Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1  (Read 21973 times)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #375: March 31, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
I THINK METSSUCK WILL UNDERSTAND ME WHEN I SAY...

MILLZ OOZES SWAGGER!!!

MrMadison

« Reply #376: March 31, 2008, 08:24:31 PM »
I THINK METSSUCK WILL UNDERSTAND ME WHEN I SAY...

MILLZ OOZES SWAGGER!!!

Yes, Milledge has much swag....

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #377: March 31, 2008, 08:51:46 PM »
Even though it seems like the media disagrees, I think it was the smart move, too.

I think he would've been out for sure if he slid, but a lot of the criticism leveled at him over going in standing has to do with the increased risk of injury.  It was a smart play for the outcome of the game, but a potentially bad move for the outcome of his season.  Penny-wise, pound-foolish, as they say.  Still, I'm glad he did it.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #378: March 31, 2008, 09:02:21 PM »
millz needs to be a lil more cautious. he's the only one left standing from our 3 headed monster.

« Reply #379: April 01, 2008, 08:00:03 AM »
Regarding Milledge scoring standing up or sliding, if you look at the play, if he slid, the play would of probably been a lot closer and leaving it up to the umps in Philly is like playing Russian Roulette. By going in standing he was able to get his foot on the plate, making it too late even if the catcher was able to make the tag. The throw to the plate was off line as well.

I don't think he was worrying about injury or anything fancy. He was meaning to score and that is what he did. It was a smart move, he scored, we handed it to the Phillies, and if the announcers want to whine and complain with displaced displeasure, let them look like idiots.

Offline blue911

« Reply #380: April 01, 2008, 08:03:53 AM »
Regarding Milledge scoring standing up or sliding, if you look at the play, if he slid, the play would of probably been a lot closer and leaving it up to the umps in Philly is like playing Russian Roulette. By going in standing he was able to get his foot on the plate, making it too late even if the catcher was able to make the tag. The throw to the plate was off line as well.

I don't think he was worrying about injury or anything fancy. He was meaning to score and that is what he did. It was a smart move, he scored, we handed it to the Phillies, and if the announcers want to whine and complain with displaced displeasure, let them look like idiots.

The replay showed Kearns signalling Milledge to slide. But it looked a lot like this  :worship:

natsfan1a

« Reply #381: April 01, 2008, 08:46:28 AM »
I like the high stocking look. :thumbs:

Yes, Milledge has much swag....

(Image removed from quote.)