Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Ticket Area  (Read 3574 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
[RESOLVED] Ticket Area
« Topic Start: March 20, 2008, 05:23:49 PM »
OH GREAT MODERATORS!  (thought you'd like that!)  ;)

:idea: What would you think about having a section either by itself or as a sub topic for Tickets for sale?  I have a 20 game plan but I'm not going to all my games.  I could post all the games available under a Ticket category.  I'm not talking scalping.  They would be sold at cost to me.

Any thoughts? 

MrMadison

Re: Ticket Area
« Reply #1: March 20, 2008, 07:25:59 PM »
that's a pretty good idea, imo especially for those of us who are not yet season ticket holders *ducks from thrown chairs*

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2: March 20, 2008, 07:28:25 PM »
Won't that attract people who may want the tickets to flip them for a profit?

MrMadison

« Reply #3: March 20, 2008, 07:42:46 PM »
Won't that attract people who may want the tickets to flip them for a profit?

yes it would. which makes it a delicate situation.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #4: March 20, 2008, 08:03:18 PM »
all we have to do is say that if you want to trade or sell for face value, then go ahead and list them.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #5: March 20, 2008, 08:07:03 PM »
all we have to do is say that if you want to trade or sell for face value, then go ahead and list them.

I like this idea but how about face value + shipping? :)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #6: March 20, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »
works for me, whatever priority USPS shipping is or the agreed upon shipping method.  Also including the tickets.com fee should be included.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #7: March 21, 2008, 07:24:30 AM »
works for me, whatever priority USPS shipping is or the agreed upon shipping method.  Also including the tickets.com fee should be included.

Well at least as far as mine are concerned.  Whatever the Nationals charged us (service charges and all) is what I'd charge.  Yes, I'd like shipping too.  The quicker method needed the more the shipping would cost.

Mine are $36 for the pair and are in section 226 row G. + shipping.

I'd hate to say this but if someone who posts often on this board wants them vs. someone new who I don't know; I'd sell them to the people I know because I trust them to send me the money.  Now if one of you guys resells them for exhorbitant amounts  :nono:

An alternative is I could PM a bunch of people too.  I never have PM-d to multiple addresses before though.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #8: March 21, 2008, 07:26:38 AM »
I'd also recommend the use of paypal for faster transactions.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #9: March 21, 2008, 09:12:57 AM »
The idea has been brought up and shot down before due to many concerns.  I have no problem with people dealing in tickets on this site, but I see no benefit (and many potential pitfalls) to adding an official section for it.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #10: March 21, 2008, 02:09:27 PM »
The idea has been brought up and shot down before due to many concerns.  I have no problem with people dealing in tickets on this site, but I see no benefit (and many potential pitfalls) to adding an official section for it.

THE CHIEF HAS SPOKEN!   :worship: