Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 434764 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I was born and raised in Dalton, and went to North Adams State as well (graduated in 1993). After college I spent a few years living and working in Agawam, then back to North Adams for four or five years before moving down here in 2002.
Dan Duquette? how you doin'?  Checking in on your old Expos?

Offline KingJeremy

Heya kids - my name's Jeremy and I'm checking in from Tempe, Az.  Moved out here in '03 from D.C. after living in Georgetown for a year. Lived in Rockville for the 6 years prior to that, where most of my immediate family still lives. Born and raised an Os fan for D.C.'s lack of a franchise, then adopted the Ex 'Spos when they moved to town.

Looking forward to the series here at Chase in a couple weeks, as well as seeing if there's anyone else out here in the Phoenix area.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
All hail KingJeremy of Pheonix Arizona!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
This seems like a good place for my 10,000th post!   (Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

I joined WNFF on July 8, 2005, so this thread hadn't been created yet.  I see 14 names who registered ahead of me. The Chief had just posted an invitation on the MLB Nationals message board, where I had the same user name. Rileyn, JMW4th (who was once JMad and other variations), Kenz aFan and some others beat me here. Senators2005, tomterp, Ray D, ernie0326, & esoteric all joined the same day. spidernat joined the next day and sportsfan882 the day after that. Within 10 days we were joined by Dave B, UMDNats, & PC.

A lot of the early GameDay Threads (GDT) were only 3 pages long.  I can't remember the first time I posted in one; I don't think I knew what they were, at first.  The first GDT I started was May 26, 2006 against the Cardinals, when the starting pitcher was:

(Image removed from quote.)
Levale Speigner
1-0, 6.33

... which we lost. I got a huge kick at seeing emoticons posted in the early GameDay Threads, and started looking for more to post in those threads, including this one:  :run:  I added pictures when The Chief made that possible.  Several years ago I was #5 or #6 in Total cumulative Posts and #1 for Most Time Online.  I've dropped off the Top 10 of both lists, as others passed me.

When baseball returned to Washington in 2005, I promised myself that I would NOT become a Nationals fan, after a 34-year absence. A baseball season has 162 games, which is a lot of time, and I didn't want to get caught up in it.  There were no home games for awhile, while RFK Stadium was being readied. But the Nationals were in 1st place in the NL East when they arrived to a playoff atmosphere in April 2005. And I was royally pissed off that the Orioles owner, Peter Angelos, controlled the Nationals' TV rights, and that the games were not on cable TV for most of 2005.

So I identified restaurants on the east coast that carried the games by DirecTV satellite, and listed them on a section here. I might not have become a fan, if the games had been readily available on TV, and the team had started out losing.

The 2011 team is near the bottom of many team hitting categories again, just as in 2005 and other years. We could lose 100 games again, but I also think it's still possible to make the playoffs this year.

Congrats N2P.  Amazing that it's been nearly 6 years already.   :cheers:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
This seems like a good place for my 10,000th post!  (Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

I joined WNFF on July 8, 2005, so this thread hadn't been created yet.  I see 14 names who registered ahead of me. The Chief had just posted an invitation on the MLB Nationals message board, where I had the same user name. Rileyn, JMW4th (who was once JMad and other variations), Kenz aFan and some others beat me here. Senators2005, tomterp, Ray D, ernie0326, & esoteric all joined the same day. spidernat joined the next day and sportsfan882 the day after that. Within 10 days we were joined by Dave B, UMDNats, & PC.

A lot of the early GameDay Threads (GDT) were only 3 pages long.  I can't remember the first time I posted in one; I don't think I knew what they were, at first.  The first GDT I started was May 26, 2006 against the Cardinals, when the starting pitcher was:

Levale Speigner
1-0, 6.33

... which we lost. I got a huge kick at seeing emoticons posted in the early GameDay Threads, and started looking for more to post in those threads, including this one:  :run:  I added pictures when The Chief made that possible.  Several years ago I was #5 or #6 in Total cumulative Posts and #1 for Most Time Online.  I've dropped off the Top 10 of both lists, as others passed me.

When baseball returned to Washington in 2005, I promised myself that I would NOT become a Nationals fan, after a 34-year absence. A baseball season has 162 games, which is a lot of time, and I didn't want to get caught up in it.  There were no home games for awhile, while RFK Stadium was being readied. But the Nationals were in 1st place in the NL East when they arrived to a playoff atmosphere in April 2005. And I was royally pissed off that the Orioles owner, Peter Angelos, controlled the Nationals' TV rights, and that the games were not on cable TV for most of 2005.

So I identified restaurants on the east coast that carried the games by DirecTV satellite, and listed them on a section here. I might not have become a fan, if the games had been readily available on TV, and the team had started out losing.

The 2011 team is near the bottom of many team hitting categories again, just as in 2005 and other years. We could lose 100 games again, but I also think it's still possible to make the playoffs this year.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Congrats N2P!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I was born and raised in Dalton, and went to North Adams State as well (graduated in 1993). After college I spent a few years living and working in Agawam, then back to North Adams for four or five years before moving down here in 2002.

