Poll

How many points will the New England Patriots score against the Redskins?

Over 49
3 (21.4%)
45 to 49
0 (0%)
40 to 44
1 (7.1%)
35 to 39
1 (7.1%)
30 to 34
2 (14.3%)
20 to 29
5 (35.7%)
10 to 19
1 (7.1%)
Under 10
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: How many points will the New England Patriots score against the Redskins?  (Read 3704 times)

Offline ronnynat

"How many points will the New England Patriots score against the Redskins?"

I'm going to change my vote to "Over 49" ..k?

Offline ronnynat

yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! no auto 21 points for my fantasy football opponent!

Offline NatsAddict

All right!  We got them on the ropes now!  If we score a TD every 25 seconds, we can put this one in the W column.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
You know Bellicheck (can't spell that) calculated it, and decided it would get the game over with faster to let the Skins score. Time to get home to watch the Sox.

Offline NatsAddict

I don't think I've ever seen 51 scored against the Skins.

I'm not sure I have, either.  It seems like the Packers destroyed us some years ago, maybe during Gibbs I.

Offline ronnynat

I don't think I've ever seen 51 scored against the Skins.

We've given up 73 before..just not sure when it was.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Pre me.
We've given up 73 before..just not sure when it was.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Bring back Marty.

The Pats have put in their 2nd and 3rd string QBs, and it hasn't mattered a bit.

Resistance if futile.

And besides, maybe watching them play for 60 minutes will remind the Skins what football should look like.

I bet people will be pissed off that the Patriots "ran up the score" and they'll call them classless. I don't really mind it at all. The Redskins haven't stopped from trying to score they just can't. The moment a team concedes the game and stops trying to score is when the team leading should stop trying to score. Otherwise, play 60 minutes and score as much as you can.

This is embarrassing. Gibbs wants to play an outdated brand of football and that doesn't cut it in today's NFL. Especially when your roster is not configured to play that style of football. I'm not a fan of Bill Cowher but we definitely need a coaching change and I hate coaching changes because they usually involve setbacks. On a good note, pitchers and catchers report to ST in about 15 short weeks :lol: :?

Offline ronnynat

Pre me.

"1940 NFL championship: Bears 73, Redskins 0. The Bears had 501 yards of offense, intercepted eight passes and officials had to ask Bears coach George Halas to run or pass for the PAT on the team's final two scores because so many balls had been kicked into the stands."

Offline GburgNatsFan

In 2001, 37-0 didn't really stand out. :)

The Packers beat us 37-0 in 2001.

Offline ronnynat

I bet people will be pissed off that the Patriots "ran up the score" and they'll call them classless. I don't really mind it at all.

Yeah, it's fine in football. You only have so many weeks and so much time to run your offense. They're a passing team, so it's not a problem. The point is to score offense, right? Actually, I've never minded running up the score in ANY sport.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Pats/Colts next week... something to look forward to.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I only mind it in college football when a dominant team is making it hard for a much weaker to to play the rest of their season.

But these guys are professionals.
Yeah, it's fine in football. You only have so many weeks and so much time to run your offense. They're a passing team, so it's not a problem. The point is to score offense, right? Actually, I've never minded running up the score in ANY sport.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Well, I hope Gibbs announces his retirement tonight, effective at the end of the season. The guys need something to give them hope.

Offline NatsAddict

On a good note, pitchers and catchers report to ST in about 15 short weeks :lol: :?

You gonna make it down here?

Offline kimnat

I'll drag him and force him to endure 12 hours in the vehicle w/ Juliana shouting KEVINNNNNNNN in his face and bouncing her stuffed beanie frog thing in his face.  Just ask Calsgr8!

:lol:  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline NatsAddict

I'll drag him and force him to endure 12 hours in the vehicle w/ Juliana shouting KEVINNNNNNNN in his face and bouncing her stuffed beanie frog thing in his face.  Just ask Calsgr8!

:lol:  :icon_mrgreen:

I hope you do drag him down.  Is there a roster of potential ST attendees?

We need to jack this thread - it's depressing.

