Poll

Do we need another arm in the bullpen?

Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: July 09, 2005, 03:48:51 AM

Author Topic: Do we need another arm in the bullpen?  (Read 2112 times)

Offline mjteggy05

« Topic Start: July 09, 2005, 03:48:51 AM »
The last couple days have really made me hope that Bowden is about to pull the trigger on Eddie Guardado, Bily Wagner, or someone of that nature. Not only would it give us amazing depth, but also a very good pitcher to help set it up for The Chief...What do you guys think?

Ryan Zimmerman

Re: Do we need another arm in the bullpen?
« Reply #1: July 09, 2005, 10:39:08 AM »
Quote from: "mjteggy05"
The last couple days have really made me hope that Bowden is about to pull the trigger on Eddie Guardado, Bily Wagner, or someone of that nature. Not only would it give us amazing depth, but also a very good pitcher to help set it up for The Chief...What do you guys think?

Billy Wagner? The chief isn't enough?

Just kiddin', yes we do need a setup man.What about k-rod? Guardado would be a nice addition.

I think, Bowden will have a busy end of month, that's for sure.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #2: July 09, 2005, 10:40:44 AM »
If last night and the Mets series are any indication, definitely.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #3: July 09, 2005, 01:09:23 PM »
I have always thought that the Nats should carry 12 pitchers. The addition of an extra arm in the pen would ease the workload on the others, with the end result of that extra arm helping them all perform better when called upon. The idea of a Cordero/Guardado (or Wagner) 1-2 punch at the top end of the bullpen would make it extremely tough for teams to score in the late innings against us.