Author Topic: Montz+LeFave  (Read 11675 times)

Offline agent39

Montz+LeFave
« Topic Start: July 16, 2008, 04:57:29 PM »
Just wanted to drop by here today while I had a second. My agency represents Luke Montz and Andrew Lefave and I am pretty proactive when it comes to the whole internet marketing thing. We have a website.... doublediamondsportsmanagement.com thats being updated in addition to a blog that I have run for several months now  http://39ontheline.blogspot.com/

If anyone has any questions or comments I can be reached at Scorolen17@aol.com and my aim name is the same. We're also advising one nationals draft pick this year as well. Look forward to interacting with you guys soon and thanks for having me.

mahalo

J

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Montz+LeFave
« Reply #1: July 16, 2008, 05:05:55 PM »
Serious question: isn't it rude to call prospective clients nameless? Are you really trying to negotiate through your blog for "nameless" clients like General Managers and team presidents do? Not trying to be in your face, just tough questions.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #2: July 16, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »
Was LeFave pissed when they sent him down to Potomac after playing OK (Not bad, not great) in AA?

Offline agent39

« Reply #3: July 16, 2008, 05:54:06 PM »
Serious question: isn't it rude to call prospective clients nameless? Are you really trying to negotiate through your blog for "nameless" clients like General Managers and team presidents do? Not trying to be in your face, just tough questions.

I think it would unbelievably stupid for me to negotiate through the internet. The blog is just there. It is what it is. I have always loved writing and it occasionally allows me the opportunity to continue that while I am on the road. Take it for what it is, it most certainley is not a negotiating tool.

Offline agent39

« Reply #4: July 16, 2008, 05:55:22 PM »
Was LeFave pissed when they sent him down to Potomac after playing OK (Not bad, not great) in AA?

AA was a big jump for Andrew this year. I think he understands why they did it so hopefully in the long run it works out for him.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #5: July 16, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »
What kind of projection do you have of Montz into the majors?

A 2006 scouting report on him labeled him as mostly a power hitter and that he would need to start spraying more balls around the outfield to become a successful player.  The report also describes him as having a pull swing, how do you think this would alter his stats when batting at Nationals Park?

Offline agent39

« Reply #6: July 16, 2008, 06:13:45 PM »
What kind of projection do you have of Montz into the majors?

A 2006 scouting report on him labeled him as mostly a power hitter and that he would need to start spraying more balls around the outfield to become a successful player.  The report also describes him as having a pull swing, how do you think this would alter his stats when batting at Nationals Park?

Luke has made more adjustments than any of our other clients this season. Luke is spraying the ball and it has really helped him. He also has vastly upgraded his defense and I wouldnt be stunned to see him get called up in sept or even start the season as the primary backup next season.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #7: July 16, 2008, 06:20:58 PM »
I think it would unbelievably stupid for me to negotiate through the internet. The blog is just there. It is what it is. I have always loved writing and it occasionally allows me the opportunity to continue that while I am on the road. Take it for what it is, it most certainley is not a negotiating tool.

Just curious, as some of your statements about a "certain draft pick" were certainly provocative. Thanks for contributing. The agent's side of the story almost never gets told.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #8: July 16, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »
In regards to selecting players to get promoted or demoted, how good of a job do organizations (specifically the Nationals) do of keep tabs on ALL (not just top round guys) of their prospects in the minor leagues.  Is it more of a weekly/monthly type thing, where some guy has been on a tear and they start keeping him mind, or do they know the daily lines?  How involved are the agents in actually getting guys in the minors on the team's radar screen or will they only be noticed if their performance warrants it?

Offline agent39

« Reply #9: July 16, 2008, 06:45:12 PM »
In regards to selecting players to get promoted or demoted, how good of a job do organizations (specifically the Nationals) do of keep tabs on ALL (not just top round guys) of their prospects in the minor leagues.  Is it more of a weekly/monthly type thing, where some guy has been on a tear and they start keeping him mind, or do they know the daily lines?  How involved are the agents in actually getting guys in the minors on the team's radar screen or will they only be noticed if their performance warrants it?