Offline ronnynat

I'm pleased that our coaches and players haven't fallen for the baiting by the media about whining over NE "running up the score". I heard at least two reporters try to get Gibbs to go there and another tried to get Portis and Williams to say something negative but neither of them did. The reality is that the Patriots are finishers and should be commended for having such killer instinct.

True. That killer instinct is what made them and Indy champions. We can only wish for that here right now. Oh man, I can't wait!! That's the "fire" I was talking about that we need in our head coach. Gibbs is too soft.

arkymark

Skins will win 48-2.  Gibbs has merely been biding his time, waiting to unleash the his true genius when the team is in the limelight and expected to lose.  After thrashing the Pats, the skins will go undefeated the rest of the season and win the Superbowl.

And in case you're wondering, the 2 points is going to be on an early safety that is meant to make the skins look incompetent and lull the Pats into a false sense of having an easy game.

The "make the skins look incompetent" part was well done, but the follow up was lacking.

Offline sportsfan882

I'm pleased that our coaches and players haven't fallen for the baiting by the media about whining over NE "running up the score". I heard at least two reporters try to get Gibbs to go there and another tried to get Portis and Williams to say something negative but neither of them did. The reality is that the Patriots are finishers and should be commended for having such killer instinct.
Exactly.. Running up the score in the National Football League?? Give me a break.  If the Redskins cared then they should have stopped them. 

But I wouldn't be surprised if this ass whopping we took today helps us get on track. Maybe this will help to put Gibbs' old ass back in line.
Hopefully, that's why I sort of wish we would have lost that game against Arizona.  Maybe things would have been different this week in practice and the results of today's game would have been different.  This loss greatly saddens me but I would be more 10X upset if we lose next week against the Jets.  They are 1-7 and just got dominated by the Bills at home. I'd guess that Clemens will start this week against the Skins. Anything less than a complete domination of the Jets would be disappointing.  If Gibbs and Co. want to show everyone that they are still a legit team then they need to put up points and win like 31-10.   Then they need to take care of Philly at home to get to 6-3.  After that, who knows what happens but we have to get there first.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
So much for being a cockeyed optimist!   :'(

Offline CALSGR8

I guess rooting for a team or someone or something against all odds is called hope.

I guess I have "The Audacity of Hope" (Haven't read it yet another book to read).

Offline nats2playoffs

Notice the difference between their screens and our screens? They spread the defense out and have their receivers run routes to give the backs room to run and make moves. The Redskins use extra tight ends or linemen and have their receivers stay in to block so that the backs have no space to work in.

And by doing this, the Redskins TELL the other team's defense that there is NO NEED to set anyone BACK deep, since their play will be in the Redskins' backfield.  Gibbs is now a clueless, incompetent old man, who would lose 52-7, if he had to play against the Joe Gibbs-coached teams of the 1980s.

The Redskins probably now lead the NFL in fumbles.  The Patriots regular fumble drills in practice prepared them to KNOCK the ball out of Campbell's hands.  There is a QB countdown clock after the ball is snapped.  Campbell is POORLY coached.  He CANNOT stand there holding the ball THAT LONG.  He MUST throw to someone (on OUR team), or throw it away, or roll out, or RUN.  The Patriots KNEW he'd be standing there, like a deer staring at the headlights.  So they went for the BALL, and did NOT try to tackle him.  THAT's how they got to and won 3 Super Bowls.

One team (Bill Parcells-coached Cowboys?) played a game last year, where they put every single member of the defense up on the line, on FIRST DOWN, since they knew their opponent was absolutely too chicken to even TRY to throw the ball down field.  I can't remember who they played; it wasn't the Redskins.

Please retire, Joe Gibbs

Offline El Kabong

I bet people will be pissed off that the Patriots "ran up the score" and they'll call them classless. I don't really mind it at all.

I wish Gibbs 2.0 would have the same kind of killer instinct (especially last week instead of letting Phoenix come back to make it closer than it should be), and if that means running up the score, so be it.  People complain about the other side running up the score only when they're on the whipping end and they can't stop them.  This isn't diplomacy, this is professional sports.

Offline CALSGR8

Running up the score wasn't a problem when the shoe's on the other foot!  I remember some Skins games in the past where we used to cream people!  You get on a roll and go!  You know, like what the Rangers did to the O's last summer!