Author Topic: Club level at Nationals Park  (Read 10328 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Club level at Nationals Park
« Topic Start: May 27, 2008, 09:05:57 AM »
The Nationals' site indicates that the club level seats (with the indoor concourse) are sold out for the season. Yesterday Ms1995hoo and I were able to buy two tickets in Section 208 using one of the ticketing machines outside the center field entrance. For those who have season tickets, what's the story—do the Nationals provide some sort of ticket turn-in or exchange system for use when you can't attend a given game, such that the tickets are then made available to walk-up customers, or have they held some tickets back on each level for prospective season ticket purchasers (which seems odd given their advertising that the seats are sold out)?

Got to say it was a nice place to sit. In the shade the whole time, seats were padded, the restroom was clean such that you could "sit" without encountering a puddle of urine on the seat or the floor, and the indoor concourse with huge windows was a nice place to eat my half-smoke without spilling it all over the place while still seeing the game for real (as opposed to on TV). $55 is more than I want to spend every night, though.

After the game we did something I've speculated about all year and walked to the Anacostia Metro stop to get the train to Branch Avenue. OK walk on a nice day like yesterday, I suppose, but the walk through Poplar Point at the south end of the Douglass Bridge is one isolated area. Lots of broken glass and such on the ground, too. If you make this walk, don't wear open-toed shoes.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: Club level at Nationals Park
« Reply #1: May 27, 2008, 11:38:17 AM »
There is a ticket-exchange programme available to STH (http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/season_benefits.jsp).

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #2: May 27, 2008, 01:10:46 PM »
I got a ticket in section 127 last week which has been sold out from day one.  I bought it online through the Nationals site.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #3: May 27, 2008, 04:13:45 PM »
Here's another cool thing in ticket purchasing I just saw on the Nats site.  when you pull up the full schedule and it's an away game there's a boxed "H" on the game date.  the boxed "T" means link to purchase tickets.  the boxed "H" means link to book a hotel room!  Wonder if it's the same hotel where the team stays.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #4: May 27, 2008, 04:18:25 PM »
The Lerners are probably trying to save money by having the players room with (paying) fans at all away games...

Offline kimnat

« Reply #5: May 27, 2008, 04:19:43 PM »
LOLOL!

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #6: May 27, 2008, 04:29:34 PM »
Out of curiosity I just tried to buy outfield "club" seats, i.e., the upper half of the red seats. They don't appear to be for sale via the team's site, yet it says they're not sold out. I don't think I'd ever actually sit out there barring some unusual reason given where the seats are, but does anyone know the story on those?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #7: May 27, 2008, 06:24:29 PM »
Are they the Bullpen seats?

Does anybody know anything about the Suites?  Do you have to pay for the fine food up there or is it included when you have a Suites ticket?

I'm asking because they had a silent auction at work to benefit the Susan Komen Race for the Cure.  I got Jefferson Suites tix for July 31st and want to know if the food at Stars and Stripes or up there is extra or not.