Author Topic: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 3  (Read 8813 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 3
« Reply #100: July 27, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »
Bonaficio just stole 2nd but he got thrown out at 3rd. He's fast for sure but his baserunning skills leave a lot to be desired.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #101: July 27, 2008, 06:25:47 PM »
Bonifacio got a hit in his first at bat this evening for Columbus.

Bonifacio follows up the single with a stolen base, but then throws it all away getting caught stealing third base.  The amount of times that Bonifacio gets caught is scary, hopefully he will work that part of his game out.

Down at Vermont, this year's 12th round pick, has a one-hitter through 6 innings, striking out 7 in the process.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #102: July 27, 2008, 06:27:11 PM »
Bonifacio follows up the single with a stolen base, but then throws it all away getting caught stealing third base.  The amount of times that Bonifacio gets caught is scary, hopefully he will work that part of his game out.

freak! the dude is still developing. Some of you have hard ons for minor leaguers yet criticize them when they make mistakes in their development stage.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #103: July 27, 2008, 06:32:01 PM »
freak! the dude is still developing. Some of you have hard ons for minor leaguers yet criticize them when they make mistakes in their development stage.

I don't know where I have said anything that could be misconstrued as a "hard-on" for Bonifacio, I have even mentioned that he has a lot to prove.  I was merely mentioning a fact that he stole and was caught stealing?

Offline PC

« Reply #104: July 27, 2008, 06:33:32 PM »
I have to go back to my old standby...

Is anybody on this team embarrassed by these performances?  >:(

Offline spidernat

« Reply #105: July 27, 2008, 06:34:14 PM »
I don't know where I have said anything that could be misconstrued as a "hard-on" for Bonifacio, I have even mentioned that he has a lot to prove.  I was merely mentioning a fact that he stole and was caught stealing?

I didn't say you had a hard on for Bonifacio. I believe I said for minor leaguers in general and besides, that was a generic statement. Having said that, my comment was unfair and I'll take it back. I didn't mean to offend you dude. I guess I'm just frustrated about this team.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #106: July 27, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »

Probably not but I can think of several fans that are embarrassed by this entire organization.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #107: July 27, 2008, 06:35:17 PM »

Not all. They enjoy losing.

We scored 2 runs in this series in L.A. and only 9 runs in the 6 games in California this week. That's incomprehensible.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #108: July 27, 2008, 06:37:15 PM »
We got shutout 3 times this week. That's 6 times out of 21 games this month. That's 40% of July's games.  :shock:

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #109: July 27, 2008, 06:37:18 PM »
I didn't say you had a hard on for Bonifacio. I believe I said for minor leaguers in general and besides, that was a generic statement. Having said that, my comment was unfair and I'll take it back. I didn't mean to offend you dude. I guess I'm just frustrated about this team.

I wasn't trying to start anything, I just wanted to make sure I was being fair enough with what I was saying.  Im not offended, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going overboard with anything I said.  I understand the frustration and I understand that there are some players that posters here would like to see in the majors that probably should stay in the minors for at least another year.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #110: July 27, 2008, 06:37:26 PM »
Again I ask: Where is the breaking point? If any other team in the league were this bad all hell would break loose. People would be released/fired, crap would by flying around and people screaming and cussing. At least show us that you freaking care!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #111: July 27, 2008, 06:39:04 PM »
Patience my young padawan.... the NFL season is right around the corner.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #112: July 27, 2008, 06:43:54 PM »
Shutout again. Our offense is all clown. Learn to hit. Here you go, you earned it.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #113: July 27, 2008, 06:45:10 PM »
^Debbi Taylor is in the middle for the postgame interview.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #114: July 27, 2008, 06:46:25 PM »
We got shutout 3 times this week. That's 6 times out of 21 games this month. That's 40% of July's games.  :shock:
6/21 times = 40% ?  That's some inventive math. :P

I can't wait until Strasburg is pitching for us.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #115: July 27, 2008, 07:08:17 PM »
0-6 ROAD TRIP  :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #116: July 27, 2008, 07:40:52 PM »
Yeah, but baserunning mistakes are a legitimate concern.  They're indicative of baseball instincts.  If a guy is going to make bone-headed plays running the bases, it's kind of a red flag.  It's not so easy to alter in the sense that hitting more pop-ups than line drives is.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #117: July 27, 2008, 07:48:46 PM »
6/21 times = 40% ?  That's some inventive math. :P

I can't wait until Strasburg is pitching for us.

Damn what was I thinking? Apparently I wasn't thinking. It's 28% but it's still awful, like my math.   :-[

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #118: July 27, 2008, 09:58:58 PM »
Yeah, but baserunning mistakes are a legitimate concern.  They're indicative of baseball instincts.  If a guy is going to make bone-headed plays running the bases, it's kind of a red flag.  It's not so easy to alter in the sense that hitting more pop-ups than line drives is.

If he's not stealing better than 75% successfully, it's not helping the team.  Getting caught stealing (Willie Harris, anyone?) is a disaster in any inning it happens.  YOu lose a baserunner AND an out, a double whammie.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #119: July 27, 2008, 10:04:32 PM »
Yeah but if you're going to practice stealing I'd rather he do it in the minors than pull a Milledge and try learning his craft in the majors. Presumably he will get better.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #120: July 27, 2008, 10:09:12 PM »
Yeah but if you're going to practice stealing I'd rather he do it in the minors than pull a Milledge and try learning his craft in the majors. Presumably he will get better.

I hope you're right, but I'm very skeptical.  He knows his speed is his greatest asset, and he's going to be looking to exploit it, but instead he's going to get picked off, pitched out, and caught stealing a nauseating number of times, I bet.  That is, if he can get on base with any frequency, which is a huge concern.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #121: July 27, 2008, 10:15:04 PM »
I hope you're right, but I'm very skeptical.

I'm skeptical myself but having never watched him play I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Time will tell. Hopefully they can keep racking up these kids with potential and the law of averages will eventually win out.

That said, I'm hoping for the quick win on one of the earlier acquisitions. :)