I cant really comment on that side of the business since im not in player developement. It would be foolish of me to try and guess, but I have never had a problem dealing with the nationals

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #10: July 16, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »
agent39, welcome to the forum.  We've been especially fortunate lately to have attracted some interesting and knowledgable posters, of diverse backgrounds.  I hope you'll feel at home and find places where you can share your special insights with us.  You'll see we have a lot of people interested in the minor leaguers, guys like Montz that have really popped onto our radar this year.

Offline wisefan11

• This is Nat Country
« Reply #11: July 16, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »
39, I miss Nirvana too; they were the first band whose songs I learned to play when I picked up a second-hand strat at age 13. Do you prefer having minor league clients in organizations like the Nationals, who have a commitment to building from the bottom up and "going young," or does it not make much difference?

Offline agent39

« Reply #12: July 16, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »
39, I miss Nirvana too; they were the first band whose songs I learned to play when I picked up a second-hand strat at age 13. Do you prefer having minor league clients in organizations like the Nationals, who have a commitment to building from the bottom up and "going young," or does it not make much difference?

Depends on the player and the team of course. As long as they have an opportunity thats all you can ask for. On a side note, There is a new taylor green interview posted somewhere on the net.... I just took a beating from some random fans on a message board, for all you kevin smith fans out there. I actually feel like Jason Mewes right about now. I am eternally thankful for the gentleman who did take time to post three to four paragraphs about why I shouldnt do a blog and how teams wont like me. Tremendous.

Offline agent39

« Reply #13: August 09, 2008, 04:36:44 AM »
Read my blog monday everyone, I promise it will be worth it and relevant.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #14: August 09, 2008, 12:39:22 PM »
Read my blog monday everyone, I promise it will be worth it and relevant.

Agent39, why don't you post the link here for the convenience of your avid readership? 

EDIT:  oops, I just went back to the beginning of the thread and saw you had posted it there.

http://39ontheline.blogspot.com/

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #15: August 09, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »
LeFave is my pick to break-out next year. He has astonishing discipline at the plate with a 57:52 BB:K ratio this year. And the best part is all we gave-up was Ray King.

AndrewS102

« Reply #16: August 10, 2008, 11:54:02 AM »
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2008/08/nats_nieto_agree.html and the statement from the Nationals http://farmauthority.dcsportsnet.com/2008/08/10/nieto-signs/

Based on some research done by NFA (http://farmauthority.dcsportsnet.com/2008/08/09/adrian-nieto-to-sign/) hopefully this is what you are referring to 39.  Best of luck.

Offline agent39

« Reply #17: August 10, 2008, 05:42:53 PM »
Lap top died so I didnt get a chance to blog. Congratulations to everyone and I hope you enjoy Nieto. J

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #18: August 10, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »
Congrats on getting a nice above slot deal.  I see Nieto is Cuban born.  For many years, the Washington Senators were THE leading team in signing Cuban players, way ahead of the curve on that niche.  So he'll be the new generation to carry on the tradition.

Nospinzone is Cuban, and knows a number of the old players personally, and can tell lots of good stories about those old days.

Offline agent39

« Reply #19: August 10, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »
Awesome, thats great to hear and for whats it's worth, Adrian has trained with Nene marrero for years.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #20: August 10, 2008, 06:41:16 PM »
Awesome, thats great to hear and for whats it's worth, Adrian has trained with Nene marrero for years.

Interesting

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #21: August 10, 2008, 06:56:05 PM »

Who is Nene Marrero?  I'm familiar with Connie Marrero (1950's Senator).

AndrewS102

« Reply #22: August 10, 2008, 06:56:27 PM »
does Nene's dad work with Adrian on hitting along with Hoszy?

AndrewS102

« Reply #23: August 10, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »
Who is Nene Marrero?  I'm familiar with Connie Marrero (1950's Senator).
Chris.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #24: August 10, 2008, 07:05:20 PM »