:clap:

Welcome aboard!  You graduated before I got there but we were in North Adams, MA at the same time!  How weird now that we're on the same Nationals message board.  Especially when we were both in North Adams, the Nats didn't exist.  :shock:

Offline CALSGR8

King Jeremy, I like your avitar.   Is that a Tshirt or something?

Offline KingJeremy

King Jeremy, I like your avitar.   Is that a Tshirt or something?

Sorta - its a design I Fauxtoshopped up and put on Spreadshirt that I mean to eventually order for myself. 

Offline CALSGR8

Cool!  Spreadshirt does some shirts for the Caps Road Crew.  I'll have to look for it.

Offline KingJeremy

Cool!  Spreadshirt does some shirts for the Caps Road Crew.  I'll have to look for it.

I don't think it's in the public domain.  But here's the link.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
I don't think it's in the public domain.  But here's the link.

It should be considered parody. It's not like anyone is going to think that Rick Ankiel put out an awesome crossover thrash album.

Offline CALSGR8

People wont confuse him with Ahmed the dead terrorist that the commedian talks to either.   Even if he does threaten to KEEL YOU!  LOL

Offline CALSGR8

Offline saltydad

I haven't frequented this thread in a good while. So I want to wish a hearty welcome to all the new members I missed!

:-[ :-[ :-[      :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
I haven't frequented this thread in a good while. So I want to wish a hearty welcome to all the new members I missed!

:-[ :-[ :-[      :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's not nice to call them idiots.

Offline Alexpos

Hello everyone, my name is Alex and I'm from Montreal. Let me introduce myself. I grow up as A Expos fan. When they left in 2004 (I was 17 then) I was at the last game and I remember this is the day I stop watching baseball. Now since about a year, I decide to watch baseball again. I got to told you: in 2004 I really hate Washington but now I just don't have a ''feeling'' about the Nationals. So here my question : did a lot of people from the Expos day follow the Nationals today.

So like I said before I'm just a kind of ''free agent fan'' so I don't hate the Nats but I'm not a super fan. (In fact the only team I hate are The Yankee and the Red Sox!)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
In fact the only team I hate are The Yankee and the Red Sox!

Welcome aboard.   Now, if you add the Phillies to your list, you're half way to being a Nats' fan.   

Offline CALSGR8

Hello everyone, my name is Alex and I'm from Montreal. Let me introduce myself. I grow up as A Expos fan. When they left in 2004 (I was 17 then) I was at the last game and I remember this is the day I stop watching baseball. Now since about a year, I decide to watch baseball again. I got to told you: in 2004 I really hate Washington but now I just don't have a ''feeling'' about the Nationals. So here my question : did a lot of people from the Expos day follow the Nationals today.

So like I said before I'm just a kind of ''free agent fan'' so I don't hate the Nats but I'm not a super fan. (In fact the only team I hate are The Yankee and the Red Sox!)

Iknow how you feel.  We had our teams taken away twice.  I don't hate Minnesota or Texas.  In fact I rooted for Texas in last year's post season.  If it makes you feel better, we got HOF EXPOS on our stadium along side SENATORS from our past.

Offline saltydad

"We had our teams taken away twice.  I don't hate Minnesota or Texas."

It's a good thing you said "I", as I do indeed hate the two aforementioned teams with a passion, as well as the O's. Nats forever!!    ;)  And welcome Alex. This really is a great site.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
There's a few Expos fans.  EddietheExpos fan has it in his name, I don't know the others off the top of my head. If it feels better, you can just root against Loria.  Welcome!

Offline Claff

• Claffie.com
Dan Duquette? how you doin'?  Checking in on your old Expos?

Heh, I shoulda seen that coming. I'm not a Duquette but I went to school with a few (I think there were a couple different Duquette families in Dalton). Never paid much mind to the Expos when they were Expos, as a Sox fan the National League was pretty foreign to me. Now I feel the same way about American League teams.

Offline BerkeleyNat

Welcome Alex. I was an Expos fan before the team moved to Washington. I love the Nats now, but still remember those Montreal days from time to time. I still think they had the best uniforms of all time.  :)

Offline defendyourself

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1572: June 04, 2011, 10:51:18 AM »
Hey guys, my name is Ken and I'm a Nats fan from New Jersey (go to school in MA).  Don't know why but for some reason I was drwan to this team when they moved to DC and then fell in love with some of their players (Ryan Zimmerman, Chad Cordero) and now follow the big league team and the prospects quite regularly.  I think being a Yankees fan was getting boring at times because they are always good and beside Cano and Hughes not a big fan of the new guard of players they have.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1573: June 04, 2011, 10:52:12 AM »
Welcome to the board dude.  Awesome username!

Offline defendyourself

« Reply #1574: June 04, 2011, 10:55:52 AM »
Thanks, and forgot to mention I was part of another national forum before (Natstown I think) but it died down pretty quick and had no idea this existed