Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 428432 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2600: July 27, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
I've been an Expos fan since 1980 and at first wasn't happy about them moving to DC, but changed my mind after they built Nationals Park.  It all started when I was 12 years old.  My mom had a friend that was a stewardess (or is that not PC and flight attendant is the new correct term?) stationed in honolulu and her dad was none other than the GM John McHale. 

I had just started to play organized baseball that year so I was interested in anything baseball related and she also had a gorgeous Porsche and gave me a ride in it for at least 30 minutes which seemed like forever.  I grew up poor so getting a ride in a car like that was nothing short of special at the time and is the reason why getting a 911 was on my middle age crisis bucket list.  She would drop by from time to time to visit my mom and gave me some expos gear and I still have some of them like a couple of autographed bats signed by Andre Dawson and another from Tim Wallach and a ball signed by Steve Rogers.

I am more of a hockey fan now (even more than football too) than a baseball fan even though I played baseball from 12 all the way to 29 years old.  I loved playing ball in those summer and winter adult beer leagues, but gave it up when I moved to vegas.  I work from home so I do get to watch games whenever I want.  Lately I've been watching more games and when the nats game is over or they aren't on I try to catch cubs and rangers games to watch the other vegas kids bryant and gallo play even though I'm not a fan of those teams. 

I have only seen a few nats games in person.  Mostly road games at the padres or dbacks and only one trip to nationals park.   My dream would be to see the nats play in the world series, but that would be a bit out of my budget if they got that far.  Maybe if they played the angels I could pull it off as I could save on airfare and drive back home after the game so I would just need to pay out of the nose for tickets.  I'm getting a bit out of hand here, but I really like this forum so far.

And if anyone wants to buy some real estate in Las Vegas I'm your guy.  :bow:

I already welcomed you in another thread, but welcome...

My father's widow lives in Vegas - forget the exact area, but about 10 miles west of the strip...we get out to see her every now and then, but never when your hockey team has been on the ice.  I see that Vegas is 1 of 2 cities that put in bids for an NHL team.  Good luck with that...  :thumbs: