Author Topic: Zimmerman on the Clubhouse  (Read 1129 times)

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Zimmerman on the Clubhouse
« Topic Start: December 09, 2007, 07:51:17 PM »
This is from Svrluga's latest. Zimmerman is a very savvy young man, well beyond his years. He always impresses me with his understanding of what is going on in this organization from top to bottom. There is no telling how far he will advance within the ranks of baseball. It's good to see him speaking out, because he will need to take a definite leadership role this year.

One question that can't possibly be answered until spring training -- and maybe until well into the season -- is what personality the clubhouse will take. Club insiders believe that the 2007 clubhouse, while cohesive, may have been a bit lax. Zimmerman, for one, said it is up to him to help change that.

"I've been here two years," Zimmerman said. "It's to the point where I used to be -- not nervous, but cautious because I was so young and didn't have so much time in, and just out of respect for the other guys, I didn't say anything.

"Now, it's to the point where I'm kind of past that. We're just kind of tired of losing and tired of being fed up with stuff that shouldn't happen. Someone's got to do it. There's a few guys who have been here a couple years. We have the ability and the right to do that stuff, and I think we will."

Offline UMDNats

Re: Zimmerman on the Clubhouse
« Reply #1: December 09, 2007, 08:52:25 PM »
Good for Zimm.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Zimmerman on the Clubhouse
« Reply #2: December 12, 2007, 04:24:17 PM »
Most of this thread has been split into a new topic entitled "Stadium Music".  Now, if anyone wants to post in this more relevant topic, please do so :D