Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2 (W)  (Read 14605 times)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2 (W)
« Topic Start: September 03, 2005, 06:41:47 PM »
Game Time: 7:05 PM

Eude Brito, LHP (0-0, 1.59)
Brito received a no-decision on Aug. 21 against the Nationals, though he deserved better. He surrendered just one run on three hits, with the run scoring on a Brad Eldred solo homer. Otherwise, he was near perfect through the first four innings, retiring 12 of the 13 batters he faced.

John Patterson, RHP (8-4, 2.50)
Patterson is 1-0 with an 0.66 ERA in two games against the Phillies this season. In his last start, Tuesday against the Braves, Patterson had to leave the game because of stomach cramps. He lasted 2 2/3 innings and gave up two runs.

Starting Lineups:

Code: [Select]
  Philadelphia         Washington
1. Jimmy Rollins, SS    Brad Wilkerson, RF
2. Kenny Lofton, CF     Deivi Cruz, SS
3. Chase Utley, 2B      Nick Johnson, 1B
4. Bobby Abreu, RF      Preston Wilson, CF
5. Pat Burrell, LF      Vinny Castilla, 3B
6. Ryan Howard, 1B      Marlon Byrd, LF
7. David Bell, 3B       Gary Bennett, C
8. Todd Pratt, C        Jamey Carroll, 2B
9. Eude Brito, P        John Patterson, P

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #1: September 03, 2005, 08:38:41 PM »
Wow, looks like everybodyz given up!! Well, this is so far a good pitched game by Patterson and he hit a ground rule double, I still care!!

Offline joabee

« Reply #2: September 03, 2005, 09:08:06 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
Wow, looks like everybodyz given up!! Well, this is so far a good pitched game by Patterson and he hit a ground rule double, I still care!!

I hear you! Strange, almost no posts. Well, lets go nats!!!

Offline esoteric

« Reply #3: September 03, 2005, 09:40:30 PM »
4-1 Washington, so far.  My excuse is that I was moving into my new place.  What's everybody else's?

GO NATS!

PUT IT AWAY CHIEF!

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #4: September 03, 2005, 09:49:23 PM »
OHHHH we got trouble!....right here in DC city.  

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #5: September 03, 2005, 09:53:03 PM »
Wow, another blown save for Cordero, if we cant rely on him to shut it down with a three run lead, then i cant help but feel our season is over

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #6: September 03, 2005, 10:14:06 PM »
Wow, another blown save for Cordero, if we cant rely on him to shut it down with a three run lead, then i cant help but feel our season is over

get a grip.

if there is one player on this team that you CANNOT bag on this season, it is Chad Cordero.

He is far and away the MVP of this team, and he's been as clutch as it gets MANY, MANY, MANY times.

we just need to hope he can shake this off, and keep us in this game in the 10th.  and we need to hope he can shake it off and come back strong tomorrow when we need him.

man, you go from extreme-high, happy happy joy joy...

to Eeyore, woe-is-me the whole world is evil...

in the snap of a finger.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #7: September 03, 2005, 10:15:05 PM »
oh, and my excuse is that I've been out and about, working all night.

I'm finding that this new gig as a Network Engineer has some odd hours. but the pay is good, and I practically work for myself :).

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #8: September 03, 2005, 10:18:13 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

get a grip.

if there is one player on this team that you CANNOT bag on this season, it is Chad Cordero.

He is far and away the MVP of this team, and he's been as clutch as it gets MANY, MANY, MANY times.

we just need to hope he can shake this off, and keep us in this game in the 10th.  and we need to hope he can shake it off and come back strong tomorrow when we need him.

in the snap of a finger.

LOL, I forgot, all you old people have to work, dont you guys get weekends off? Ha, I just believe in the Nationals so much to see them go up by THREE WHOLE RUNS and then CORDERO of ALL people give that up is just so disheartening, if they dont come back and win this thing tonight, I just I dont think my heart could take it.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #9: September 03, 2005, 10:41:55 PM »
Last I checked the bases were loaded, with one out, This is so sad, John Patterson pitches 7 2/3 strong innings, the Nats score two insurance runs in the bottom of the eighth and Chad Cordero gives up three runs and the save. It really seems nothing is going our way now anymore. I guess now we take the role of spoiler to other teams.

Of course, this all becomes invalid if we actually win! But I jsut dont see it happening, I'm sorry for being such a downer

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Offline joabee

« Reply #10: September 03, 2005, 10:43:52 PM »
We haven't lost yet and we will not. Now it's time for tough to get going. Lets kick phillies a** and just keep rollin'!!!

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #11: September 03, 2005, 10:46:20 PM »
Poor Zimmeran, they chose Blanco over him to bat...it's kinda like an insult or something. :lol:

Just joking...I hope, Zim will start the game tommorow.l

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #12: September 03, 2005, 10:46:44 PM »
Last I checked the bases were loaded, with one out, This is so sad, John Patterson pitches 7 2/3 strong innings, the Nats score two insurance runs in the bottom of the eighth and Chad Cordero gives up three runs and the save. It really seems nothing is going our way now anymore. I guess now we take the role of spoiler to other teams.

Of course, this all becomes invalid if we actually win! But I jsut dont see it happening, I'm sorry for being such a downer

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Thanks for your concern, Mr. C. Little

Offline carlfish

« Reply #13: September 03, 2005, 10:57:23 PM »
Ding dang it, come on Nats!!!

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #14: September 03, 2005, 11:03:55 PM »
Game over, nats won.

Rbi single by Wilson.

5-4.

Offline joabee

« Reply #15: September 03, 2005, 11:05:29 PM »
We showed some guts comming back. Sweet win!!!

Offline carlfish

« Reply #16: September 03, 2005, 11:07:56 PM »
Bang Zoom!  We got it!

Offline joabee

« Reply #17: September 03, 2005, 11:09:38 PM »
Quote from: "carlfish"
Bang Zoom!  We got it!

I was looking for that one!  :lol:

natslive

« Reply #18: September 04, 2005, 12:04:58 AM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

get a grip.

in the snap of a finger.

LOL, I forgot, all you old people have to work, dont you guys get weekends off? Ha, I just believe in the Nationals so much to see them go up by THREE WHOLE RUNS and then CORDERO of ALL people give that up is just so disheartening, if they dont come back and win this thing tonight, I just I dont think my heart could take it.

I was there tonight in my usual seats in section 212...:)  Of all people - CORDERO has produced all year and while it's a shame he blew the save tonight agree with JMAD that he is our MVP.......the Nats showed some heart coming back and it was great to see all of them on the field after the win....tonight's game also showed why we needed to call up some pitchers - MLB and the budget be damned.....it's ridiculous that we don't have enough pitchers here in Sept....

BTW can't believe there were only 17 posts to this game thread - maybe everyone else was at work or at the game.....

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #19: September 04, 2005, 12:55:07 AM »
Wow only one page... But its a winning page, so we cant complain. Sorry I was out for this one, but from the box score, it was just as well I wasn't, because I don't think my heart could take it..

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #20: September 04, 2005, 08:09:16 PM »
I haven't had access to a computer all weekend fellas, sorry for the absence.  Nice to see that we took 2 of 3 from the Phils, I was checking the score every 5 minutes while I was out last night.  I left in the middle of the 8th thinking the game was as good as over.  Little did I know! :eek: