Author Topic: I am surprised nobody has asked this question yet...  (Read 1681 times)

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
The Nats AAA farm club is in New Orleans and we all know what has happened to that city this past summer. Will the Zephyrs be able to play in N.O. next year or will they have to skip town like the Saints, Tulane, and the Hornets have done? Might it be time for the Nats to consider moving their AAA affiliate to Harrisburg or Potomac?

Eddie Cunningham

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
I am surprised nobody has asked this question yet...
« Reply #1: November 07, 2005, 09:10:57 PM »
According to published reports, the only damage to the Zephyrs home stadium was the loss of a gazebo somewhere beyond the outfield fences.

I think its much too early to make any decisions on whether or not they should move. The bigger question is, will there be enough residents around to make them staying in New Orleans a viable option. A Triple-A team would help break the tension of those who chose to rebuild.

Instead of thinking about moving, the Nats should not only reduce ticket prices for one year, but also think of ways to help raise the spirits of the community. Most fans, who's monies will be sunk into rebuilding their homes and business, with the help of the team still be able to take a break and come to the games.

Since the field and stadium were spared, its a great opportunity for the Nats to reach out and touch the people. I don't think leaving should even come close to being an option, they should stay and help the area get back its feeling of community.

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
« Reply #2: November 07, 2005, 09:34:54 PM »
That's probably a very good idea. The people of New Orleans that are left are probably sick of sports teams leaving. Maybe the Nats could have a benefit game either at RFK or N.O.? Either the Nats play a game in N.O. or the Zephyrs come to RFK...

Eddie Cunningham

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: December 05, 2005, 01:31:06 PM »
Good idea Eddie.  Nats could play an exhibition game in N.O., would be a good thing for the community and support the Zephyrs too.

And a decent road trip for adventurous fans!!