Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nats @ Phils, Game 1  (Read 24927 times)

Ryan Zimmerman

Gameday Thread: Nats @ Phils, Game 1
« Reply #50: July 08, 2005, 09:25:21 PM »
I don't think, Eishen has some connon left in the arm...WHY EIshen? I'd probalbly have sent Majewski...this will maybe cost us the game.

JMADISON IV I'm sorry....

rich

hi bramos
« Reply #51: July 08, 2005, 09:25:55 PM »
Guys I'm really just bramos' best friend. Hi it's me Rich.
By the way I'm a Braves fan.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #52: July 08, 2005, 09:27:36 PM »
Man four inings left in the game... The poor bullpen is so gonna enjoy the All Star break...

bramos

« Reply #53: July 08, 2005, 09:28:16 PM »
What in God's name is going on?!?  Please don't tell the team with the last at-bat is going to win tonight!

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
« Reply #54: July 08, 2005, 09:31:44 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"
zimmerman:

don't feed the troll.

thanks.

Since we agree this guy IS a troll, why not delete his post and ban him? Isn't that the whole point of this new forum? If we are not going to punish trolls, then why not post at the MLB forum?

Eddie Cunningham

P.S. Obviously, "this guy" I am referring to is NOT Zimmerman!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #55: July 08, 2005, 09:39:32 PM »
Quote from: "eddiejc1"
zimmerman:

don't feed the troll.

thanks.

Since we agree this guy IS a troll, why not delete his post and ban him? Isn't that the whole point of this new forum? If we are not going to punish trolls, then why not post at the MLB forum?

Eddie Cunningham

well, the only one with administrative power right now is the board Admin, so.....we gotta wait for him to get back on here and do something about it.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #56: July 08, 2005, 09:41:10 PM »
Bullpen is FRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
« Reply #57: July 08, 2005, 09:43:01 PM »
Quote from: "eddiejc1"
zimmerman:

don't feed the troll.

thanks.

Eddie Cunningham

well, the only one with administrative power right now is the board Admin, so.....we gotta wait for him to get back on here and do something about it.

Then we will wait for him to clean up this mess. Why is it no matter how many or few runs we score we have to win by one run? I hope that is the reason why the score is 8-7 because if it isn't, Bowden should forget about getting any HITTERS until we get some more relief pitching!

Eddie Cunningham

bramos

« Reply #58: July 08, 2005, 09:49:57 PM »
The bullpen has indeed gone soft.  Would somebody please tell me again why Guzman and Blanco were not placed on the injured list retroactive to whatever the date it was when their ailments occurred?  There are only two more games before the all-star break.  We could've had a pitcher or two up from the minors to help out the bullpen during this time they've been out of action.  If we lose this one, it will hurt big time.

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #59: July 08, 2005, 09:51:28 PM »
Byrd doubled but he tried to go to third base and they outed him out.

He stays in the game to replace Cepicky..BOOOO!!!

Cepicky had a good game.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #60: July 08, 2005, 09:57:41 PM »
What's sad about the picture on the screen, is that the Nats are acting like the game is lost already and since the last couple of innings, the Phllies have been walking around like they are way ahead already... They know the Nats bullpen is a bunch of dead arms....

Offline mjteggy05

« Reply #61: July 08, 2005, 10:06:44 PM »
Well Magic managed to sneak out of that last jam with the lead intact, maybe the Nats can grab the momentum back.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #62: July 08, 2005, 10:30:17 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
The Chief does it again....

bramos

« Reply #63: July 08, 2005, 10:32:46 PM »
Mets blew their lead.  We held onto ours.  How d'ya like them apples!

Anonymous

« Reply #64: July 08, 2005, 10:33:07 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
What's sad about the picture on the screen, is that the Nats are acting like the game is lost already and since the last couple of innings, the Phllies have been walking around like they are way ahead already... They know the Nats bullpen is a bunch of dead arms....

Spoke too soon!  Good ol' Gary Majewski comes through in the clutch (esp. given that his arm's been tired lately), and the Chief gives us another great 1-2-3 9th.  Game over, Nats win, Drese improves to 3-1, Cordero gets his 31st save.

Winning ugly?  Sure.  BUT WINNING.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #65: July 08, 2005, 10:49:40 PM »
I'm glad I was DEAD WRONG, and would be very willing to be DEAD WRONG every game if it helps the guys win...

Maybe Magic striking out the last hitter to end the 7th inning gave him the juice he needed for the 8th.... Whatever it was, there are no complaints here

Kbrights

Caridac Nats
« Reply #66: July 08, 2005, 10:50:31 PM »
Instead of calling these guys the "one run wonders" we should call them the "Cardiac Nats".   :shock:  I would love to see them just blow someone out for once. Hopefully we're not seeing the first signs that the bull pen is worn out. Hopefully Bowden is lookng for more bull pen help.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #67: July 08, 2005, 11:47:40 PM »
Alright guys, sorry I was AFK for so long, but this thread's been cleaned up now, and I'm going to revoke the guest posting since it would seem the trolls have found us.  Thanks to those guests who posted maturely :)

As for tonight's game, my main beef is that we scored more runs than we do in some series, and still only managed to win by 1.  Similar situation as in Pittsburgh when we jumped out to a 6-0 lead only to give up 5 runs later on.  A win is a win, so I'll take it, but I just hope we can do a better job of shutting the Phils down in the other two games  :?