Author Topic: I want to know what will happends with me now???  (Read 4617 times)

Frank Felix Cruz Jr.

I want to know what will happends with me now???
« Topic Start: January 14, 2006, 01:14:38 PM »
Mr.Kenz'
thanks for all that you said in the top but as you know
that i like to know the activities, i would like to know
if i go to the Unite States to play in the gulf Coast league
in that year if you can tell me the answer when you see
this mensage ok... :?:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #1: January 15, 2006, 09:32:54 AM »
I wish I knew what the exact procedures were for a 16 year old, but even if the rules for international players do not apply in the Dominican Republic, things must still be close to the same.

The Gulf Coast League starts their season in June, so sometime before then, you will come to the United States. Also because you are still considered underage in the US, you might live with an American family. That would make things feel more like home.

It is possible that you start in the Gulf Coast League, and then move up to Class A before the end of the season. The Nationals might want to keep some kind of schedule for the first year, then once you are 18, they can move you up to higher levels as you are ready.

You will have to be patient, because there are a lot of good young players in the minor leagues. Because you are younger than most of them, you will have to work harder too. But that is a good thing, because hard working baseball players are more visible, so that means the organization will see you in a better light.

If you don't mind, I would like to give you a little help for when you want to reply to a message. At the bottom of each page, just below the last message, there are 2 buttons. The first one is to start a New Topic, which places your message in a different area. The second button says Post Reply. That second button is the one you should click on when you wish to reply to a message you are reading. When we click on the Post Reply button, it is the same as if we are in a conversation.

I hope you come here and talk to us often. Nationals fans will be watching you as you progress and get better. One day you will be signing an autograph and the person will say to you, "I am The Chief", or "I am Tomterp from the Nationals Fan Forum" and it will be like meeting a friend you have known, but have not seen for a long time.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2: January 15, 2006, 10:52:21 AM »
Frank, welcome to our forum!  I hope you will drop in often and tell us about your experiences as you move up through the Nationals' minor league system.  And we will do our best to help you if we can.  Many of us live in the Washington area, though we have fans scattered from Japan to the Netherlands, from Canada to the gulf area.  

Like Ken mentioned, quite a few of us take in minor league games, and you are likely to meet fans you know from this board - very cool!  I personally take in a few Potomac Nationals (high A league) and a rare Savannah game.  Some folks travel around the country to watch minor league baseball, and follow the progress of young players as they rise through the ranks with keen interest.

Again welcome, And thanks Ken too, for the heads up.

Ken

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #3: January 15, 2006, 12:32:59 PM »
The Gulf Coast League also has some of the nicest facilities in minor league ball.  They sharing the spring training home of the MLB team, which is usually also the home of the High-A team.

Melbourne is a great area.  You'll never be at a loss for things to do during whatever free time you may have.

I don't know about the housing arrangements, but I do know the team will provide full assistance for you.  It seems most players at least start out living with families in the area where they play.  The teams tend to have families that provide housing for the players year after year.  Often, a family is housing two and sometimes three players from the team.  The families tend to get involved with the player, and help them out with everything not related to baseball.  You'll always have somebody around when you need them.

I live in Boca Raton, about a 2 1/2 hour drive south of Melbourne, but will be looking forward to seeing you when you play in Jupiter.

natsrule413

« Reply #4: January 15, 2006, 02:39:19 PM »
I love you Frank!

If you get sent to the Vermont Lake Monsters tell me, as I would be honored to support you at a home game.

Go Monsters, Go Nats!

Frank Felix Cruz Jr.

Thanks All Of You For Help Me
« Reply #5: January 15, 2006, 11:46:35 PM »
Mr.Kenz', So What Happen Now That I Have 17 And I'm Not Younger For The League :?:  And i Want To Meet You And Meet All Of You, I Want To Go To Spring Training And I Want To Meet Too At Mr.Tomterp, NatsAddict, natsrule413 Thanks Again For The From Yours To Me, Thanks.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #6: January 16, 2006, 12:12:29 AM »
My dear friend, Frank, you must learn patience, the hardest thing in the world to learn... I know you want to be playing professional baseball right now, or even better yesterday, but while you are waiting to take on the challenge of a professional baseball career, don't forget to enjoy your youth. Play the game you love playing, and watch the World Baseball Classic, and watch as the team from the Dominican Republic play some exciting baseball, and who knows, maybe even become champions.

