Poll

How many points will the New England Patriots score against the Redskins?

Over 49
3 (21.4%)
45 to 49
0 (0%)
40 to 44
1 (7.1%)
35 to 39
1 (7.1%)
30 to 34
2 (14.3%)
20 to 29
5 (35.7%)
10 to 19
1 (7.1%)
Under 10
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: How many points will the New England Patriots score against the Redskins?  (Read 3768 times)

Offline ronnynat

offense needs to put the ball down the field!

Offline sportsfan882

offense needs to put the ball down the field!
Nope, they'd rather throw a million quick screens to the WRs and little 5 yard out patterns.

Offline sportsfan882

lmao at the Redskins playing prevent D in the 1st half..  :(

Offline ronnynat

lmao at the Redskins playing prevent D in the 1st half..  :(

It's the same D we've played the last two weeks against two other passing teams. Difference is, the Patriots are smart enough to run the receivers one direction, and the RB in the other for long screen plays. We need pressure and knockdowns to have a chance. We shouldn't give up the deep throws, though.

Offline sportsfan882

It's the same D we've played the last two weeks against two other passing teams. Difference is, the Patriots are smart enough to run the receivers one direction, and the RB in the other for long screen plays. We need pressure and knockdowns to have a chance. We shouldn't give up the deep throws, though.
The patriots don't care if we take away the deep ball, they'll just continue to dump it off and get 10-15 yds a play. 

The Redskins are child's play for New England.  The Redskins are what they are which is 7-9, 8-8 team that doesn't make the playoffs.

LMAO at extremeskins.com being down.  Guess I'm not the only one who is livid.  This is embarrassing.

Offline sportsfan882

unbelievable.. At least Miami and others made it a close game against New England. Washington is done for the season

Offline NatsAddict

unbelievable.. At least Miami and others made it a close game against New England. Washington is done for the season

Miami was down 42-7 at the half, and Gutierrez started the 3rd quarter as NE's QB, and he was then replaced by Cassell.  Brady made a cameo late in the 4th in order to set a personal high 6 TD passes in a single game.

Offline sportsfan882

Miami was down 42-7 at the half, and Gutierrez started the 3rd quarter as NE's QB, and he was then replaced by Cassell.  Brady made a cameo late in the 4th in order to set a personal high 6 TD passes in a single game.
Miami still played better than the Redskins have in this game.  I've never seen a defense dominated this badly in my life.  Let alone a supposedly "good " defense.  The Patriots are running/passing at will. 

Offline ronnynat

I've never seen a defense dominated this badly in my life. 

I've seen the Colts and Patriots do this quite a few times over the last few seasons. A LOT of this blame needs to go on the offensive play calling. I think they put way too much focus on defense this week. Gibbs' attitude this whole week sucked...we need a younger guy with some balls calling the shots around here. Gibbs is just a bit past his prime as a general.

Offline sportsfan882

I am also beginning to doubt whether Campbell is the future as well.  He has only thrown 5 TDs this year and has turned the ball over a ton.  He also misses a lot of open receivers.  JC isn't the only one playing poor though.  This is a total team loss.  The o-line is shameful, the running backs are slow, and the receivers can't get open. 

Offline ronnynat

I am also beginning to doubt whether Campbell is the future as well.  He has only thrown 5 TDs this year and has turned the ball over a ton.  He also misses a lot of open receivers.  JC isn't the only one playing poor though.  This is a total team loss.  The o-line is shameful, the running backs are slow, and the receivers can't get open. 

I think Fletcher is the ONLY one playing w/out feeling the pressure. JC isn't where he needs to be..most definitely..but it's only about 10% his fault.

Offline NatsAddict

An offensive line is shameful when a new coach/GM come in and waives the entire line, and not one of them are picked up.

Offline sportsfan882

An offensive line is shameful when a new coach/GM come in and waives the entire line, and not one of them are picked up.
I know your Dolphins are bad but they are supposed to be bad.  The Redskins were actually supposed to be a decent team, especially considering their sky high payroll.  Portis is slow as ****, Campbell is very shaky, the o-line is one of the worst in the league and the D is greatly overrated.

Offline NatsAddict

Ooo.  Forced the Pats to call a timeout.  Maybe we can make them regret that.

Offline ronnynat

If Vrabel gets another TD, he may become the first player ever to get both Offensive AND Defensive Player of the Week  :shock:. He should at least get the overall Player of the Week award. 3 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and a TD reception should do it.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Compare the Skin's play calling against the Pats. See if you don't want to beat your head against a wall. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Offline ronnynat

Can we at least get 3-7 points so i don't lose 21 automatically in fantasy football?!!

Offline NatsAddict

That screen to Portis is the dumbest play I've seen all year, and I've been watching the 'Fins.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Pro'ly not.
Can we at least get 3-7 points so i don't lose 21 automatically in fantasy football?!!

Offline sportsfan882

No. Campbell sucks and so do the RBs/WRs.

Offline ronnynat

Anyone start a petition to get Cowher yet? We need someone w/ that fire here. :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

That's a good analysis... I noticed that there were spaces in front of the RBs, but hadn't thought about why.

Notice the difference between their screens and our screens? They spread the defense out and have their receivers run routes to give the backs room to run and make moves. The Redskins use extra tight ends or linemen and have their receivers stay in to block so that the backs have no space to work in.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I don't think I've ever seen 51 scored against the Skins.

It's awesome to watch the plays develop. The Skins offense looks slow and predictable. The Pats... you can't even tell where the hell they are going to go with the ball.

Offline sportsfan882

lmao.. the backup QB runs for a long TD.. 3 TD runs by Pats QBs today.  Seriously, heads should roll over this game.  I really don't know what to say. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

Which ones? There are so many head coaches for the Skins it's hard to tell who is responsible for what.
lmao.. the backup QB runs for a long TD.. 3 TD runs by Pats QBs today.  Seriously, heads should roll over this game.  I really don't know what to say.