Author Topic: Off Topic Thread Changes  (Read 1556 times)

natsfan1a

Off Topic Thread Changes
« Topic Start: January 05, 2008, 08:27:39 PM »
Since the Chief had said that he was interesting in input, I was posting a comment in the thread on this subject in the off topic section when that thread disappeared, so I'm posting it here FWIW.

I don't have a problem with deleting months- or weeks-old posts from threads like word association, song game, etc. in order to make backups more efficient. I don't go back to look at the beginnings of those threads, just the latest postings since my last visit. I do enjoy visiting those threads "in the now" and am glad that they will still be around. I also enjoy the off-topic section generally and appreciate that it will still be around. As for the post count aspect, I don't have a problem with off topic threads not being a factor either (is there a contest that I've missed out on or something? :) ) Thanks, Chief, for all that you do with this forum.

Offline kimnat

Re: Off Topic Thread Changes
« Reply #1: January 05, 2008, 08:29:47 PM »
Ummmm.   A lot of stuff just disappeared (beyond what Chief wrote about in that sticky - which also just disappeared) and I had trouble getting in here.  Did a hiccup just hit?

natsfan1a

« Reply #2: January 05, 2008, 08:30:47 PM »
Yes, I noticed that, too. The posts since around 11 or so yesterday night seem to have disappeared. I figured it must have something to do with the changes that the Chief was making (a hiccup, as you say). Edit: Yes, he posted about it at the top of the general discussion thread just now.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #3: January 05, 2008, 08:34:17 PM »