Author Topic: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 4  (Read 6526 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 4
« Reply #75: August 11, 2008, 04:30:58 PM »
I like Zimmerman, he just seems like a very dependable player, but with a low ceiling

I don't really agree with the low ceiling.  His problem is the hammate bone thing, as well as the shoulder thing.  He's not healthy, can't hit for any power right now.  He's still young and growing, developing, getting stronger (assuming a decent off-season regimen).  I expect a lot more out of him next season, but it's going to be ugly for the rest of this year I suspect.

Offline natinthehat

« Reply #76: August 11, 2008, 04:36:03 PM »
I don't understand why we haven't used Shell more often lately.  And why we insist on trying to squeeze more out of Manning than he is capable of.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #77: August 11, 2008, 04:37:42 PM »
I am not in the camp of people who wants us to use Manning next year unless we absolutely have to.  This is exactly why.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #78: August 11, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »
Nice garbage time hit Zman

Offline natinthehat

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #80: August 11, 2008, 04:51:27 PM »
I take back what I said lately.
This team just can't get clutch hits. Guzman shouldn't be playing now, he obviously is still at least partly injured.
Bonifacio, the jury is still out on. I think he is just young and needs to learn some patience.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #81: August 11, 2008, 05:17:13 PM »
damn, what a horrible team/game. LMAO at all of the idiots on here that thought our offense was just stagnant because we were facing CC and Sheets. Just face it, this team blows. Even Bush and Parra pwned us.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #82: August 11, 2008, 05:25:58 PM »
Manning = Eischen = King = Traber = Osuna = Nitkowsky = Halama  They're all the same crap.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #83: August 11, 2008, 05:27:03 PM »
Manning = Eischen = King = Traber = Osuna = Nitkowsky = Halama  They're all the same crap.
Yep. Manning is a career minor leaguer, nothing more. Rivera is the only guy I want back in terms of relievers. If Shell keeps up pitching well he could be considered too.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #84: August 11, 2008, 05:27:15 PM »
Manning = Eischen = King = Traber = Osuna = Nitkowsky = Halama  They're all the same ****.

At least its consistent

Yep. Manning is a career minor leaguer, nothing more. Rivera is the only guy I want back in terms of relievers. If Shell keeps up pitching well he could be considered too.

Exxon is the only one, besides Saul who has been showing he can be better, i want back as of now because he hasnt done much to make me angry or made many mistakes and hate his ass.