Author Topic: Division-Watching  (Read 62111 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Division-Watching
« Reply #300: May 22, 2008, 08:09:56 PM »
Looks like NatsAddict was wrong about one of his Marlins again.  :?

Andrew Miller all of a sudden is unstoppable. He's currently shutting out the D'Backs and has 6 Ks through 4 IP.

I was just about to post this. Arizona's got a much better rotation, but those two offenses are pretty even on the overall. Both will K a lot.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #301: May 22, 2008, 08:15:27 PM »
I was just about to post this. Arizona's got a much better rotation, but those two offenses are pretty even on the overall. Both will K a lot.
That's an understatement.  Both of these offenses are very similar. Tons of young guys who can hit and strike out a lot.

I think Arizona may finally be coming back down to earth. They have gotten shut down the last two nights by freaking Mark Hendrickson and Ricky Nolasco. And now Andrew Miller. That's Nationals-esque hitting.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #302: May 22, 2008, 08:39:20 PM »
Wow. Miller was decent tonight but this umpire is literally giving him every freaking pitch. Anything within 6 inches of the strike zone is a strike for Miller.  This ump has clearly been paid off by the Marlins or has bet a large amount on them. 

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #303: May 22, 2008, 08:57:06 PM »
Mark Wiley is a pitching God.  Marlins fans all knew he was great, but had no idea exactly how great.

He had completely re-worked all of Miller's mechanic, has him striding towards home rather than first, Miller is staying on top of his pitches rather than throwing across the body with everything.  Oh, and he's picked up about 4 mph on his fastball.  Miller does almost nothing the same now as he did in April.

There is no explanation for the miracle he's worked with Hendrickson other than it is truly a miracle.

Nolasco is even throwing strikes.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #304: May 22, 2008, 09:01:10 PM »
Jesus. 7 IP 5 H 0 R 0 ER 1 BB 9 K. Are you kidding me?

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #305: May 22, 2008, 09:02:21 PM »
Another thing that cannot be overlooked is that Miguel Olivo is no longer the Marlins catcher, and pitchers can now throw to both side of the plate.

Olivo is the worst excuse for a catcher I've ever seen.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #306: May 22, 2008, 09:04:21 PM »
At least we can say Miller didn't have his career outing against us any more. This outing is a little better than the one he had against us a few weeks ago.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #307: May 22, 2008, 09:12:17 PM »
3-0. Marlins sweep the D'Backs after losing consecutive series to the Royals and Reds.  :shock:  :?

On the bright side the Mets are about to get swept in a 4-game series against the Braves. If you want some entertainment just go and read the Mets' board. It's in full meltdown mode.  :lol:

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #308: May 22, 2008, 09:17:07 PM »
3-0. Marlins sweep the D'Backs after losing consecutive series to the Royals and Reds.  :shock:  :?

On the bright side the Mets are about to get swept in a 4-game series against the Braves. If you want some entertainment just go and read the Mets' board. It's in full meltdown mode.  :lol:

Did you see Randolph's comments the other day?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #309: May 22, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »
Did you see Randolph's comments the other day?
Yeah, that team is a complete train wreck. If they lose 2 or 3 in Colorado this weekend Willie could be gone. 

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #310: May 22, 2008, 09:29:01 PM »
Yeah, that team is a complete train wreck. If they lose 2 or 3 in Colorado this weekend Willie could be gone. 

But I'm hoping he says with the Mets for a long, long time.  Four or five years after he's passed on would do.  It would probably take them that long to realize he was dead anyway.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #311: May 22, 2008, 09:30:33 PM »

With Church out they have only Wright to carry them.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #312: May 22, 2008, 09:37:59 PM »
Uh oh, here come the racist rants again.  :?

Here are some posts from the Mets' board:

Omar built a stupid uneducated latino team sad but true
They're all stupid and lazy and dumb. F them all!!

and to think I almost bought tickets to this series. I am so glad I saved the money on tickets, parking beer and hotdogs. There isn't enough beer on the planet to make this team watchable.

santana an ace? last 3 starts 11 runs 29 hits 20.2 innings pitched. thats pathetic maybe he is damaged goods....

This team is terrible. Fire Willie, blow it up. Trade Wagner for some young talent. They're done. It's over.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #313: May 22, 2008, 09:43:10 PM »
Trade Wagner for some young talent.

