexuals...worse than Bond villains with their terrible world take over plots. :roll: Give me a break.

If you start kicking people out for signs of affection because the event they were at "wasn't designed for it" then where do you even begin to draw the line?

"Hey, that guy is a little tipsy on beer, when he should be doing his scorecard!" OUSTED!
"Hey, that couple is conversing about their newborn niece instead of talking base path strategies!" OUSTED!
"Hey, that guy just touched his cell phone!" OUSTED!
"I can hear the radio of the game off the radio of the guy sitting behind me! The game is right in front of him!" OUSTED!
"Hey, those kids are playing video games at Nats Park!" OUSTED!

I know this crowd here likes to consider themselves "hardcore" when it comes to baseball but one day you will wake up and realize stadiums and going to a baseball game is no longer just baseball. These stadiums are becoming an epicenter of social activities, something we all have one time or another said we wanted.

Now that we are getting that, some of you want to make those epicenters policed prisons where you must be only social towards the game on the field.

How do you people react in malls? Movie theaters? Amusement parks? City parks?

I'm not getting involved in this discussion too much, but really NOTLD has a point in that the woman' who complained was really offensive to me. I would simply say they were kissing because they love each other. There's no discussion of sex there. To me, it's like the PBS cartoon where the bunny had two mommies, that ended up getting banned. These families exist.

However, excessive PDA of all forms is gross. My problem is with the woman's comments,not with them asking to keep it PG.

Kim, I'm not jumping on you here at all. You have every right to teach your kids and believe how you wish - sounds like you feel like respect is paramount, as I do.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #63: June 10, 2008, 10:17:28 PM »
This has been a reasonably civil  :) discussion, given the potential for turning sharply south.  Nonetheless, it seems to me the thread has run its course.  It had already died once before being resurrected again, so can we say goodbye?