Poll

Are you dissapointed with the outcome?

Yes
1 (10%)
No
9 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 18, 2005, 05:58:13 PM

Author Topic: Deal for Wilson OFF!!  (Read 2701 times)

mlbnationals

Deal for Wilson OFF!!
« Topic Start: July 08, 2005, 05:58:13 PM »
According to Peter Gammons on ESPN radio.  Couldn't come to terms on who picks up how much of his salary.  Now maybe we can go get Kearns or Dunn.

Offline rileyn

Deal for Wilson OFF!!
« Reply #1: July 08, 2005, 06:20:04 PM »
It might be off, but I bet it;s not dead.  Me thinks we have not seen the last of this one.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Deal for Wilson OFF!!
« Reply #2: July 08, 2005, 06:21:56 PM »
I apologize for this bit of spam, but I just can't hear the name Dunn without thinking "Brooks and Dunn"  :lol:

Anyway I'm not too torn up over it if we don't get Wilson.

Offline mjteggy05

Deal for Wilson OFF!!
« Reply #3: July 08, 2005, 08:17:23 PM »
While I wouldn't mind getting Preston Wilson, once again, he's a Coor's Field guy, so I was already kind of wary, so this doesn't bother me too much if we don't get him.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Deal for Wilson OFF!!
« Reply #4: July 08, 2005, 08:25:09 PM »
LOLOL  Funny

But I don't think the Reds want to do any kind of deal with the Nats, at least not as long as Bowden is the GM... I wonder when they are gonna grow up and stop holding a grudge. They're the ones that fired him, its not as though he walked out on them...

Offline mjteggy05

Deal for Wilson OFF!!
« Reply #5: July 08, 2005, 08:39:21 PM »
They're the ones that fired him, its not as though he walked out on them...

I hope to god that there is some reason behind the Reds being childish, otherwise this is totally ridiculous. I would understand if we were a division rival, or if the Reds were in contention, if not, then Bowden must have done something that the Reds think is really shady or something.

DelNatsFan

Deal for Wilson OFF!!
« Reply #6: July 08, 2005, 10:38:06 PM »
Would it be such a bad idea to take a flyer on Bret Boone with a change of scenery? Sure we're deep as far as middle infielders go, but the same is true in the outfield where Wilson would have played.