Author Topic: "The Wire" discussion  (Read 1103 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
"The Wire" discussion
« Topic Start: May 23, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »
Discuss.

Re: "The Wire" discussion
« Reply #1: May 23, 2008, 03:12:17 PM »
I've been watching The Wire. You give one guy money, then a little kid delivers drugs to you around the corner

I always figured that was your mentality. I envision you being one of the Cocaine Cowboys back in Miami during the 80s...

"Yeah, dealing snow is seedy and illegal--but damn, think of the money and deals! Who am I to stop a 15 year old from giving me their money?"

Offline Dave B

« Reply #2: May 23, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »
I always figured that was your mentality. I envision you being one of the Cocaine Cowboys back in Miami during the 80s...

"Yeah, dealing snow is seedy and illegal--but damn, think of the money and deals! Who am I to stop a 15 year old from giving me their money?"

what is my mentality, the Wire watching mentality? it's a pretty popular show

« Reply #3: May 23, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »

what is my mentality, the Wire watching mentality? it's a pretty popular show

Never watched The Wire. But I have watched this:

Superb documentary.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4: May 23, 2008, 05:23:37 PM »
Never watched The Wire. But I have watched this:

Superb documentary.

I started Netflixing it a couple of months ago. Its really good.  Half cop drama, half drug dealer drama

« Reply #5: May 23, 2008, 05:23:48 PM »
And who am I to stop a 15 year from giving me thier money for temporary satisfaction? Might as well make money and speed up the natural selection process before he can create more potential 15 year olds the government has to support.

We clearly are not going to win the war on drugs (a topic for another day) with traditional methods which waste countless amounts of resources.

The government might as well legalize it, make it more lethal, tax it, let Americans produce it, and keep all the proceeds in house instead of flowing out to Columbia et al. 

Can you imagine how much food prices would go down if farmers could grow a little weed along with their corn?

It could really help a lot of this country's financial problems. I did quick calculation a while ago for just weed, before I came up with the great idea legalizing all of them and letting people kill themselves sooner.  The weed people wont die so that is steady revenue.  The revenue from other stuff will probably tail off after the current population of crack, cocaine, and heroin users die.

I'll just stop there

I'm actually impressed. ;)

Offline Dave B

« Reply #6: May 23, 2008, 05:35:14 PM »
will a mod please split this thread and put the non related stuff in OT? Just mix in a random post of mine from some earlier thread so that nobody gets credited with an unwanted drug discussion thread.

fine i'll just delete my posts. wouldnt want to educate the children with alternative viewpoints.

"Drugs are bad (and not profitable at all) (and dont watch The Wire, its for adults)"

Offline The Chief

« Reply #7: May 23, 2008, 05:37:21 PM »
it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the fact that it's completely off topic, chill :-)

Offline The Chief

« Reply #8: May 23, 2008, 05:40:49 PM »
and nothing to do with baseball unless you know something we don't ;-)

Offline Dave B

« Reply #9: May 23, 2008, 06:07:02 PM »
it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the fact that it's completely off topic, chill :-)

then we all of a sudden have a short leash with threads derailing. i mean you posted your request from your cell phone

Offline The Chief

« Reply #10: May 23, 2008, 07:45:29 PM »
then we all of a sudden have a short leash with threads derailing. i mean you posted your request from your cell phone

I happened to be reading while i waited on my car, what's that got to do with anything?  You can believe whatever you like but I assure you it has nothing to do with the subject matter.  It's not baseball related, and it's not related to the topic at hand, so why shouldn't it be split?  Sorry if I've offended your sensibilities.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #11: May 24, 2008, 01:04:13 AM »
I've only seen the 1st 4 episodes, but as a result I put on my Netflix queue. Great drama.

natsfan1a

« Reply #12: May 24, 2008, 08:53:16 AM »
I'd never heard of it. I thought that this was about baseball transactions when I saw the subject line. :)