Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nats @ Phils, Game 2  (Read 37654 times)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Gameday Thread: Nats @ Phils, Game 2
« Reply #100: July 09, 2005, 11:03:21 PM »
The Chief

Have you considered, instead of creating a new Game Day Thread each time, to delete all the messages and simply rename the thread with the appropriate info and have it start from scratch?

I was just wondering... I do that out loud sometimes

Offline esoteric

« Reply #101: July 09, 2005, 11:09:51 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
The Chief

Have you considered, instead of creating a new Game Day Thread each time, to delete all the messages and simply rename the thread with the appropriate info and have it start from scratch?

I was just wondering... I do that out loud sometimes

I think that would be a terrible idea.  I often like to go back to old threads to see if I said a certain thing, or pull a quote by somebody else, or heck, even to reminisce.  If anything, I recommend doing the opposite: all the Gameday threads ought to be archived, assuming space exists.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #102: July 09, 2005, 11:17:22 PM »
that makes nickels... I was just wondering... so it's not like it's a big deal...

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #103: July 10, 2005, 12:58:33 AM »
I haven't decided on this yet one way or the other.  For now I'm just unsticking the old threads and letting them fall down to the bottom of the page naturally, but I have been considering adding a new section for old gameday threads.  And of course if space became a problem, gameday threads would probably be one of the easiest targets.  Right now however, space is not a problem.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #104: July 10, 2005, 02:00:51 AM »
I was about to suggest that you create a Game Day section, but it looks like you already got that idea. That way all the Game Day Threads could be in one spot and the most recent one would always be at the top...