Training camp will start soon enough, and once it starts, you will be one very busy young man. You will be very surprised how tired you will get playing and getting ready for baseball.

The only bad thing about the waiting, is how slow time will seem to pass. It will seem like it's taking forever for things to start up, but they will, you'll see... Enjoy and have fun each and every day, because you can only live them once. And the best way to do that, is live them with friends playing baseball... Oh yea, and fishing...  :wink:

Frank Felix Cruz Jr.

« Reply #7: January 16, 2006, 03:09:39 PM »
:D Thanks My Dear Friend, Mr.Kenz' I'm In Activity Now, I'm Working Very Hard To be The Best Player Of The League And I will be It With God Ahead Also Following your Advice, Because A Friend Like Your It Is The Best Thing Than I have Found In The Best Stage Of My Life. Thanks  :lol:  :D  :)  :P  :wink:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #8: January 17, 2006, 12:59:46 AM »
Frank, please call me Ken :)
I think it's great that you want to be the best player in the league, but remember, that as long as you work to be the best player that "you can be", you'll always be a winner. And hey, if being the best player that you can be, also means that you are also the best player in the league, that's a double bonus.  :wink:

Offline Dave B

« Reply #9: January 17, 2006, 01:29:27 PM »
Is this for real?  In light of the ongoings at the other board, its seems as though a certain someone has become bored and looking for new ways to jerk around on boards. And this could be the newest of the ways.  The poor english does not seem consistent with that of a spanish native speaker.  And even filtering through it, the tone is the same as that of the person on the other board.  

And why would he come to this website?  Why not nationals.com. If I type in nationalsforum.net in yahoo, this doesnt even show up.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #10: January 17, 2006, 02:08:48 PM »
Quote from: "Dave B"
Is this for real?  In light of the ongoings at the other board, its seems as though a certain someone has become bored and looking for new ways to jerk around on boards. And this could be the newest of the ways.  The poor english does not seem consistent with that of a spanish native speaker.  And even filtering through it, the tone is the same as that of the person on the other board.  

And why would he come to this website?  Why not nationals.com. If I type in nationalsforum.net in yahoo, this doesnt even show up.

In response to the question I'm sure everyone has been privately wondering...  his IP address does in fact trace to the Dominican Republic.  Now of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything, he could be using a proxy.  I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Oh and by the way, why on earth would you use Yahoo?  Everyone knows Google is vastly superior ;)

Offline Dave B

« Reply #11: January 17, 2006, 03:40:13 PM »
i know google is better. it is just that my work computer is equipped with the yahoo search toolbar on internet explorer

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #12: January 17, 2006, 04:27:02 PM »
Thanks Chief, but I was okay with the idea.  I'd rather have an optimistic outlook on the situation and be wrong, than have a pessimistic outlook (which is no fun at all) and get fooled.

I think it's great that Frank is visiting us.  But can't we find a Spanish speaker to perhaps bridge our language gap a bit?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #13: January 17, 2006, 04:54:05 PM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
Thanks Chief, but I was okay with the idea.  I'd rather have an optimistic outlook on the situation and be wrong, than have a pessimistic outlook (which is no fun at all) and get fooled.

I think it's great that Frank is visiting us.  But can't we find a Spanish speaker to perhaps bridge our language gap a bit?

I suppose he could just post in Spanish, and we could all use Google translate  .  Certainly that would help dispel some doubts

What do you think, Frank?  Speak spanish, and we will translate :)

traduzca nationalsforum.net a espa?ol

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #14: January 17, 2006, 08:41:11 PM »

good points

Frank Felix Cruz Jr.

« Reply #15: January 22, 2006, 11:28:14 AM »

Dave B i did not understand what you said in this topic, Do you want that i write in spanish and you all translate :?:  :?:  :?:  :?: