Author Topic: Nationals @ Padres, Game 1  (Read 11909 times)

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
Re: Nationals @ Padres, Game 1
« Reply #250: May 28, 2008, 12:37:06 AM »
Pretty misleading considering how many walks he gave up.

Walks don't figure into it.  But it tells me that he is virtually unhittable if the control comes around, and it is starting to. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #251: May 28, 2008, 12:37:37 AM »
Walks don't figure into it.  But it tells me that he is virtually unhittable if the control comes around, and it is starting to. 
No it's not. He's trash. He's given up runs in his last 3 outings.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #252: May 28, 2008, 12:39:27 AM »
Wow that place is truly empty...  pathetic.

So is this place.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #253: May 28, 2008, 12:40:08 AM »
So is this place.

Yeah but it isn't almost 1am there :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #254: May 28, 2008, 12:40:33 AM »

Walks are very important. And if Lopez could stop hitting fewer balls in the air he would be a beast :? The point is that Hanrahan's OBP against is .480 :shock:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #255: May 28, 2008, 12:41:11 AM »
Yeah but it isn't almost 1am there :lol:
It's warranted. The Padres have been awful this year. Which will make it all the more sad once they sweep our sorry asses out of town.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #256: May 28, 2008, 12:41:35 AM »
Walks are very important. And if Lopez could stop hitting fewer balls in the air he would be a beast :? The point is that Hanrahan's OBP against is .480 :shock:

I agree.  But it has been much better in the last 3 weeks.  The crazy thing is that Joel is probably our best bargaining chip in trades. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #257: May 28, 2008, 12:41:51 AM »
Another pathetic loss in the books. So much for dogging the pundits that called for us to be awful.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #258: May 28, 2008, 12:42:08 AM »
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Hoffman gets whipped around by every other team in the league but he has always dominated us.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #259: May 28, 2008, 12:42:56 AM »
Another pathetic loss in the books. So much for dogging the pundits that called for us to be awful.
Yep. Nothing is going to change. It's evident to me that everyone associated with this team is content with losing. It starts up top and it trickles down to all of the players. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #260: May 28, 2008, 12:44:42 AM »
We Suck!

Offline The Chief

« Reply #261: May 28, 2008, 12:44:42 AM »
Never fear Padre fans, no matter how bad your team is, you'll always have us to smack around :roll:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #262: May 28, 2008, 12:44:56 AM »
Another two run game by the Massive Juggernaught that is Nationals offense!  It's gives me goosebumps on how well this team functions with the bat.   :roll:

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #263: May 28, 2008, 12:45:32 AM »
All this calling up pitchers is good and all.  But we need to call up some offense.  Get rid of Lopez, Pena, Mack, Paulie, Fat Johnny and call up Maxwell, Daniels, Bern, and Casto. 

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #264: May 28, 2008, 12:46:02 AM »
Christ...someone please explain to me: what DOES it take to fire a hitting coach around here?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #265: May 28, 2008, 12:47:52 AM »
I don't even want to hear what Acta has to say because we could have a tape recording to say the same crap he always says. We need a shakeup and quickly! Actually nothing is going to help this team short of a complete overhaul. We have rotation issues (as far as health and spots to fill). We have bullpen issues because our starters can't go deep into games plus we have garbage coming out half of the time. We have hitting issues because we lack serious power threat and consistent clutch hitting. I'm sure I missed a ton of stuff.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #266: May 28, 2008, 12:48:25 AM »
Our record 22-31

Our record this time last year 21-30

:roll:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #267: May 28, 2008, 12:50:10 AM »
I don't even want to hear what Acta has to say because we could have a tape recording to say the same crap he always says. We need a shakeup and quickly! Actually nothing is going to help this team short of a complete overhaul. We have rotation issues (as far as health and spots to fill). We have bullpen issues because our starters can't go deep into games plus we have garbage coming out half of the time. We have hitting issues because we lack serious power threat and consistent clutch hitting. I'm sure I missed a ton of stuff.
Acta makes me sick.  Do something about the losing instead of preaching the same bullcrap about patience after every loss.  Patience might work for some teams but it's not working here. The players that aren't performing should be gone. This season is lost. Call up the youngsters from AA and let them play. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #268: May 28, 2008, 12:50:52 AM »
Christ...someone please explain to me: what DOES it take to fire a hitting coach?

Someone with the balls to do so and to also balls to call out the players and make moves so they don't get comfortable with below mediocrity. Managers like Leyland, Pinella and Gillen aren't afraid to call out players. We need some of that.

All this calling up pitchers is good and all.  But we need to call up some offense.  Get rid of Lopez, Pena, Mack, Paulie, Fat Johnny and call up Maxwell, Daniels, Bern, and Casto. 

Except LoDuca and Estrada aren't even on the team right now and haven't been part of the active roster for most of the season so how can we keep blaming them?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #269: May 28, 2008, 12:51:07 AM »
Our record 22-31

Nice. And despite our horrible start to this season people including Manny and the players were content because it was an improvement on last year. You can throw that garbage out the window.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #270: May 28, 2008, 12:52:29 AM »
Our record 22-31

That is nuts. We are just as bad as last season if not worse. This is so unfair to the fans. The Lerners are unconscionable but I have a feeling the money is rolling in though so they probably don't care :?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #271: May 28, 2008, 12:55:51 AM »
i have a feeling this road trip is gonna get UGLY. 10 games under is on the horizon.

and like i said, ryan zimmerman IS the washington nationals. w/o him, this team is worthless. he needs to return for the second game. sadly, i think the injury is serious and i fear that he may take a trip to the dl. if that happens, this team will be in shambles. the only positive of zimmerman missing time is that it'll wake you guys up and make you realize how vital he is to this team. this team isn't the same without the best young player in baseball/best defensive player in baseball.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #272: May 28, 2008, 12:56:48 AM »
That is nuts. We are just as bad as last season if not worse. This is so unfair to the fans. The Lerners are unconscionable but I have a feeling the money is rolling in though so they probably don't care :?
I know you have always been Anti-Lerners/Bowden but I am quickly turning to that side as well.  This is a disaster.  Why not make changes now why there still might be time instead of waiting until we are 20-25 games under .500?

Why is Colome still here? Why is Hanrahan still here? Why is Mackowiak/Langerhans/Pena/etc. still here? Why is Lenny still here? Why is our manager such a puss? I want freaking answers.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #273: May 28, 2008, 01:00:58 AM »
I haven't actually been anti-Bowden. But I can't deny I've been anti-Lerner/Kasten. They have to give Bowden some resources other than stockpiling the farm system. That "should" pay off down the line but in the meantime they have to give us something to hang our hats on.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #274: May 28, 2008, 01:04:46 AM »
HERE'S MY CRY FOR HELP:

PLEASE COME BACK ZIMMERMAN! we need you.