They can't do that.  Who would talk to the the press?  Don't they know that only non-Latinos talk to the press?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #314: May 22, 2008, 10:14:58 PM »
Here are some posts from the Mets' board:
Dude, they sound like their season is going worse than ours is! Losers.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #315: May 22, 2008, 10:19:30 PM »
Dude, they sound like their season is going worse than ours is! Losers.
The Mutts are now under .500 for the first time in a long whle. We're only a mere 3.5 games behind them.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #316: May 22, 2008, 10:47:45 PM »
LOL @ the Mets fans. We have to take advantage of their early collapse. Oh yeah I forgot... we can't because we're worse than they are :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #317: May 22, 2008, 11:19:44 PM »
Oh man, the Mets are a disaster.  Minaya is running them into the ground like he did with the Expos.

Did you guys know that he signed Luis Castillo to a 4-year, 25 million dollar deal before this season? That has to be one of the worst deals I have ever seen. Why would you give a guy like Castillo on the back end of his career such a long contract and invest so much money in?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #318: May 23, 2008, 01:05:03 AM »
The Mutts are now under .500 for the first time in a long whle. We're only a mere 3.5 games behind them.
We can do this, ya know. I really think we can. In a contest to see which team can out-suck the others, I think we'd start sucking at sucking, thereby allowing the Mets to suck more successfully. Plus, when they suck, they go for a spectacular meltdown, whereas ours is just kind of plodding towards doomsday.

Offline blue911

« Reply #319: May 23, 2008, 07:03:57 AM »
Mark Wiley is a pitching God.  Marlins fans all knew he was great, but had no idea exactly how great.

He had completely re-worked all of Miller's mechanic, has him striding towards home rather than first, Miller is staying on top of his pitches rather than throwing across the body with everything.  Oh, and he's picked up about 4 mph on his fastball.  Miller does almost nothing the same now as he did in April.

There is no explanation for the miracle he's worked with Hendrickson other than it is truly a miracle.

Nolasco is even throwing strikes.

When he pitched against the Nats in early April, Miller was whipping the ball ala Randy Johnson. Is his arm angle more overhand now?

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #320: May 23, 2008, 08:29:18 AM »
When he pitched against the Nats in early April, Miller was whipping the ball ala Randy Johnson. Is his arm angle more overhand now?

Below is a shot from an MLB recap.  Note that the right foot is going towards the plate rather then the 1b dugout (and is shortened up a bit), and that he's staying on top of the ball.  Wiley completely broke his delivery down and rebuilt it in under a month.  He's also the guy who turned Beckett into a pitcher, even got through AJ Burnett's thick skull for a while, and had Willis showing Cy Young stuff.  Then, when Girardi came in, he wanted to bring in his own cronies, and the Marlins lost Wiley for a couple years under Kranitz (who did his best to destroy Willis and had him make his leg kick higher, turn his back more, and ruined the fluid delivery Wiley had built).

In his last 4 starts, Miller has given up 7 BB and Kd 26, held opponents to a .178 average in 25 innings.  In his past 22 innings, he's given up 2 ER, and 4 in the 25 IP.  The Marlins had Perry Hill as IF coach, and he provided 3 gold gloves (1B Derrek Lee, 2B Luis Castillo, 3B Mike Lowell) and Alex Gonzalez was always high on the list for SS.  But Hill is the 2nd best coach the Marlins have ever had.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #321: May 23, 2008, 10:59:59 PM »
If the Rockies can come back on the Mets (they're down 3-2 right now), then we'll pick up a game on the whole division.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #322: May 23, 2008, 11:01:53 PM »
If the Rockies can come back on the Mets (they're down 3-2 right now), then we'll pick up a game on the whole division.
Yep. Great night for us. The Rox were winning until their stupid pitcher gave up back-to-back jacks to Delgado and Tatis. I was watching it live on Extra Innings. They still have some time to come back though.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #323: May 23, 2008, 11:04:59 PM »
Perez just walked two in a row to lead off the bottom of the 6th. He's walked 8 batters in 5 innings. Here comes Willie with the hook.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #324: May 23, 2008, 11:05:28 PM »
Yep. Great night for us. The Rox were winning until their stupid pitcher gave up back-to-back jacks to Delgado and Tatis. I was watching it live on Extra Innings. They still have some time to come back though.

Not Fernando Tatis, right?!